http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 06:07:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lunar : Dragon Song coming to DS  (Read 1126 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2005, 06:36:05 AM »

RPGFan has details on the new Lunar game for the DS, Dragon Song.  It will be a prequel to Silver Star, and is supposed to come out next month.  I'm surprised it's due to be released so soon (before the Japanese release, surprisingly) as I've heard next to nothing about the game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 10:12:34 AM »

Another card based RPG. I'd really like a normal RPG.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »

I saw that on nintendo.com and was surprised no one has mentioned it.  I'm alittle disappointed it is not going to be a turn-base..are we sure its not?

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:38:34 AM »

For some reason, Nintendo was listing the game as an RTS, but has since changed their listing to RPG, presumably turn-based and similar to the earlier games.  I really don't get what it happening with this game.  Ubisoft has next month listed as the release date for the US, but nobody even knows who the developer of the game is, and the little bit of information released the other day is pretty much all that is known about it.  This game is even more of a mystery than Riviera for the GBA.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 10:31:36 PM »

Just read in the latest Nintendo Power, which has improved drastically by the way but is still what you expect from a single console mag, about this game.

Seems it is a traditional style RPG that will use cards as a modifier. They said that you will use weapons and items like normal but you can collect cards that have different effects on your characters.

The game looks hot, and I like the story angle. Could end up a big winner.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 03:43:49 AM »

I'll definitely be buying it, considering it doesn't do something horrible like make your DS combust.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 06:51:35 AM »

Excellent, by the time this one comes out, I may finish up on a couple other gba/ds titles, so good timing!  I'll be grabbing it, most likely.

TheMissingLink on PSN
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 07:38:13 AM »

The Nintendo Power article also mentioned that the next Lunar game will most likely tell the story of the four heroes mentioned in the first game, something that fans have wanted for a long time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: