http://gamingtrend.com
December 26, 2014, 04:28:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lumnies arcade LIVE.  (Read 1285 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2006, 05:27:28 AM »

tomorrow(october 19th)..lumnies LIVE appears on the xbox live arcade..it'll costa pretty penny though

taken from majornelson.com
'Lumines Live!' for Xbox Live Arcade brings exciting new music, new video content, and 12 different skins, for hours of fun. The Xbox Live Arcade game features exclusive Xbox Live online multiplayer play, allowing you to play against your friends in head-to-head battles.  “Lumines Live!” includes:

Full online multiplayer play over Xbox Live – battle your friends head-to-head
Classic Lumines gameplay, including Challenge, Puzzle and vs. CPU modes
All-new Skin Edit Mode allows you to re-mix the order of your unlocked skins to create a custom Lumines experience
All-new Mission mode presents player with pre-designed Lumines puzzle scenarios
Dynamic skins, sound effects and music optimized specifically for Lumines Live! in high-definition graphics and 5.1 channel surround audio
Extensive downloadable content support over Xbox Live Marketplace – add new skins, puzzles, missions, artist packs and more
Full suite of online leaderboards
The full version of the game will be 1200 points. Plus an optional pack for 600 points will also be available that will allow gamers to change their music scene as well as choose from 22 new skins. I'll post the moment 'Lumines Live' is available on the Marketplace. The actual time of availability will depend how the rest of the maintenance goes smile 

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 06:02:21 AM »

Fun game, but that's a little too many points me thinks.   :icon_sad:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:16:15 AM »

I'll buy it and the add on. icon_neutral It was the only game I really liked on the PSP. Paid more for it on the PSP than this.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 07:51:19 AM »

actually,major nelson posted that on tuesday...soooo

its today that its out...when xbox live is back up,i guess

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:00:19 AM »

1200 points (15 bucks) would be great for a game like Lumines...but only 12 skins for the main purchase?
Might as well consider this a 1800 point purchase.
If I hadn't already played this on PSP I'd be all over it, but I grew tired of Lumines because of the investment required to reach new skins.
After a while, it can take over an hour to get to your previous best--there's no way to pick up at the highest level you had achieved.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 11:20:37 AM »

i have just downloaded the trial version(yes,xbox live is back up...only 3 hrs late this time)

i didnt like it,LOL

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 12:53:35 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on October 18, 2006, 11:00:19 AM

but I grew tired of Lumines because of the investment required to reach new skins.
After a while, it can take over an hour to get to your previous best--there's no way to pick up at the highest level you had achieved.
This is when the PSP Lumines died on me as well.  It'd take over an hour to do the first 150 levels on autopilot before I could finally be challenged again.  Come on, programmers!  Warp gates have existed since Super Mario Bros ONE!  Why not throw something in like...on level 10 if you form a certain shape/pattern you warp to 30, at 40 you can warp to 60, etc. It wouldn't cheapen the game the way it might if you could just choose your start level, and it would make you have to "prove you're worthy" of warping ahead by being able to form the pattern.  Make the warp pattern tie in with the level's theme and you've got a catchy game mechanic that ups the longevity.

But back to reality, HEY I KNOW WE CAN CHARGE THEM $5 FOR THE SKIP AHEAD CHEATCODE!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »

On the fence whether I want to plunk down the points for this bad boy.  I really enjoy Lumines on the PSP and the thought of a multiplayer live aspect sounds fun, I didn't like (how others have stated) how I had to play for an extended amount of time before I could unlock new skins.

That's a lot of Microsoft points though.  I'll have to read up on some more impressions.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 05:02:08 PM »

I finally downloaded it and played.  I bought it right away, it just brought back too many good Lumines memories.  I only played for about 45 minutes.

The bad things: 1) Control is a little spastic if you're moving across the board.  It's too easy to overshoot your mark.  However, I'm sure that just takes a little playtime to get used to.  2) Played mission mode through 5 levels and was told to download the extra pack if I wanted to keep playing.  5 LEVELS.  Barely tutorial stuff.  And the worst part is, the bonus moolah pack isn't even available.

The good: 1) I played challenge mode for the majority of my time, and I didn't hear Hollaback Girl once.  All classic Lumines-style music (not sure if it's the same music...it's been awhile since I played, but nothing screamed, "Oh, I remember this song!").  2) I've heard some complaints that the board was too much to take in.  I have a feeling that may be true for all the suckers who think a 50" TV in their shoebox apartment is a good idea.  If you have an appropriate sized television for the distance you sit from the TV, you should be fine.  3) There are a ton of gameplay options.  The number of things to do is staggering, frankly, for a game on XBLA.  And I haven't even opened the MP menu yet.  4) It's Lumines.  Seriously, this is the game it should be.

Now, again, I've only done 45 minutes.  I haven't looked at achievements yet.  These are really just first blush impressions, but I'm excited about it, to say the least.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 10:13:17 PM »

I had fun with the trial version.  I'm not convinced to buy it yet.  When the 'advanced' pack comes out I'll re-evaluate it.  Right now there are way too many things for me to play, and 3 more come out next week.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 09:23:41 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 18, 2006, 05:02:08 PM

The good: 1) I played challenge mode for the majority of my time, and I didn't hear Hollaback Girl once.  All classic Lumines-style music (not sure if it's the same music...it's been awhile since I played, but nothing screamed, "Oh, I remember this song!"). 

Just give challenge mode a shot. The second skin (with the red & white dots making up the squares) is from the original Lumines.  Liked the third skin a lot.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:59:59 PM by Misguided » Logged

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »

Advance pack is out.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: