http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 12:57:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots of new content on Marketplace now!  (Read 3036 times)
disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2006, 03:57:09 AM »

the MotoGP demo is definitely challenging...just have to get in the mindset that slower is often faster when taking those corners on a bike.  i played around with it enough that i was eventually able to win both races, but i wouldn't say my riding was pretty by any means.  personally, i found that it was much easier to control using one of the third-person views.  i was doing pretty well that way, but as soon as i switched to the on-bike view it was like a different game...very cool perspective though with the sounds of other bikes around you and wind roaring by at high speed.  the graphics are pretty impressive as well...very realistic, great sense of speed, and tons of little touches that add to the realism.  it's cool to see your rider shifting position realistically with even the smallest movements of the controls, looking over your shoulder as you fly past other racers, or waving an angry fist when you get bumped...the game is full of details.

i get the feeling that MotoGP will be a great game, but i'm not sure a motorcycle racer is something that really interests me with so many other great looking games in the coming months...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006, 12:18:25 PM »

I played both MotoGP and Lost Planet.  Lost PLanet I liked a lot, though hopefully they will give you objectives and cool little side things to do.  If all it is is running through levels shooting stuff, I think I will get bored quickly.  I enjoyed the art design of the creatures a great deal.  I also like the mechanic where you slowly lose energy or whatever that stuff is based on the fact that it is so cold (I am guessing that is why you lose it).

With MotoGP, I played one race and came in 20th.  It is interesting how differently a bike apparently races than a car and I was just not adjusting very well.  I will have to give it another go and slow down better at the turns.  The graphics were not as good as I had seen on the screen shots in my opinion.  However, this is probably due to the fact that they were taken from views you wouldn't actually be doing during a race, just like they do with Madden screens.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006, 04:07:45 PM »

I was very impressed with the Lost Planet demo.  Especially since it is still a few months from release. I hadn't heard anything about the game before, but it looks like a day one purchase for me based on that demo.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »

i was thinking the same thing....until disco jason said about hopefully being side quests as just the killing could get old quick....and i see what he means......and i am hoping the same

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006, 03:15:57 AM »

Time to turn in my man card, the game getting the most interest from me based on what I saw is Viva Pinata.   :oops:

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2006, 03:41:30 AM »

Quote from: "Interloper"
Time to turn in my man card, the game getting the most interest from me based on what I saw is Viva Pinata.   :oops:

Me too.  That one and Fable 2 are the two games I'm looking the most forward to.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2006, 04:53:41 AM »

Quote from: "The_Man"

Me too.  That one and Fable 2 are the two games I'm looking the most forward to.

What exactly do you do in this game?  I've only seen screenshots and can't quite figure it out.  From what I can tell it looks like the fancy fur effects they used on Conker (specifically, the furry tails).

The GT preview says "Viva Piņata lets you control a variety of living piņata species in an ever-changing garden environment."  Okay...  Can I beat the hell out of them until their candy pops out?  More importantly, can I swing the Wiimote to do so? :wink:

I guess I'll just have to download the video and find out!  So many games to check out now...  The future on all fronts looks bright, I just wish I could play them now.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2006, 01:46:32 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

What exactly do you do in this game?  I've only seen screenshots and can't quite figure it out.  From what I can tell it looks like the fancy fur effects they used on Conker (specifically, the furry tails).

The GT preview says "Viva Piņata lets you control a variety of living piņata species in an ever-changing garden environment."  Okay...  Can I beat the hell out of them until their candy pops out?  More importantly, can I swing the Wiimote to do so? :wink:

I guess I'll just have to download the video and find out!  So many games to check out now...  The future on all fronts looks bright, I just wish I could play them now.

Looks like a cross between Black & White, The Sims, and Harvest Moon.  You really should download the trailer...it will sell you instantly.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2006, 02:22:02 PM »

Looks like a cross between Black & White, The Sims, and Harvest Moon.  You really should download the trailer...it will sell you instantly.

I think it could also be called part Animal Crossing as well.  I am definitely interested in it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »

seeing as it's a 360 exclusive, you won't be using the Wiimote to do much of anything slywink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2006, 05:31:16 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"

seeing as it's a 360 exclusive, you won't be using the Wiimote to do much of anything slywink

Hence the wink. :wink:

I am just waiting for the "OMG imagine how much better this would be on the Wii!" posts to begin (a la DS vs PSP).  Hopefully the other forums will pick up the slack in this regard.

Let me get the ball rolling:

Wii60!

So anybody pick up the new Flaming Lips album, At War with the Mystics?  I have it sitting right here but I haven't played it yet.  I'm nervous because I don't know how they can keep up with the awesomeness of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots and The Soft Bulletin.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2006, 03:10:34 AM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
I think it could also be called part Animal Crossing as well.  I am definitely interested in it.

Yeah, I've been billing it as Animal Crossing meets Pokemon. I think this one, especially with the huge marketing push coming behind it (in case you haven't heard, there's a companion tv show), could be huge.

What concerns me is that it is on 360 and this isn't a typical xbox type of game. I think it's exciting that Microsoft wants to branch out into more family friendly titles, but I wonder how well it will be received.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2006, 05:17:26 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Quote from: "DiscoJason"

Yeah, I've been billing it as Animal Crossing meets Pokemon. I think this one, especially with the huge marketing push coming behind it (in case you haven't heard, there's a companion tv show), could be huge.

What concerns me is that it is on 360 and this isn't a typical xbox type of game. I think it's exciting that Microsoft wants to branch out into more family friendly titles, but I wonder how well it will be received.

All I can say is that while not my normal genre, I am looking forward to it and will buy it day 1.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: