http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:29:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots of new content on Marketplace now!  (Read 2980 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:21:13 PM »

Demos:

Test Drive demo

Lost Planet Demo

Trailers:

NCAA Football 07

Bullet Witch

DDR

Rain

Sonic

Stranglehold

Brothers in Arms 3

LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2

Dead Rising

Battlestations

NCAA College Hoops 2K7

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:26:12 PM »

Update:

Looks like the Lost Planet demo was pulled...it was out a day early.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 10:49:53 PM »

Excellent!  I want to try out the Lost Planet demo.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 11:41:37 PM »

Breifly tried the test drive demo.  First thing... the blurring of the scenery going by you is a bit disturbing so far.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 11:45:41 PM »

a few of my initial impressions on the new downloads...

i just downloaded all the new trailers and TDU demo pretty quickly...although i was initially having trouble connecting to Live! the trailers for Bullet Witch and Stranglehold are unimpressive to say the least...don't look near as good as the 360 game already out. the NCAA games look like you'd expect based on the '06 games. i'm not sure what to make of Rain as they really don't show much of the game...a few quick shots that look like Splinter Cell is all the in-game footage we get right now. overall, i'm a little underwhelmed by the trailers.

as for the Test Drive demo...i think it may save me $60. it's a time-limited demo where you're turned loose in Hawaii with a choice of three cars, some open road, and a handful of challenges. the graphics aren't as impressive as i expected from the screenshots, and they've really gone overboard with motion blur to make up for it. in my opinion, the driving doesn't have a good feel at all and the sensation of speed in these exotic cars is really lacking. you bounce off other cars and objects like bumper cars, and they've missed any sense of realism if that was their goal. maybe the online aspect of the game will make it more interesting, but i don't see the appeal of TDU with several other great racers available (PGR3 and Burnout now, with Forza on the way).

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 01:04:07 PM »

Not to mention that the TDU demo also locks up your 360 after awhile.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »

oh thank god,i thought it was either my internet connection or my 360

EDIT:I just found out that it is a 15 minute demo..so maybe it was past 15 minutes,not sure

i have also just found this about all the dates for marketplace goodies(no doubt it is on the front page of this site...but anyway....):
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Bringing E3 Home Marketplace Content

All week long, we'll be updating Xbox Live® Marketplace with new E3 content. Watch the same hi-def game preview trailers and play the same next-gen demos as the game insiders on the show floor. Marketplace will be continually updated with new game content downloads, E3 gamer pictures and themes, and even more surprises.

Marketplace TrailersDownload these high-definition Xbox E3 booth montages for many of the games on display at E3.

Monday, May 8: Check out The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II and many more.

Tuesday, May 9: Get a sneak peak at lots more new Xbox 360™ game trailers.

Wednesday, May 10: See WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 in action, plus many more game trailers.

Thursday, May 11: Take an early look at Dead or Alive Extreme 2.

Friday, May 12: The trailer for Saint's Row is finally unveiled.
Marketplace DemosTrailers are great, but nothing beats the hands-on experience! We've got plenty of new game demos premiering all week. Download the demo to your hard drive, then sit back and play the latest E3 games from the comfort of your living room.

Monday, May 8
Test Drive® Unlimited: Race exotic vehicles on diverse Hawaiian roads in Atari's fast-paced racer.

Tuesday, May 9
Lost Planet™ : Capcom shows off its upcoming action sci-fi shooter set on the frozen tundra of a hostile planet.

Thursday, May 11
MotoGP '06: Experience extreme racing with stunning photorealistic graphics and a blisteringly fast game engine.
Marketplace Premium Downloadable Content

Tuesday, May 9
UNO®: The latest additon to Xbox Live Arcade is the classic party card game that’s number one for family fun! Compete against three other players to match colors and symbols, go Wild with special command cards such as Skip and Reverse, and be the first to play all your cards. Add-on theme decks offer new art and new card effects, keeping the game fresh and challenging.

Like all Arcade titles, you can download the demo and try it out free. Get ready to shout, "UNO!"

Wednesday, May 10
Call of Duty® 2 Map Packs: Activision has some exciting new premium and free map packs to get you through the week. Battle across new multiplayer maps for this intense WWII shooter.

Bonus Map Pack: These free multiplayer maps bring combat realism to new heights. Both are for online, split-screen, and system-link play. Vossenack, Germany challenges you with limited cover and varied terrain. Wallendar, Germany is perfect for squad-based combat, including hidden paths, rubble, and high-cover areas. Its war-torn cityscape embodies World War II-style urban warfare.
Skirmish Pack (400 MS Points): Two more all-new multiplayer maps, both for online, split-screen, and system-link play. Kalach, Russia is a multi-level war zone with twisting passageways perfect for sniper attacks. Beaumont-Hague, France features open fields for rushes and clustered buildings for ambush maneuvers.

Marketplace Digital Entertainment LifestyleCheck this section often—we'll be adding new trailers and exclusive content every day!

Monday, May 8

Poseidon movie trailer.

Wednesday, May 10

A Scanner Darkly movie trailer.

Thursday, May 11

Rihanna will have a live performance of her song, "S.O.S."

Friday, May 12

Hip-hop star Chris Brown will perform three songs live.

Saturday, May 13

The Promise movie trailer.

Marketplace Gamer Pictures and ThemesDownload exclusive gamer pictures and change your dashboard with these E3 themes.

Monday, May 8

adidas Picture Pack
X-Men Picture Pack
Tuesday, May 9

adidas dashboard theme
Wednesday, May 10

Silver and Gold Picture Pack
X-Men dashboard theme
adidas dashboard theme
Thursday, May 11

Silver and Gold dashboard themes
X-Men Picture Pack
adidas dashboard theme
Friday, May 12

X-Men dashboard theme
Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14

X-Men Picture Pack

><><><><>><><><>><><><><><<

xmen theme.....im having that!!!

but all in all,you gotta admit microsofts marketplace is spot on

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:45:31 PM »

has anyone else watched the new Lost Planet trailer yet?  i swear that game is looking more incredible every time they release new footage.  can't wait to try out the demo...downloading now Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 06:46:19 PM »

TDU locked up my system in 5 mins. THe graphics were meh and I was not impressed with the handling.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 06:46:58 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
has anyone else watched the new Lost Planet trailer yet?  i swear that game is looking more incredible every time they release new footage.  can't wait to try out the demo...downloading now Cool

Watched it last night and it looks fantastic.  Going to DL the demo...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 07:15:45 PM »

Summary of new trailers on LIVE :

Splinter Cell
Crackdown
Fable 2
Shadowrun
Alan Wake
Viva Pinata
Forza 2
Gears of war
Too Human
Halo 3 Announcement
Lost Planet
Call of Duty 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
NBA2K7
Tony Hawks Project 8
Hitman Blood Money
Table Tennis (rockstar)
Culdcept SAGA
Dance Dance Revolution
Rain
Sonic the Hedgehog
John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Bullet Witch
NCAA College Hoops 2k7
LOTR Battle for MiddleEarth II
Dead Rising
NCAA 07 Football
Test Drive Ultd.

New Demos :

Lost Planet
Test Drive Unlimited

Damn stuff got SLOW. biggrin Can't imagine why. Every trailer above Lost Planet's were JUST added within the last hour.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 07:27:25 PM »

Played the first level of Lost Planet.  Damn, that's impressive.  Everything had the right feel to it.  Movement (though I wish it was a little faster), weapons, the cool mech.  And it looks amazing on my HDTV, when the first massive creature erupts from the ground, oh man... My only concern with the game is the freezing/timed aspect.  It makes sense in the game world, but it inhibits exploring, which'll just frustrate me.  Also, there were no checkpoints that I saw, but this is just a demo.

I won't get to the second level until tonight, but I'm looking forward to it.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 07:33:32 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
Played the first level of Lost Planet.  Damn, that's impressive.  Everything had the right feel to it.  Movement (though I wish it was a little faster), weapons, the cool mech.  And it looks amazing on my HDTV, when the first massive creature erupts from the ground, oh man... My only concern with the game is the freezing/timed aspect.  It makes sense in the game world, but it inhibits exploring, which'll just frustrate me.  Also, there were no checkpoints that I saw, but this is just a demo.

I won't get to the second level until tonight, but I'm looking forward to it.

yeah...they just sold me on Lost Planet with that demo.  i haven't even been able to survive the first mission, but damn it's awesome.  i was a little worried about how well it will control, but i really don't think it could be much better...the movement/aiming system is spot-on both on foot and in the mech.  the freezing problem is something i'm still trying to get used to because it keeps pressing you forward...maintains a fast pace, but i'd like to sit back and relax once in a while.  in any case, if they couple that gameplay with a good story, Lost Planet should be one hell of a game Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 07:39:56 PM »

The Lost Planet demo was a lot of fun, but I'm hoping there's a good story to go along with it or it could get to be one dimensional.  Judging by the trailer it seems like there's some kind of story there.  I loved the explosions and climbing into a mech to dish out some whoop-ass.  

Anyone else feel like they were in Starship Troopers?  thumbsup

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 05:27:03 AM »

Anyone else feel like they were in Starship Troopers?

Those bugs popping up put that in mind for me, as well.

I tried the second level a couple of times.  It gives you an indication of multiplayer, too as there's a base attack and there's a lot of converting posts (similar to the Battlefield formula).  Not sure what the post converting actually accomplishes on the level, but I do know I get my butt handed to me pretty quickly on that one.

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »

Anyone else feel like they were in Starship Troopers?

Those bugs popping up put that in mind for me, as well.

I tried the second level a couple of times.  It gives you an indication of multiplayer, too as there's a base attack and there's a lot of converting posts (similar to the Battlefield formula).  Not sure what the post converting actually accomplishes on the level, but I do know I get my butt handed to me pretty quickly on that one.

activating those posts refills part of your energy.  i'm not sure if it's meant to do anything more than that...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 12:18:10 PM »

lost planet was really good,i was really impressed with it

for some reason though i had trouble downloading the shadowrun trailer...it just stuck on 6%...anyone else have this problem?

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 12:20:15 PM »

Quote from: "metallicorphan"

for some reason though i had trouble downloading the shadowrun trailer...it just stuck on 6%...anyone else have this problem?

had that same issue with Viva Piñata. I think that's just the server being overloaded, but not sure.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 12:39:06 PM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
Quote from: "metallicorphan"

had that same issue with Viva Piñata. I think that's just the server being overloaded, but not sure.

I imagine the servers have been getting absolutely trashed from everyone downloading the E3 content.  Somehow MS managed to underestimate the demand.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 02:03:59 PM »

But what's funny is that some downloads seem to work much better than others...as if they were on different servers.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »

It took me quite a while to download Uno last night.  It was "stuck" at 5% for 10 minutes or so.  I just left it to download while I did other things.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 02:52:55 PM »

Are the download speeds that much worse then normal?  I've had pretty slow download speeds the past couple months, much slower then the PC.  I wonder if Microsoft throttles them some?  Arcade games usually come down quickly, but they are small.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 03:14:49 PM »

it's definitely been slower since early yesterday.  i was downloading trailers very quickly on monday...now they crawl along and they were timing-out regularly yesterday.  it seems like it may be getting a little better now though...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 04:00:41 PM »

Since I was awake anyway, I downloaded the things I was interested in between 4am and 5am this morning.  Everything went pretty quickly.  

Insomnia has its uses I guess.   :lol:

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 04:28:32 PM »

I did the same thing at 3am.  Watched them this morning.  

6% seems to be the magic stop number during the day.  Although I've found that sometimes if I exit the download and try again, it hops to 40 or 50%.

The worst for me is that I keep getting kicked out of Live.  I don't understand that at all.

shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 04:35:21 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Not to mention that the TDU demo also locks up your 360 after awhile.

Yeah!  Me too!   Only after about 30 seconds though.  First lockup I've ever had on it (only had it a month though).

- shaggy

shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 04:37:43 PM »

I did the same thing at 3am.  Watched them this morning.  

6% seems to be the magic stop number during the day.  Although I've found that sometimes if I exit the download and try again, it hops to 40 or 50%.

The worst for me is that I keep getting kicked out of Live.  I don't understand that at all.

Actually, 6% is the magic "start number".  If you download anything, it always initializes at 6%.    

One thing I noticed yesterday is that I started a download of a trailer and then immediately cancelled it and went to play the Lost Planet demo.   Didn't last too long.  Went back to get the trailer and it immediately hit 57% or so.   It seemed to me to be doing some kind of "background downloading" that we all wish were there.

- shaggy

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 05:22:01 PM »

Quote from: "shaggydoug"
One thing I noticed yesterday is that I started a download of a trailer and then immediately cancelled it and went to play the Lost Planet demo.   Didn't last too long.  Went back to get the trailer and it immediately hit 57% or so.   It seemed to me to be doing some kind of "background downloading" that we all wish were there.

i don't think it's doing any downloading in the background, but downloads will definitely resume now if they get cut off for some reason.  i had several trailers time-out while trying to download yesterday...tried getting them today and they picked up right where they left off.

the download speeds are also much improved today...almost back to pre-E3 rates for me Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »

just wait till they add more content.

::shudders::

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 06:40:48 PM »

i don't think it's doing any downloading in the background, but downloads will definitely resume now if they get cut off for some reason.

I've noticed in the past that my downloads will hang at 6%, or another number, and when I resume later it'll start at a much higher number.  I think the download indicator is just broken, or does a very poor job of updating itself, especially with the large downloads.  I don't see the problem as much with movies or Arcade titles.

I usually have to leave the 360 alone for a couple hours to get downloads, at least in the past, I shudder to think how long it'll take with E3 going.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 07:01:03 PM »

that xmen them was pants!!...look like a gay mans magazine promo,LOL

99 nights looks quite good,lots of CG and it looks as though it plays like devil may cry(the first one at least)

enchanted arm also looks decent enough

when are we gonna see something from square enix....didnt they say they had 2 exclusive 360 titles in the bag??

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »

After watching some E3 trailers last night...

I echo all of the positive comments about Namco's Lost Planet.  That game looks crazy.  It seems very hard.  

I was surprised by the visuals for Crackdown.  They looked both good and bad.  It looks like some form of cell shading for the overall artistic style.  

NCAA07...meh.  Graphics were ok.  They seemed to be highlighting the stadium detail.  

NBA2K7 looked freaky.  It appears that they're trying to show off cloth animation in the demo.  The players all look very wax like and disturbing in an Uncanny Valley way.  The cloth animation looks weird.  It doesn't look like they changed the engine much from 2K6.  

Halo3...finish the fight in 2007.  I wasn't really impressed with this trailer, and the finish the fight comment just made me relive my frustration from the Halo2 finale.      

Bullet Witch made me crack up for some reason.  Sometimes game concepts don't translate very well from Japan to NA.  

I'm really rooting for Too Human, but the in-game trailer pieces were disappointing.  The graphics need a serious texture overhaul.  The music on the other hand was great.  The comparisons to Advent Rising are warranted, to include the excellent musical score.

Call of Duty 3 looked intense, especially if that's actual first person in-game action towards the end of the trailer.  They could've cut out all of the self-promoting for their previous titles and awards during the first half of the trailer.  They don't need that.  

The trailer for Fable2 was well done, but didn't show any in-game action.  I forget what those little paper origami things are called that she was playing with in the beginning.  Edited: after watching the trailer again there seem to be several paths to follow: Mind, Body, Nobility and Corruption.  

The Marvel trailer looked awful.  Did anyone actually watch that before they released it?  The graphics looked terrible for a 360 title.  The game concept sounds good, but wow, the graphics look like current gen Xmen Legend titles.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 11:59:12 PM »

I watched a few of the trailers today :

Culdcept Saga : I'm excited for this title as long as the cheating AI is out.  There was hardly any gameplay shown, but I'd assume it's going to be pretty much the same as the last one.

Enchanted Arms : Looks good.  I like the look of this one better than Blue Dragon.

DDR : Looks like good ol' DDR in HD.

I watched the Bullet Witch trailer online, but it looked really bad graphically, but I couldn't tell if it was from the low resolution.  Does it look any better from the 360?

Played the Lost Planet demo and was fairly impressed.  If they can throw in a good story, I'll probably end up buying it.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 12:59:35 AM »

The two trailers that absolutely sold me on the game were Viva Pinata and Fable 2.  These are now instant day one purchases for me.  

Also, the demo of Lost Planet was great.  Tough, but great.  Another day one purchase for me.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 09:52:30 AM »

i just downloaded the spiderman 3 trailer(game trailer)....you may wanna avoid that trailer as it shows NOTHING

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »

Tried the Lost Planet demo, but I must be in the minority as i really didn't enjoy it that much.  it just seemed like every other action based, third person shooter out there.   :cry:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 03:39:17 PM »

moto gp 06 demo is up now.  It is playable on Xbox Live.
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 06:59:26 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
Quote from: "shaggydoug"

i don't think it's doing any downloading in the background, but downloads will definitely resume now if they get cut off for some reason.  i had several trailers time-out while trying to download yesterday...tried getting them today and they picked up right where they left off.

the download speeds are also much improved today...almost back to pre-E3 rates for me Cool

Let me focus in on one word in my first quote...."immediately".   Seriously, I immediately changed my mind.  The reason why was the download was over 100 MBs and I decided I didn't want to wait to play the Lost Planet Demo.   I was therefore surprised to see it at 57% or so when I went back to it.  

- shaggy

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 10:30:42 PM »

Quote from: "hepcat"
Tried the Lost Planet demo, but I must be in the minority as i really didn't enjoy it that much.  it just seemed like every other action based, third person shooter out there.   :cry:

It didn't grab me either.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 03:18:00 AM »

MotoGP, like the ones before it, is just too hard to control for me.  I started getting used to it on the streets of Japan, but as soon as I went back to the track I was all over the place again.  I remember going through training on a previous game and not being able to do what they wanted immediately.  Sure looks nice, though.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: