http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 07:37:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LotR: The Third Age...anyone played it?  (Read 1533 times)
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2004, 06:31:01 PM »

I'm looking at picking this one up, and am wondering how it supports 2 players. Is it a co-op play, or does one side take the bag guys? Checking web sites I can't find any description of mutliplayer, but one site does list it as supporting 2 player play.

Thanks in advance.
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 06:38:09 PM »

You can check out this thread

or

this two page thread  about the game.

hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 06:51:54 PM »

Thanks.  Found a mention that it is 2 player co-op, anyone actually try it yet?
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 07:47:59 PM »

I haven't tried it, but the way it works is that each player controls 3 of the 6 player characters while walking around and in battle.

As for the game, I'm really enjoying it.  It's a traditional console-style RPG, and very similar to Final Fantasy X, but the production values are very high, and they made great use of the license.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 09:15:06 PM »

After reading a detailed synopsis of the ludicrous endgame I'll be passing on this one for a good while.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 10:35:35 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
After reading a detailed synopsis of the ludicrous endgame I'll be passing on this one for a good while.
Please link this synopsis!

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 01:36:04 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

Lum's post from 10:06 am on the 8th:

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14742
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 01:44:26 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

Lum's post from 10:06 am on the 8th:

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14742
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's even funnier than FFX's Heavy-Metal-Blaring ending.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 01:13:20 PM »

I put about 20 hours into LotR:  TTA.  I'll give the game this; they captured the LotR atmosphere perfectly.  The graphics, the character models, the armor, the enemies, the music...all of them were perfect.  But the laughable lack of story killed this game for me.  Honestly, you end up fighting the exact same enemies over and over and over again, with little or no story as an incentive to keep playing.  After reading about that joke of an ending, I decided to take it back while I the trade in value was good.  It's fun for a rental, but I wouldn't really recommend buying it.

BTW, the longer I played it, the more irritated I became with the comparison to FFX.  FFX was a great game because of it's story and characters, not it's friggin battle system.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 06:35:27 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
 After reading about that joke of an ending, I decided to take it back while I the trade in value was good.

Word.  I came to the same conclusion after only about 3 hours of play.  There are so many things I didn't like about this game.  Hoping I can get at least $30 on a trade in for it.

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 10:57:11 PM »

Quote from: "Redfive"
Quote from: "Gratch"
 After reading about that joke of an ending, I decided to take it back while I the trade in value was good.

Word.  I came to the same conclusion after only about 3 hours of play.  There are so many things I didn't like about this game.  Hoping I can get at least $30 on a trade in for it.

The ending didn't really bother me any. All games of this type end anti-climatically.  Never had one yet that I liked the fact it ended, other than being relived I don't have to fight anymore.  biggrin  I thought the game was a lot of fun. Took me about 60 hours to finish on average difficulty. Fighting alongside Aragorn, Faramir, Eaowyn etc.... is worth the price of admission alone.  Feels like you are all those places in the movie and that is most of the fun, if that doesn't draw you in, you aren't capable of being drawn in. The worst battle for me was near the end where you had to fight 2 of those giant elephant things at once. Very hard. They have an attack that is death. Just have to keep trying till they don't use it.  Took me twice.  Evil mode is a waste of time because in order to defeat the evils you have to rely on them being random and not doing the best thing, attacking the worst character at the best time. However, with you playing them there is no mistakes and you will easily win.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: