http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 08:35:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LotR: Battle for Middle Earth question  (Read 1463 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2004, 05:18:14 PM »

Long shot here, but does anyone know if you can launch multiple games from one CD for LAN games?

The reason I ask is my wife and I have been playing the Age series of games (now on Mythology) for many years and would love to move on. But I just can't see buying two copies when I have my doubts about the game in the first place.

LiveTAG: happydog
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 06:57:05 PM »

Well if ya cant, try a no cd patch. Usually works like a charm.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 07:24:09 PM »

I was hoping for the more 'moral' route. I will probably wait for a demo if it won't support it out of the box.

TorpidSloth
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 03:04:25 AM »

Saw a post over at octopusoverlords quoting the system requirements that states one set of discs (or one DVD) per PC in a multiplyer setting. I can't find confirmation at the EA website or on gogamer.com, but I'd trust the post.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 03:26:35 PM »

Well, isn't it immoral to pay $100 for a copy of the same for use in the same household?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 04:00:59 PM »

No it isn't. If the developer wants me to purchase two copies of the game in order to play with a family member that is their right. It isn't my right to circumvent the protection in order to play. In this case they probably lost a sale, not gained a secondary one from me.

JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 04:40:34 PM »

And that will make you unhappydog.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 07:25:42 PM »

Quote from: "JayG"
And that will make you unhappydog.

LOL!  :lol:
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 07:35:31 PM »

lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 03:50:05 PM »

If you purchased a board game, then multiple people would use it at the same time.  Every person doesn't have to buy it.  If there was a way to copy/reproduce it and you gave to it every friend, then that would be wrong obviously...but to have the friends overs to play it together would be appropriate.  I feel the same way about software games.  If you two use it together at home, then it's silly to purchase two.  The only glitch is online gaming.  My wife and I had to purchase 2 copies of City of Heroes.  To each their own I guess.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 04:57:11 PM »

Yeah, I personally think all games should allow installs across multiple PC's. If they wanted to keep you from pirating it, they could just make it so the only thing you could do is plan LAN games or something. I don't know.

I just know I used to invite people over and we'd play starcraft over the 3 PC network in my house. I only had one copy of the game, but since Brood War was out, I had just made copies of that disk to install on my other machines. It was awesome having my own mini-lan party that was setup all the time.

Those days are gone. I haven't been able to do that with a game in a while now. Even UT2k4 didn't want to let me do it.

The thing was, it was always a cool way to get people I knew that hadn't previously played PC games into the whole thing.  Like for instance.. right now I'd really like to be able to open up Steam on the other PC, install CS, and then play LAN games between the two machines. But steam pretty much tells me I'm retarded when I try to run CS on the second machine while my main one is already logged in. Pretty damned annoying, especially considering I should technically be considered as owning two copies of the original Half-Life.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: