http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:38:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LotR: Battle for Middle Earth - First Impressions  (Read 12015 times)
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2004, 09:39:32 PM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"
Hmmm...

Also playing at 1280x960 graphics maxed, 4AA and 8AF.  AMD 3200+, 9800 Pro, 1 gig RAM, Audigy 2 ZS, 4.12 Cats.

The part where Gandalf fights the demon in the Mines is horrendous on my system.  It will slow down to 1-2 FPS, then speed up, then slow down again when using powers.

Hmm. Does the slowdown start when he uses his powers? For me, I was having a screen blackout when Gandalf used his powers, but I was trying out overclocking my 6800. When I turned off OC'ing... everything went normal.

Also you might try disabling AA/AF if those are enabled, to see if that fixes it.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2004, 10:28:52 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"

Also you might try disabling AA/AF if those are enabled, to see if that fixes it.

May I add that with my setup, I don't use AA or AF.  I have them both set to application controlled.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2004, 10:54:54 PM »

I'll give that a shot guys.  Yes, it's usually when the characters are using powers or when the shit really hits the fan.
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2005, 09:08:44 PM »

Off-topic, with no opinion on the matter:  Actually, it was the US who made Hasselhoff a TV star.  Germany made him a music star.  Regarding Freedom Fries, that was an unfortunate joke in the US that followed on the heels of the disagreement between the two countries on the war in Iraq (no comment either way on that in this post).  But, to some extent, there has always been a slight strain between the two cultures, as allied as we are.  Here in New York City, you won't ever see any mention of "Freedom Fries" except as a joke.  And, in traveling throughout the US on business I have never seen French Fries renamed on any menus as "Freedom Fries".
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: