http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:51:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost in Blue  (Read 1243 times)
Velvet Elvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2005, 07:41:04 PM »

Any word on this title?  I'm thinking of grabbing it after work and wouldn't mind some quick impressions if anyone else has played it.

I removed both the nasty picture and the warning in the thread title.  Thanks for giving everyone the heads up.  - warning
New Orleans Looter
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 07:43:53 PM »

Removed by warning
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 08:59:33 PM »

The 1up.com review is very cute and entertaining.  And he seems to hate the game.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 09:00:12 PM »

So, back to the topic...I`m debating on running to the mall and grabbing this. Any impressions?
Velvet Elvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 11:03:06 PM »

I went to 3 different stores and couldn't find it.  Most seemed to think they weren't getting it until the 30th.

That 1up.com review is pretty damn funny.  Maybe it's a good thing I couldn't find it.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 03:54:01 PM »

Here is what I posted at OO:

I love the game. I played it for a couple of hours last night and I know I love a game when I have to force myself to go to bed because I want to just play one more day. Now, I know this game is not for everyone. THis is for the types of people that think Harvest Moon is good fun. I loved Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral town on teh GBA, for instance and I have really been enjoying this game. I got to a part of the game where I have fleshed out my cave a little more and I am starting to see how the game can open up and offer more.

The beginning can be tough. In fact, I died the first day because I couldn't find any bark to make my fire generating tool. It can be a very big challenge to get you levels of water, food, and energy up. Especially when your tools break and you don't have a lot of energy to go out and look for more items to rebuild it. However, I think this stuff is great and you really feel like you are trying to survive on this island.

The reviews haven't been that great, tending to be mid-7s, but I really think this type of game has to be your thing in order to enjoy it. So, I think if you like Harvest Moon, you can bump the score up some.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 07:02:07 PM »

Really looking into grabbing this one...Any updated impressions?  Or does anyone own it who HATES IT and wants to trade or something?

TheMissingLink on PSN
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 07:04:29 PM »

http://www.gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=477
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 12:28:02 AM »

Actually the wife and I played it for a bit, and it just got boring, not in a good sense, there is almost Nothing to do on the island, and once you have to play the game ICO style it all falls apart. Great premise, but they miss the follow through.

Get it when it comes down cheap.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 08:39:41 AM »

I played it and finished it.  I enjoyed it, though I can see how it would not be everyone's cup of tea.  I think if you like games like Harvest Moon, where you perform daily tasks, it would be likable for you.  If you don't enjoy that kind of thing, it would probably be boring.  It has no replay value, though, so after beating it, I don't think I will be going back.  In fact, you get to play the story from the girl's side after you beat it as the boy and all the girl really does is sit around waiting for the boy to bring food back to cook.  I stopped playing it right there, though it also had a lot to do with Castlevania coming out.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: