http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 04:57:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a quality VGA video switcher  (Read 828 times)
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2004, 10:18:38 PM »

I tried doing a search for this but didn't turn anything up.

I have a retail Xbox at my desk at work.  Usually during lunch I'll hook it up to my second monitor and do some gaming.  I have an X2VGA that I use to  hook it up.  

The problem is that every time I want to do this I have to crawl down under my desk, detach the cable from my computer, thread it through the tangle of wires down there, and hook it up to the x2vga.  I tried buying a cheap VGA switch from buy.com but as soon as I could hook it up I could see that the image from my computer was way blurry, almost unreadable.  

So does anyone have a recommendation for a VGA switch that won't degrade the signal quality so much?  Thanks.
JR
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 12:26:32 AM »

I'll warn you in advance I'm not going to be much help to you.  However, the reason I'm replying is I too have been looking to get something to hook up my xbox to a moniter.  Checking out various reviews and such, I think I am going to get the VDigi Electronics Enhanced VD-Z3.  It comes with a built in switch, but I doubt you'd want a whole new VGA transcoder just for the switch.  Anyone have any experience with this product?
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 12:30:52 AM »

Would a regular KVM switch work?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 03:22:26 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Would a regular KVM switch work?
I suppose it could, though I was just wondering if anyone used or could recommend a specific product that had good video quality on both ends.  I tried the switch box as I said, thinking it would be a pretty simple thing to just switch the video signal from one input to the next, but apparently it's difficult enough that the quality variance was immediately evident.  

JR - I'd recommend the X2VGA if you're just looking to hook up an Xbox to a monitor.  You have to order them from Hong Kong but I had no difficulties.  

And wouldn't you know it, it looks like they're building in their own switch right into the hardware on the newer versions.  Bastards!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 07:50:45 PM »

I second the recommendation for the X2VGA, but I can't say I know of any quality switches.  I basically ran into the same problem, and didn't want to bother trying to test out different ones.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: