http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 02:00:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Rep  (Read 823 times)
papasmurff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:17:46 PM »

I am confused.  I looked at my rep today just to see what is was and I only have a 78% !!!!!  What affect does Rep have on anything if at all?

The 2 reasons given are language and unsporting behavior.  Language I am fine with, I signed up in the underground level thing for that reason(which I found doesn't matter).  But unsporting behavior has me at a loss.....  I always play fair and don't do anything stupid like superjump in halo or hide in walls or any of that stuff.....  I have played with several GTers and no one has ever commented on my play behavior and well I think I am a stand up competitor.  So I am asking for any comments at all.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 07:35:28 PM »

I've been knocked for aggressive behavior or something like that. Apparently the person I was playing PGR3 against didn't take notice of my gamer motto (Brakes?).

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »

Lol, But does it do anything to your account or just keep people from being matched with you?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 07:45:24 PM »

i dont think it does count for anything,i have 77% and still have 5 stars

i get bad rep for swearing mainly on call of duty2...but its sad to see that i get bad rep for quitting games early,i only do that if the game is laggy...and also there are people out there that give bad reps just for the fun of it,so it shouldnt count for anything

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 08:00:23 PM »

I don't think it counts for anything, except to give you a heads-up when you join someone online.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:03:22 PM »

I'm actually at around 66%, and I haven't done anything negative at all. In fact, when I play with strangers, I don't even use my headset. Almost all of my negative feedback came when I used to play Street Fighter II a lot, and angry opponents who I had just beaten would rate me poorly. It's annoying, but I guess I can't do anything about it. I definitely prefer to play with people I know. Unfortunately, if you want a quick game of SFII, you pretty much have to play how you can get.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 08:08:54 PM »

Where exactly can you find this?  I'm looking on xboxlive.com and can't see my rating for the life of me (5 stars but no percentages)...  I've not gone online all that much with random people, so I suspect I'm just wherever you start out...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »

I don't remember the percentage I'm at, but I have a rating for unsportsmanlike play.  I'm pretty sure it came from the guy that I killed 2 out of 3 encounters in a game of BF2.  He left the server right after the 3rd fight, and then proceeded to send me a one word message calling me a name.

<shrug>  Apparently playing well is punished as unsportsmanlike.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 09:32:06 PM »

Go on the consol to the gamer profile and go to view rep

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 09:35:58 PM »

For some reason I have a 75% with a couple of people docking me for language. saywhat I make it a personal mission to NOT curse on XBL, so whatever these people are complaining about is a mystery to me.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 10:02:58 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on October 31, 2006, 09:28:07 PM

<shrug>  Apparently playing well is punished as unsportsmanlike.

If that were the case my rep would be spotless. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 03:34:41 AM »

Quote from: jblank on October 31, 2006, 09:35:58 PM

For some reason I have a 75% with a couple of people docking me for language. saywhat I make it a personal mission to NOT curse on XBL, so whatever these people are complaining about is a mystery to me.

Not enough cursing?
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 04:59:18 AM »

Quote from: jblank on October 31, 2006, 09:35:58 PM

Most of the time it's probably idiots you beat in a sports game or something.  People hate to lose so much that they will report false feedback against you just to make themselves feel better.  I've had 5 different games of NBA 2K7 where I won the game with straight up play only to have the other guy say I was unsporting or used exploits.  One game went down to the wire and it was really a great game.  I hit a 3 pointer with .02 seconds on the clock to win by one and the guy said I abused exploits.

It sucks that your gaming rep might be in the hands of some foul talking, Mountain Dew infused 13 year old punk, but that's the way it is.  nod
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on October 31, 2006, 09:32:06 PM

Go on the consol to the gamer profile and go to view rep

Thanks!  I found that spot last night, and my rep is -- to be determined.  My wireless router wasn't responding and I wasn't curious enough to go fix it to find out...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: