http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 04:21:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Arcade Title for 2/21 is.....  (Read 2848 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »

Finally, now that they have the two "retro" games out of the way, we get to the good stuff, right?

WRONG!

This week we get NOTHING!  tear

Yay. Thanks, Microsoft.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:07:17 PM »

Come on MS, give us good stuff frown
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »

Dang, I should have checked the Live Arcade Forcast for the week...

http://soapbox.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=7953c8b2-d928-4b21-b629-c713228de438

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »

C'mon already, I wanna settle me some catans.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 02:19:30 PM »

If you're going to continue flailing at this deadhorse, the least you can do is give us a new picture for it.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »

It's kinda like the Wayans Brothers: you can be guaranteed that the same thing that might once have been funny will be run into the ground until it's wholly unrecognizable.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on February 20, 2007, 02:19:30 PM

If you're going to continue flailing at this deadhorse, the least you can do is give us a new picture for it.

Deadhorse? I'm listing what is out each week for each platform. MS continues to bring the suck for Live Arcade. When MS decides to get on the ball, then I will praise them for it.

Ok, how is this for new pictures.

Shots of the MS Arcade Team hard at work on the next Live Arcade release!!!  slywink

This guy is being discussed as the new Live Arcade Mascot smile

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:33:30 PM by Hetz » Logged

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 20, 2007, 02:28:45 PM

The first pic looks like three Sony forum plants waiting for their comp check.

--Devil
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 02:39:32 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on February 20, 2007, 02:35:57 PM

Quote from: Hetz on February 20, 2007, 02:28:45 PM

The first pic looks like three Sony forum plants waiting for their comp check.

Rather bitter, aren't you?

I don't blame you. I'm upset at the release schedule as well. Heck, they were playing Alien Hominid on On the Spot at Gamespot last week. Why is that not out this week? It was working perfectly. It's all ready to go. What is the holdup? I just want MS to release some decent content for Live Arcade. There is only so many times I can play Heavy Weapon....

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 02:43:38 PM »

Hetz,
It seems like you are spinning Live Arcade differently than Sony's online service.  For example you mentioned Tekken on 2/15 and today in Sony's thread.  But it doesn't actually come out until next week.  Also you mentioned the Full Auto 2 demo in last weeks's Sony thread.  You seem to be (justifiably) hard on Microsoft, but you seem to be giving Sony a pass.  I don't think it is necessary to post a thread about what Live title is available if there isn't one available.  It seems kind of petty to me.

Just my opinion.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 02:48:39 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 20, 2007, 02:43:38 PM

Hetz,
It seems like you are spinning Live Arcade differently than Sony's online service.  For example you mentioned Tekken on 2/15 and today in Sony's thread.  But it doesn't actually come out until next week.  Also you mentioned the Full Auto 2 demo in last weeks's Sony thread.  You seem to be (justifiably) hard on Microsoft, but you seem to be giving Sony a pass.  I don't think it is necessary to post a thread about what Live title is available if there isn't one available.  It seems kind of petty to me.

Just my opinion.

One service as been around for 2 months. The other has been around for more than a year. I am cutting Sony more slack, cause well, they have not had a year under their belts and are releasing crap. As for Tekken, I would put what MS was having out next week, but they never say until the day beforehand, so it's kind of tough.

Anyway, Sony has FLOW and Q*Bert out this week. OMG, 2 games! When has MS done that? Never.  icon_wink

Live Arcade has 0 games out this week. Which, sadly, is par for the course for them. They have had periods of up to 2 months without games. It's simply absurd. For how good their "online service" is, the Live Arcade sure stinks. They are only just now getting rid of the stupid 50MB limit. I mean, come on.

Fine though, if people only want to hear positive news about MS here, I will not post what is out (or not out) on Live Arcade each week anymore.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 02:54:13 PM by Hetz » Logged

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »

It baffles me why some of the folks that are the biggest critics of the XBLA releases, continue to buy the games that Microsoft releases. You would think that if they REALLY were upset over the state of releases, they would send a message and not buy Root Beer Tapper, etc, OR, just play some of the great releases that are out this week, and coming soon.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 20, 2007, 02:56:28 PM

It baffles me why some of the folks that are the biggest critics of the XBLA releases, continue to buy the games that Microsoft releases. You would think that if they REALLY were upset over the state of releases, they would send a message and not buy Root Beer Tapper, etc, OR, just play some of the great releases that are out this week, and coming soon.

Maybe because those people have other people in their household besides themselves that may like some of these releases? I don't know. Just a guess.

I will be playing Crackdown this week. I can't wait for it.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 03:01:34 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 20, 2007, 02:59:21 PM

Maybe because those people have other people in their household besides themselves that may like some of these releases? I don't know. Just a guess.

If that is in fact true, maybe some of those people should put their foot down and say "No!", rather than supporting something they appear to be angered by.

I have decided to buy Crackdown as well, should be a good game.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 20, 2007, 03:01:34 PM

If that is in fact true, maybe some of those people should put their foot down and say "No!", rather than supporting something they appear to be angered by.

Well, maybe they don't feel like telling the other people what they can or can't spend their money on? This person will not personally buy any of this, but if others want to buy it, who are they to forbid it? Maybe if they tried that, the said person may have to sleep on the couch for the next week...   icon_smile

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 03:07:44 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 20, 2007, 02:39:32 PM

Rather bitter, aren't you?

I don't blame you. I'm upset at the release schedule as well. Heck, they were playing Alien Hominid on On the Spot at Gamespot last week. Why is that not out this week? It was working perfectly. It's all ready to go. What is the holdup? I just want MS to release some decent content for Live Arcade. There is only so many times I can play Heavy Weapon....

Not bitter. Just responding to your photo fodder.

In my opinion, MS has released some highly entertaining XBLA titles over the past month. In your opinion, they have not. I love playing Paperboy and am glad it is available. If I do not like an XBLA title, I do not buy it.

--Devil
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 03:09:01 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 20, 2007, 02:43:38 PM

I don't think it is necessary to post a thread about what Live title is available if there isn't one available.  It seems kind of petty to me.

In fairness, Microsoft is the one who claimed there would be a new release every week.  As over-grumbly as Hetz may be, I do think it's fair to make this post when there isn't a release.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 20, 2007, 03:05:18 PM

Quote from: jblank on February 20, 2007, 03:01:34 PM

Well, maybe they don't feel like telling the other people what they can or can't spend their money on? This person will not personally buy any of this, but if others want to buy it, who are they to forbid it? Maybe if they tried that, the said person may have to sleep on the couch for the next week...   icon_smile

If you say so, that fine, not a big deal.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 03:12:34 PM »

eventually they'll release something that I want to spend points on.  Catan may be the one unless the Vegas map pack comes out first.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »

Quote from: fyedaddy on February 20, 2007, 03:07:44 PM

In your opinion, they have not. I love playing Paperboy and am glad it is available. If I do not like an XBLA title, I do not buy it.
Apparently Hetz found Paperboy worth purchasing... yet he continues to bitch.  And where's the response to Sony's big announcement last week at DICE?  Not Killzone 2, but "Super Rub-A-Dub".  But no - not a peep.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:22:09 PM by Laner » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 03:23:42 PM »

Guys, hetz bitches about PSN when the offerings suck too. And frankly, he is right. MS is dropping the ball on Live Arcade now, not releasing every week, giving us poopy titles for the last month or so, and delaying the real gems that they have promised, and I am an avowed XBox apologist. Obviously Hetz sometimes swings one way or another, but it might be time to cut him some slack. He is truthfully pointing out that there is NO release this week. So...ok? Are his facts wrong?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 20, 2007, 03:23:42 PM

Guys, hetz bitches about PSN when the offerings suck too.
He does?  Let's see, there's a post just below this one he started about Qbert and Flow - but no snarky commentary about getting a warmed over flash game and an ancient arcade title. 

Look, it is lame that there's no XBLA title this week - and anyone would be justified in being a little miffed about it.  But when we get the same song and dance week in and week out, but *only* directed at the XBLA and not the competitors (less than stellar) offerings, it stinks of fanboyism.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:26:58 PM by Laner » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »

where the hell is double dragon,it was reviewed 2 months ago,it looked pretty cool and got 7/10

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »

Quote from: Laner on February 20, 2007, 03:20:10 PM

Quote from: fyedaddy on February 20, 2007, 03:07:44 PM

In your opinion, they have not. I love playing Paperboy and am glad it is available. If I do not like an XBLA title, I do not buy it.
Apparently Hetz found Paperboy worth purchasing... yet he continues to bitch.  And where's the response to Sony's big announcement last week at DICE?  Not Killzone 2, but "Super Rub-A-Dub".  But no - not a peep.

Didn't you read the posts above? I didn't purchase it.

As for 'Super Rub-A-Dub" when that comes out as a lone offering on PSN, I will complain about that. For now though, they released Q*Bert and FLOW. Yes, two titles. Why would I bitch about that, especially when Flow looks fun?

If Live Arcade released two titles this week (or any week), even if one sucked, I would be happy as a clam. Heck, I would be happy with just one original game off that original list of 10 games at this point. I would jump for joy!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:33:24 PM by Hetz » Logged

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 20, 2007, 03:26:29 PM

where the hell is double dragon,it was reviewed 2 months ago,it looked pretty cool and got 7/10

Stuck in Xbox Live Arcade purgatory....along with many other games.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 03:31:41 PM »

I think Sony would be envious of the milage Hetz has gotten out of Tekken.  He talked about it when it came out in Japan a few weeks ago.  He mentioned it in his Sony downloads post last week.  He mentions it in this weeks post.  And I am sure he will gush about it next week too.  I never said he was wrong to criticize Microsoft over XBLA.  He is quick to point out XBLA's faults.  Meanwhile Sony doesn't have anyting coming out except for a demo.  But Tekken comes out in 2 weeks !!!I just think his double standard smells of fanboyism.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:37:04 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 03:36:18 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on February 20, 2007, 03:31:41 PM

I think Sony would be envious of the miage Hetz has gotten out of Tekken.  He talked about it when it came out in Japan a few weeks ago.  He mentioned it in his Sony downloads post last week.  He mentions it in this weeks post.  And I am sure he will gush about it next week too.  I never said he was wrong to criticize Microsoft over XBLA.  I just think his double standard smells of fanboyism.

I would do the EXACT same if MS would let people know when Castlevania or Alien Hominid was out.

They don't though, so I can't.

As for Tekken, I talked about it when I purchased it. Is that not ok? I talked about it last week, when it was announced as coming out. Then this week, I talked about it in the post for this weeks offerings on PSN, saying that it was coming next Tuesday.

Please point me to the Live Arcade release date announcements? I can't seem to find them. If there were any, I would put that in my post up top.

As for last weeks PSN offrerings.:You forgot they also had a full game available....Destruction Derby.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:48:17 PM by Hetz » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »

Guys, hetz bitches about PSN when the offerings suck too. And frankly, he is right. MS is dropping the ball on Live Arcade now, not releasing every week, giving us poopy titles for the last month or so, and delaying the real gems that they have promised, and I am an avowed XBox apologist. Obviously Hetz sometimes swings one way or another, but it might be time to cut him some slack. He is truthfully pointing out that there is NO release this week. So...ok? Are his facts wrong?

No, they aren't wrong, but WHO CARES?????? The problem, if you can call it that, that I have, is that XBLA is small potatoes, it is not the be all end all of the XBOX 360, and as such, it should be treated as such. So they don't have a release? Big deal, we've got two very good titles (NBA Street and Crackdown) that people should play. Maybe they thought the XBLA game would be overshadowed by those games, AND, the Halo 3 Beta.

I'm not attacking anyone, I could give two shits about some peoples opinions on the Arcade, but it gets old seeing the constant harping on this, especially when there are so many other things to play.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 03:58:04 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 20, 2007, 03:52:38 PM

No, they aren't wrong, but WHO CARES?????? The problem, if you can call it that, that I have, is that XBLA is small potatoes, it is not the be all end all of the XBOX 360, and as such, it should be treated as such. So they don't have a release? Big deal, we've got two very good titles (NBA Street and Crackdown) that people should play. Maybe they thought the XBLA game would be overshadowed by those games, AND, the Halo 3 Beta.

I'm not attacking anyone, I could give two shits about some peoples opinions on the Arcade, but it gets old seeing the constant harping on this, especially when there are so many other things to play.

Well sure, I understand your point, but I just think its better to ignore it at this point even if it gets under your skin. Thats all Im saying J smile
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 04:02:55 PM »

Considering the variety of titles on XBLA, and the fact that it's targetted at a mixture of gamers to broaden the demographics, I don't understand why you rag on XBLA all the time, Hetz.

So you don't like the recent games? Big deal. Not every game is targetted at you.
So you don't like that sometimes they don't release a game very week? Big deal. Show me where MS ever promised that there'd be a new XBLA title every week for all of time.

I honestly don't see how Sony's service has been better. Most of their "big" releases have basically been demos (Gran Turismo HD, anyone?) which are released fairly often on the 360 as well, just not as part of the XBLA service (demos and Live Arcade are kept separate in the Marketplace). Listing them as part of Sony's "success" is a double-standard.

The recent Tekken title is a great one, and it's awesome to see Sony deliver that. Have they done that ever week since the PS3 launched? Have they even done that every week since New Year's? Are they going to continue showering us with such top-notch content regularly?  I doubt it. My expectations from both services are more realistic. There'll be periods when both the 360 and the PS3 have great stuff coming out on their respective online marketplaces, and periods when they have either less frequent offerings or ones that appeal less to me. *shrugs* But I'm not going to trot out the same tired "zing"s like clockwork just to stir people up for no reason.

You want to know why people are so annoyed in these threads, man? These things I've pointed out are some of the reasons why. There's nothing wrong with expressing disappointment that the latest XBLA releases don't appeal to you. Heck, I've been getting really annoyed that Worms is still not released. And if Symphony of the Night is supposed to still meet its February release, there's only one more week available for it. I'll be disappointed if they fail to meet that too.

I know you've expressed before that you just don't see where our complaints have merit when this general argument about the way the system war debate is being handled pops up, and unfortunately I don't know how to explain to you what you are simply unable to see.

All I can say is that it might help to pay closer attention to how others are debating these things in a more laid-back fashion. Criticism of the PS3 =/= bashing. Likewise, praise of the 360 =/= fanboyism. The inverse of these things is true as well.

Yes, this could've been a PM, but this isn't a personal attack (at least, I don't think it is, and it's certainly not meant to be), and I think that it would be worthwhile to put the brakes on the argument getting out of hand in this thread, which I'm hoping that stepping back and presenting this in a polite fashion will do. We all have good things to offer to the conversation, and I'd rather everyone participate in these threads. But even I get put off pretty badly at times by the way these things are presented, and I try not to present my own views in such a fashion. Stemming the tide of flame wars would be a good thing, I think.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 04:03:18 PM »

Maybe they thought the XBLA game would be overshadowed by those games, AND, the Halo 3 Beta.

FWIW, Halo 3 Beta isn't out this week- it's "late spring" which probably means we're looking at a May timeframe. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 04:06:10 PM »

I've been playing the Gaming Trend drinking game, and if jblank and Hetz keep this up my liver is going to give out by the end of the day.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 04:25:32 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on February 20, 2007, 03:58:04 PM

Well sure, I understand your point, but I just think its better to ignore it at this point even if it gets under your skin. Thats all Im saying J smile

It's not that it gets under my skin anymore, it doesn't, and thats why I said I don't care about someones opinion on something so trivial as XBLA releases, but after the 3rd time or so, this gets to be a bit old and unnecessary, and it seems as though every week more and more people agree. Frankly, I think it serves no purpose other than to stir the pot a bit, but maybe thats intentional.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 04:26:28 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 20, 2007, 04:03:18 PM

Maybe they thought the XBLA game would be overshadowed by those games, AND, the Halo 3 Beta.

FWIW, Halo 3 Beta isn't out this week- it's "late spring" which probably means we're looking at a May timeframe. 

So the stuff I just got with my Crackdown game isn't the actual game yet? Ok, I was misinformed then.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 20, 2007, 04:26:28 PM

So the stuff I just got with my Crackdown game isn't the actual game yet? Ok, I was misinformed then.

Yeah, it just gives you access to the beta when it goes live, but that isn't planned for a while yet. 
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 04:28:04 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on February 20, 2007, 04:06:10 PM

I've been playing the Gaming Trend drinking game, and if jblank and Hetz keep this up my liver is going to give out by the end of the day.

Ah, I'm not arguing with him, I am done with that. He has his opinion on this and while I don't agree with it, or think it is a fair one, he has his right to have it. Like I said, this whole XBLA thing is small potatoes, nobody here is pissed from what I can tell.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 20, 2007, 04:27:14 PM

Yeah, it just gives you access to the beta when it goes live, but that isn't planned for a while yet. 

Thanks for telling me Kevin, you just saved me some serious disappointment.  thumbsup

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 04:29:41 PM »

Quote from: Farscry
All I can say is that it might help to pay closer attention to how others are debating these things in a more laid-back fashion.

Hell, yeah.

Hetz, the title of this thread and the way you worded your original post is just obnoxious. Not to Microsoft, to us.

How many times do how many people have to call you out (or temp-ban you) before you learn how to post without stirring shit up? It's not difficult.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 04:31:46 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 20, 2007, 04:28:38 PM

Thanks for telling me Kevin, you just saved me some serious disappointment.  thumbsup

Sure thing.  Just imagine how many disappointed people will be rushing out to buy the Crackdown demo expecting to play Halo 3 as soon as they get home...
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 20, 2007, 04:31:46 PM

Quote from: jblank on February 20, 2007, 04:28:38 PM

Sure thing.  Just imagine how many disappointed people will be rushing out to buy the Crackdown demo expecting to play Halo 3 as soon as they get home...

A lot probably. nod It's not the reason I bought Crackdown, but I have to confess I was anxious to see Halo 3. No biggie, Crackdown should be good.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: