http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 08:59:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Arcade Is Back This Week!  (Read 2269 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2007, 09:25:10 PM »

What game do they have for us for the big kick off of their new Live Arcade Wednesdays (after taking a couple weeks off) ?????? 

Which one of these games could it be?

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/01/30/540427.aspx

Yes, it's the one you all have been waiting for!!!!!! They are back and fully recharged from their break! It's.....

ALIEN HOMINID HD!!!

err no...

CASTLEVANIA: SOTN!!!!

oops not that either....

WORMS HD!!!

uhhh....oh wait this is it....

ROOT BEER TAPPER!!!

Yay. They couldn't even give us the original version, instead we get to have 'Root Beer' Tapper.

I think this calls for another:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:27:53 PM by Hetz » Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 09:30:45 PM »

please, for the love of god, tell me this means next weds will be catan / worms / sotn (AH i cant, for the life of me, remember - screenshots anyone?  its old neogeo / 3d0 / some other insane early 90s monstrosity that tanked, right?)
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:36:55 PM »

Roll Eyes
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 09:45:45 PM »

Give me Castlevania... or give me DEATH!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:57:10 PM »

Quote from: depward on February 05, 2007, 09:45:45 PM

Give me Castlevania... or give me DEATH!

Give me Castlevania...or I won't buy anything else! biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »

Root Beer Tapper?  That's kinda embarrassing.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on February 05, 2007, 09:30:45 PM

please, for the love of god, tell me this means next weds will be catan / worms / sotn (AH i cant, for the life of me, remember - screenshots anyone?  its old neogeo / 3d0 / some other insane early 90s monstrosity that tanked, right?)

It's actually a Gamecube/PS2 game.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »

Did you hear? Next week they have the thrilling... PAPERBOY! Yee-haw!

Either that or they need another week off now to recharge after all that hard work getting Tapper out the door...    icon_wink

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:47:32 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 05, 2007, 10:33:37 PM

Either that or they need another week off now to recharge after all that hard work getting Tapper out the door...    icon_wink

Man, you just really like being inflammatory.  None of these games are being developed in-house at Microsoft.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »

no! why must they dangle such cool games just an inch away...

oh and thanks for the screen shots hetz - to which i ask...

what the fu...?!?!?!
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 10:57:17 PM »

I played Alien Hominid on GC but didn't care for it that much frown  I love the style but it just wasn't a whole lot of fun after a while.  Wish they would hurry up with Castlevania.  Tapper would be great if it were free.  I actually dig the game as it's one of the first I ever played, but it's more akin to a flash time-waster game that I'd play on the web.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 12:03:17 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on February 05, 2007, 10:47:32 PM

Man, you just really like being inflammatory.  None of these games are being developed in-house at Microsoft.

Keep it to the games and don't make it personal, thanks. Show me how I am wrong by wowing me with what Live Arcade has this week, don't just say I am being inflammatory for bringing up, in my opinion, another poor showing for Live Arcade.

I know none of these are done in-house, but according to the developers, the major delays are nearly always due to MS wanting to have certain games out at certain times. That is fine, they are welcome to have whatever schedule they want, but they also need to understand that not everyone likes it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:07:00 AM by Hetz » Logged

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »

I think it's fine if they release what they want when they want, but I have to admit that Root Beer Tapper looks like an extremely lame release.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 12:47:29 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 06, 2007, 12:03:17 AM

Keep it to the games and don't make it personal, thanks. Show me how I am wrong by wowing me with what Live Arcade has this week, don't just say I am being inflammatory for bringing up, in my opinion, another poor showing for Live Arcade.

I know none of these are done in-house, but according to the developers, the major delays are nearly always due to MS wanting to have certain games out at certain times. That is fine, they are welcome to have whatever schedule they want, but they also need to understand that not everyone likes it.

I don't think he was making anything personal Hetz, just observing that you tend to go a little (which is an understatement) over the top with your criticism of Microsoft's 360 XBLA releases. I hesitate to say, "Fine, we get it", but damn dude, just find something else to play and don't sweat the little releases, after all, you KNOW they are going to get the good stuff out this year (we just hit February). To me, the lack of quality PS3 or Wii titles is the bigger issue, but you tend to hold Microsoft to a bit higher standard for some reason, or so it seems.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 12:57:44 AM »

MS is being a fucking tease with these releases. I know the good stuff is coming soon, so I get pissed when it isn't released. GIVE IT UP, MS! Please!

PSN ID: EduardoX
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »

Quote from: jblank on February 06, 2007, 12:47:29 AM

Quote from: Hetz on February 06, 2007, 12:03:17 AM

I don't think he was making anything personal Hetz, just observing that you tend to go a little (which is an understatement) over the top with your criticism of Microsoft's 360 XBLA releases. I hesitate to say, "Fine, we get it", but damn dude, just find something else to play and don't sweat the little releases, after all, you KNOW they are going to get the good stuff out this year (we just hit February). To me, the lack of quality PS3 or Wii titles is the bigger issue, but you tend to hold Microsoft to a bit higher standard for some reason, or so it seems.

Ummm....which system has been out for over a year now? I'm giving the Wii and PS3 a little slack, since they have been out oh....2 months or so. The 360 has had enough time to get their act together now. If Sony and Nintendo are doing this a year from now...I'll be all over them as well.

Oh and quality PS3 releases? How about VF5 that got a 10, 9.5 and 9.5 from EGM. Game of the Month. If that isn't a quality game, then I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:35:18 AM by Hetz » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 01:46:08 AM »

Dude, VF5 isn't even out yet, so lets see how the reviews stack up when it actually comes out. (not saying it's gonna suck, but 1 review does not make it the holy grail of gaming) Anyway, outside of these little rants, considering how much you play your 360, I think you know they have their "act together".

Like I have said to you about 84,000 times already, Live Arcade IS NOT the primary focus of Microsofts XBOX 360 strategy. You act as though it is all you play on it, but your realtime gamertag info tells a different story, so why not just don't sweat the small stuff, not bitch about Live Arcade every........single..........week, and move on to something at least marginally interesting. You start this stuff every week, and its just old now, we all know you wanna hit Microsoft at every chance, but sheesh man, you rail against everything they do it seems anymore, and blow the little things up to nuclear reguarly. So they don't release what you want, when you want it, big deal, they will come, I promise. Can't you at least see the logic in not releasing all the big titles right up front? Then what would you be left with?

If you wanna keep on keepin' on, thats your right, but personally, this horse has been beaten enough, and it's starting to come off as petty and provocational, from my perspective at least.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:49:05 AM by jblank » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 01:52:20 AM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on February 06, 2007, 12:57:44 AM

MS is being a fucking tease with these releases. I know the good stuff is coming soon, so I get pissed when it isn't released. GIVE IT UP, MS! Please!

And then what? Ok, so they release the "good stuff", then when that is exhausted, are you guys going to complain about the lack of great arcade releases? They have to spread these out a bit, no company releases all the "goods" in one giant swoop. For all the good Nintendo is doing with the Wii VC stuff, you know they have some great stuff they are holding back for the future. I don't see anyone raking them over the coals for the Metroids not being out.

Everyone just needs to be a little more patient, these aren't the make or breaks for console makers, they are an addition to a library of games, so lets quit viewing this as being on par with Halo or a new Mario being pushed back.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 01:56:58 AM »

Quote from: jblank on February 06, 2007, 01:46:08 AM

Dude, VF5 isn't even out yet, so lets see how the reviews stack up when it actually comes out. (not saying it's gonna suck, but 1 review does not make it the holy grail of gaming) Anyway, outside of these little rants, considering how much you play your 360, I think you know they have their "act together".

Like I have said to you about 84,000 times already, Live Arcade IS NOT the primary focus of Microsofts XBOX 360 strategy. You act as though it is all you play on it, but your realtime gamertag info tells a different story, so why not just don't sweat the small stuff, not bitch about Live Arcade every........single..........week, and move on to something at least marginally interesting. You start this stuff every week, and its just old now, we all know you wanna hit Microsoft at every chance, but sheesh man, you rail against everything they do it seems anymore, and blow the little things up to nuclear reguarly. So they don't release what you want, when you want it, big deal, they will come, I promise. Can't you at least see the logic in not releasing all the big titles right up front? Then what would you be left with?

If you wanna keep on keepin' on, thats your right, but personally, this horse has been beaten enough, and it's starting to come off as petty and provocational, from my perspective at least.

Yes, it is out. The game is out in Japan today. It has both English and Japanese on the disc and is the same as the USA version, which is out in 2 weeks. A couple people have it already on various forums and the impressions are quite positive. It also runs in 1080p! smile

I get it that you don't like it when I have anything negative to say about MS. Just don't click on the topic and everything will be fine. smile

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 01:58:11 AM »

They have to spread these out a bit, no company releases all the "goods" in one giant swoop.

heidi fleiss' company did, but then again it came at a steep price
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 02:17:57 AM »

Hetz you suck, I was so hoping this was a "Worms this week" thread. smile
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 02:18:43 AM »

Oh and you think I am the only one that thinks this way, jblank?

This is a travesty. They had some real gems to choose from (Worms, Catan, Castlevania). It has been since Small Arms that I bought XBLA game. Does Microsoft want my money? I am ready to buy when a good game comes out.

Of all the games on that list, this is the one I really didn't want to see getting released on Wednesday frown

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact you can play it for free on Midways homepage. I think I'll cry if Paperboy comes out next week as well, talk about hopes being dashed and stuff...

XBLA has been severely lacking these past couple months. Please stop porting these shallow games from the early eighties that only Greg Canessa and a few others care about.

I got myself all excited for Worms and Castlevania and Root Beer is coming first. I may pick this up at sometime later, but come on.....

I think some of the complaints are a little harsh, however, complaints are really justified here.

A list flauting major arcade releases such as Alien Hominid, Settlers of Catan, and Symphony of the Night then we're given Root Beer Tapper. Obviously the weakest link in the entire list. This isn't even Paperboy for pete's sake. How about stacking releases? I don't think many of us would complain about two retro releases in one week.

Why couldn't have this been released last week? Its a well known fact that these Midway releases have been done for a while. Zucker even commented that the games were expected to be done by Fall (Back in July on an interview the IGN), but were waiting for Microsoft to roll them out at their "timing right for all of us".

So why haven't they been rolling out when we were left high and dry?

this is a weak release... paperboy and this one should have come out together for 400 points...

See, I'm not the only one BY FAR.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 02:33:11 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 06, 2007, 01:56:58 AM

Yes, it is out. The game is out in Japan today. It has both English and Japanese on the disc and is the same as the USA version, which is out in 2 weeks. A couple people have it already on various forums and the impressions are quite positive. It also runs in 1080p! smile

I get it that you don't like it when I have anything negative to say about MS. Just don't click on the topic and everything will be fine. smile

Thats a load and you know it is. I have been critical of Microsoft on dozens of occasions, dating back years, and that is on record for anyone to look up here, or at OO. Please, DO NOT LIE ABOUT MY BELIEFS!!!!! You do it CONSTANTLY and it is getting as old as these XBLA slam sessions you give us. Don't start back down this road, I thought all our issues were settled..........

Anyway, so, VF5 is good, now, go buy it from Japan, paying out the wazoo for it in the process, and play it so you can quit with these slamming threads.

I could turn this back around and say, "stop posting what amounts to the same thread on a weekly basis", then, we wouldn't have these conversations. Your opinion is duly noted, we know your opinion, we know what you think, now, exercise some restraint, get some patience, and play some great games on those 3 consoles you own, then, before you know it, what you want will be out.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:58:13 AM by jblank » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 02:36:43 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 06, 2007, 02:18:43 AM

Oh and you think I am the only one that thinks this way, jblank?

This is a travesty. They had some real gems to choose from (Worms, Catan, Castlevania). It has been since Small Arms that I bought XBLA game. Does Microsoft want my money? I am ready to buy when a good game comes out.

Of all the games on that list, this is the one I really didn't want to see getting released on Wednesday frown

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact you can play it for free on Midways homepage. I think I'll cry if Paperboy comes out next week as well, talk about hopes being dashed and stuff...

XBLA has been severely lacking these past couple months. Please stop porting these shallow games from the early eighties that only Greg Canessa and a few others care about.

I got myself all excited for Worms and Castlevania and Root Beer is coming first. I may pick this up at sometime later, but come on.....

I think some of the complaints are a little harsh, however, complaints are really justified here.

A list flauting major arcade releases such as Alien Hominid, Settlers of Catan, and Symphony of the Night then we're given Root Beer Tapper. Obviously the weakest link in the entire list. This isn't even Paperboy for pete's sake. How about stacking releases? I don't think many of us would complain about two retro releases in one week.

Why couldn't have this been released last week? Its a well known fact that these Midway releases have been done for a while. Zucker even commented that the games were expected to be done by Fall (Back in July on an interview the IGN), but were waiting for Microsoft to roll them out at their "timing right for all of us".

So why haven't they been rolling out when we were left high and dry?

this is a weak release... paperboy and this one should have come out together for 400 points...

See, I'm not the only one BY FAR.

And?????????? I can find 50 people on the Internet that believe in Sasquatch, doesn't mean it's out there.

So you found some other people whining about this, crying over spilt milk, and this proves what? Ya know, you don't HAVE to buy the games they put out, it's not mandatory, so save your money, let the subpar weeks go right on by, and go play that kick ass PS3. The games being done doesn't matter, games, films, and DVD's are often "strategically" timed to come out at certain times, and maybe thats what Microsoft is doing.

Anyway, this is small potatoes bro, small potatoes. Plenty of fantastic games out to play on all 3 consoles.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:39:30 AM by jblank » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 02:37:28 AM »

Quote from: Doopri on February 06, 2007, 01:58:11 AM

They have to spread these out a bit, no company releases all the "goods" in one giant swoop.

heidi fleiss' company did, but then again it came at a steep price

Nice. icon_lol

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 02:56:47 AM »

Quote from: jblank on February 06, 2007, 02:33:11 AM

Quote from: Hetz on February 06, 2007, 01:56:58 AM

Thats a load and you know it is. I have been critical of Microsoft on dozens of occasions, dating back years, and that is on record for anyone to look up here, or at OO. Please, DO NOT LIE ABOUT MY BELIEFS!!!!! You do it CONSTANTLY and it is getting as old as these XBLA slam sessions you give us. Don't start back down this road, I thought all our issues were settled..........

Anyway, whoopti do, VF5 is good, what relevance that has to XBLA I will never know, but anyway.........

I have no idea. You tell me. You brought the Ps3's lack of quality releases into this discussion....not me.

Anyway, I have been critical of MS on dozens of occasions. So? I have also praised them on dozens of occasions.You know once MS starts releasing something halfway worthwhile on XBLA, then the 'slam sessions' as you call them will stop.

Seriously though, if you are really upset about this, please don't click on the topic.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 03:04:22 AM »

No, you're not getting off that easy. I will continue to read these threads, and call you on this, because I think you are being quite unfair, and treating this like a major issue, when it isn't one. Many of us have adequately explained why companies do this with releases, but you don't seem willing to listen to those reasons, and then, we hit an impasse, and you make a new thread the very next week.

Reading your words, then mine, it seems like the only person upset, is the person that feels the need to constantly make a mountain out of a molehill. I just don't appreciate you lying about my beliefs on issues thats all, and I think threads like these only serve to reinforce the opinion that many people have, that you have an agenda against the 360. I know you don't, at least in private, because every time I turn my 360 on, you're playing yours, so despite what you say in here, I know you like the system. This whole XBLA thing just comes off as petty and makes it sound like you are just whipping Microsoft, and the 360, again, something you publicly do a lot.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:09:12 AM by jblank » Logged

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 03:13:43 AM »

Quote from: jblank on February 06, 2007, 03:04:22 AM

No, you're not getting off that easy. I will continue to read these posts, and call you on this, because I think you are being quite unfair, and treating this like a major issue, when it isn't one.

Reading your words, then mine, it seems like the only person upset, is the person that feels the need to constantly make a mountain out of a molehill. I just don't appreciate you lying about my beliefs on issues thats all, and I think threads like these only serve to reinforce the opinion that many people have, that you have an agenda against the 360. I know you don't, at least in private, because every time I turn my 360 on, you're playing yours, so despite what you say in here, I know you like the system. This whole XBLA thing just comes off as petty and makes it sound like you are just whipping Microsoft, and the 360, again, something you publicly do a lot.

Where did I EVER say in here that I didn't like the system? I like the system just fine. I do not like the XBLA game this week, or their 'schedule' for releasing them. That is all. That is what this topic is about.

Anyway....this all started with you asking why I hold MS to a higher standard (along with taking shots at the PS3/Wii and saying I go over-the-top, but that's fine). I explained why, they have been out over a year with the XBLA service, compared to less than 3 months with the PS Network and Wii Connect. That should have been the end of it.

Many of us have adequately explained why companies do this with releases, but you don't seem willing to listen to those reasons, and then, we hit an impasse, and you make a new thread the very next week.

Heh, you snuck this in on me....with the crafty edit.  icon_smile

No, I see you explaining it every week and lots of people agreeing with me. See above on this thread.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:16:04 AM by Hetz » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 03:18:40 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 06, 2007, 03:13:43 AM

Quote from: jblank on February 06, 2007, 03:04:22 AM

No, you're not getting off that easy. I will continue to read these posts, and call you on this, because I think you are being quite unfair, and treating this like a major issue, when it isn't one.

Where did I EVER say in here that I didn't like the system? I like the system just fine. I do not like the XBLA game this week, or their 'schedule' for releasing them. That is all. That is what this topic is about.

Anyway....this all started with you asking why I hold MS to a higher standard (along with taking shots at the PS3/Wii and saying I go over-the-top, but that's fine). I explained why, they have been out over a year with the XBLA service, compared to less than 3 months with the PS Network and Wii Connect. That should have been the end of it.

I never said you didn't like the system, but if someone came in here for the first time, saw the threads and posts you make on a daily basis, and had to make a judgement on whether you liked the 360 or not, I bet they would side on the "not" being the right answer. I didn't take shots at the PS3 and Wii (hell, I own a Wii for petes sake), I just think they are open to some criticism, as much as the 360 if you want my honest opinion, but I never hear you take them to task, or at least, not very often.

As I have said for the 5th time now, you just are going overboard on this and it gives ammo to the people that see you as someone blinded by the new systems and publicly "anti-360".

That "crafty edit" came about 5 minutes before you posted, please don't try and make me look like bad. You know why so many seem to be agreeing with you? It's because all the rest, that have been disagreeing with you, are tired of haggling with you over this, so they don't even bother anymore.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:21:35 AM by jblank » Logged

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 04:09:56 AM »

Is it okay to admit that I actually used to love Root Beer Tapper when I was a kid?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 04:14:20 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 06, 2007, 04:09:56 AM

Is it okay to admit that I actually used to love Root Beer Tapper when I was a kid?

Yeah, it's ok....if it's also ok that we all laugh at you!  icon_wink

Just kidding. I actually used to like Root Beer Tapper as a kid as well, though it hasn't held up that well, IMO, from playing it on MAME and on Midways site. WTH are they charging $5 for it on Live when you can play it for free on Midways site anyway? It seems like a very odd choice for a release.

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 04:28:17 AM »

Quote from: jblank on February 06, 2007, 01:52:20 AM

Quote from: Eduardo X on February 06, 2007, 12:57:44 AM

And then what? Ok, so they release the "good stuff", then when that is exhausted, are you guys going to complain about the lack of great arcade releases? They have to spread these out a bit, no company releases all the "goods" in one giant swoop.

The fundamental misunderstanding is that some people think that releases on XBLA are somehow qualitatively different than those in retail boxed media.  Games that aren't repackaged emulator ports (like the entire VC catalog) take development resources, test resources, marketing resources, and have to go through certification.  Just like games shipped to GameStop.  And, in fact, there's the extra effort of testing the methodology of delivery - the internal-only version of Xbox Live.

Ultimately, the third party companies commit to ship dates - just like games in retail boxed media.  It's disingenuous to suggest that anyone is "holding out" on the good games.  At most, the product planners space things out a week at a time to keep a regular rhythm of release.  The product planners and business development people also sign up a variety of companies to produce classic ports and new content.  But hitting dates is the responsibility of the company who developed the game.  Passing certification (presuming the rules are explicit and transparent to developers) is also the responsibility of the developer.

It's like car enthusiasts saying "Stupid Toyota - they're holding out on the 2010 model years!  They would win if they just released the 2010 cars already!"  Probably true - but certainly fallacious reasoning.

---

edited to remove name of individual forum member.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:56:18 AM by Brendan » Logged
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 04:30:10 AM »

As long as you issue the caveat that, as an adult, you definitely prefer Tapper.

Although, I'd probably rather have any brand of root beer than bud.
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 05:32:34 AM »

You can always vote with your wallet as well.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 06:45:20 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 05, 2007, 09:25:10 PM

What game do they have for us for the big kick off of their new Live Arcade Wednesdays (after taking a couple weeks off) ?????? 

Which one of these games could it be?

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/01/30/540427.aspx

Yes, it's the one you all have been waiting for!!!!!! They are back and fully recharged from their break! It's.....

ALIEN HOMINID HD!!!

err no...

CASTLEVANIA: SOTN!!!!

oops not that either....

WORMS HD!!!

uhhh....oh wait this is it....

ROOT BEER TAPPER!!!

Yay. They couldn't even give us the original version, instead we get to have 'Root Beer' Tapper.

I think this calls for another:

i hated that game when i was a kid,it was just one of those games that were a pain,and not really fun.....although i remember playing it a lot,so i dont know what that says about it..addicting?....anyway,okay bad game for xbla...but at least we get that cat picture again icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 05:25:31 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 06, 2007, 04:14:20 AM

Yeah, it's ok....if it's also ok that we all laugh at you!  icon_wink

Just kidding. I actually used to like Root Beer Tapper as a kid as well, though it hasn't held up that well, IMO, from playing it on MAME and on Midways site. WTH are they charging $5 for it on Live when you can play it for free on Midways site anyway? It seems like a very odd choice for a release.

Because on Midway's site, it doesn't have graphics updated for HD and widescreen and doesn't have multiplayer modes.  Is that enough to warrant a $5 purchase price?  It is for me so I'll be grabbing it for sure.  And it's another 'safe' game that my son can play so I'm actually pretty pleased about it - as I will be when Paperboy comes out.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 05:27:17 PM by markus » Logged
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 05:36:48 PM »

I'm definitely getting Paper Boy, used to love that game, and for a few hundred points, I will take a chance on it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: