http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 05:59:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LittleBigProblem  (Read 789 times)
Darren8r
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:34:19 PM »

Alright so I final got a PS3, blah, blah, blah. I really enjoy it, I love it.

I have been playing LBP ever since I purchased the system, I bought the game at the same time.
I have played online with people from all over the world and a few blocks down from me, and to the south.
Anyways, I can't connect online anymore. And neither can my co-worker who lives to the south.
We can't play online with each other or with anyone else in the world. And it sucks.

It was working fine and dandy up until 2 days ago, it just stopped working. I didn't change any of my settings on my router or my PS3 settings. I can go into Home, the Store, etc.
I can play NHL 10 online no problem, but LittleBigPlanet, not allowed.

Anyone know of any fixes?

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

I had the same problem last night.  I tried many, many times to log on, but never could.  Then I quit the game and started it again, and it worked fine.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:19:15 AM »

Quote from: Darren8r on September 26, 2009, 08:34:19 PM

Anyone know of any fixes?

just one: patience. if everything else is good, i'd write it off to lbp's sometimes 'quirky' on-line component...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:14:40 AM »

ps: if you still haven't gotten back on-line, you could always go here, & get your free norse mythology pack smile (it's pretty busy, but i managed to get one)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:17:52 AM »

Quote from: semiconscious on September 27, 2009, 05:14:40 AM

ps: if you still haven't gotten back on-line, you could always go here, & get your free norse mythology pack smile (it's pretty busy, but i managed to get one)...

i've been trying this and have received multiple different codes from the website that have all been called 'invalid' when i try to redeem them...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 09:13:47 AM »

What region is your PSN account? Those codes won't work if it's not a US account.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 02:31:09 PM »

Quote from: disarm on September 27, 2009, 05:17:52 AM

Quote from: semiconscious on September 27, 2009, 05:14:40 AM

i've been trying this and have received multiple different codes from the website that have all been called 'invalid' when i try to redeem them...

yeah, other people've been saying the same (i guess, after a bogus brutal legend code, i just got lucky). keep trying? - seems to be much more accessable now...

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »

Took me two tries to get the Norse pack, but it worked.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »

i finally got a code that worked after about a half dozen tries....only problem was that each try required using either a different computer, browser, or deleting the sites cookie so that you could actually get a new code.  they really messed up the system...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »

I went to the link on my Playstation internet browser and got it first try. Just copy and pasted with the on screen key board and done.

But problem now is, I just can't play with my one friend. I can play with everyone else in the world, but not this one guy.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »

Quote from: Darren8r on September 27, 2009, 11:18:15 PM

I went to the link on my Playstation internet browser and got it first try. Just copy and pasted with the on screen key board and done.

But problem now is, I just can't play with my one friend. I can play with everyone else in the world, but not this one guy.

I have no idea what you are all talking about, so this may well be a very stupid question, but:  can't your friend try doing what you did?

If not, the only other idea I have is the equivalent of restarting your PC when Vista did something goofy again. Rarely, we have a problem connecting to the "Net or to XBLive.  Since I'm no expert, I usually have to resort to the "restart" "Online Connection for Dummies" method.  Have him try turning off the router and waiting the appropriate amount of time before firing it up again.  I never can remember if it's 10 seconds or 1 minute, so I usually just take a short break before going back.  It needs doing only rarely, but sometimes that's all that's required to fix one of those mystery problems.

Good Luck!

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: