http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 07:02:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lines Already Forming for XB360  (Read 7959 times)
Sparhawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2005, 07:22:38 PM »

Well, if you're one of the idiots who ordered from RitzCameras.com don't be surprised to be waiting for awhile. I'm disheartened, and I wish that I would have pre-ordered elsewhere. I haven't even recieved a status update about my order or any info on if it has shipped or not. I went with overnight shipping and I have been expecting a response before today.

I sent a letter to their customer support asking for a status update, sadly I don't think I'll get a response until after the holidays.

:cry:

No PGR3 for awhile I'm afraid.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2005, 07:29:08 PM »

I waited outside in the rain from about 5:00am until the local BJs Wholesale Club opened at 8:00.  Fifteen minutes before opening, an employee came out, handed ten tickets to the first ten people in line, and told them they were guaranteed an X-Box 360 Premium.  I was second in line at that time.

When the store opened at 8:00, the employee opened the doors only after cautioning everyone not to run or act crazy because everyone with a ticket was guaranteed a system.  Believing him, I didn't bother trying to push to the front of the very short line.

The final X-Box 360 sold to the person in front of me.  The cashier, under the watchful eye of an extremely professional supervisor and an extremely unprofessional assistant manager, had sold ten 360 systems and only collected nine tickets.  The assistant manager, Paula, started by telling me I was wasting my time asking what had just happened, and proceeded to intimate that I had either swiped someone else's ticket or had produced my own from thin air.  This ended somewhat after the supervisor pointed out that the number on my ticket matched in perfect sequence with the others, but the assistant manager succeeded in vanishing without even the most insincere apology.

Actually, if I want to be completely accurate, the last 360 was in the process of being sold when I held up my ticket and asked for an explanation.  Since the cashier couldn't remember if the buyer had given her a ticket, the supervisor tried to stop the transaction from going through until the issue was solved, but the assistant manager wound up ramming it through a short time later.  I probably could have raised a stink about that point, but since I'm confident that the buyer really was entitled to a system, there was no way I was going to levy a bad-faith accusation against him just so I could take his system from him.

Anyways, it'll be a few weeks before I'll be getting my 360, I guess.  On the plus side, I've already spoken directly with BJs Wholesale Club's VP of Branch Management, and while I may have put the supervisor on the fast track to promotion, I think the assistant manager is going to be wallowing in place for a while.  I'll be sure to drop off a duplicate of the formal written complaint at the local store, and I'll get to look the assistant manager in the eye when I do

I don't really care much about waiting for the X-Box 360, but I react badly to being called a liar, especially when every shred of evidence is on my side.

-Autistic Angel
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2005, 08:21:34 PM »

Well, I just got off the phone with RitzCamera.com and spoke to their customer service. Ritzcamera has NOT recieved any Xbox 360's. WHich tells me that they never planned on shipping any units on the 21-22nd. IN otherwords, you're fizucked.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2005, 08:37:55 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Well, I just got off the phone with RitzCamera.com and spoke to their customer service. Ritzcamera has NOT recieved any Xbox 360's. WHich tells me that they never planned on shipping any units on the 21-22nd. IN otherwords, you're fizucked.

Now that actually fucked up

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2005, 08:52:25 PM »

Yes, I cancelled my pre-order with them. Sorry, but not even recieving any systems from Microsoft tells me that they weren't exactly honest in their pre-order description.

People who paid hundreds of dollars more on games and other items for the system (the webpage said that those who bought a lot of accessories had a better chance of getting a system first) and expecting to recieve a system TODAY/TOMORROW did not and will not. THe blatantly lied to the consumer, and looking online, they rank low in overall customer satisfaction and I can see why.

Very shady company and not to be trusted.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2005, 11:44:01 PM »

Didn't get one from anywyhere. Struck out. Too much trouble. Pissed off now.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2005, 12:47:07 AM »

Let's go beat up some kids, Calvin.

:evil:

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2005, 02:21:15 AM »

don't know why you would order it from a camera shop anyways Tongue
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2005, 03:10:29 AM »

My Sam's Club opened up at 10:00.  I was there about 15 minutes early and there really wasn't any line.  I get in there and I don't see any Xbox 360's around at all.  I went to someone and asked where they were at.  If you were a "business" customer you got to go in early when they opened at 7:00 and get one.  They got about 20 in and expect more in about three weeks.  I'm glad I got one already, but I was a bit pissed that "business" members got to go in early when they don't need one for their business.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2005, 03:19:46 AM »

Just in case there is any confusion the extra hours for business customers is not specific to the 360 release. The extra hours is one of the perks of being a business customer, lets them do their shopping without all the riff-raff I guess.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2005, 03:23:54 AM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
Just in case there is any confusion the extra hours for business customers is not specific to the 360 release. The extra hours is one of the perks of being a business customer, lets them do their shopping without all the riff-raff I guess.

I know that it's not specific to the 360 release.  I still think that it's bogus that they could use their "business" status to get one.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2005, 04:16:08 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

/points

/laughs

Don't say I didn't warn you.  :twisted:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2005, 04:42:31 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Quote from: "Calvin"

/points

/laughs

Don't say I didn't warn you.  :twisted:

Yeah, you did, many many times. However, I still am dissapointed that I missed out on both the opportunity for a new toy or for something to sell on EBay for an absurd profit.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2005, 04:57:15 AM »

Just dropped by my local Future Shop (a.k.a. Canadian Best Buy) and it had two or three units of both Core and Premium consoles. Tried CoD 2 out a bit at the demo kiosk, thought it was neat, though I've lost all console-FPS-control coordination that I may have had and was quickly slaughtered. Love the feel of the new controller, by the way. Fits like a glove.

I feel sorry for all you crazy Americans, slogging through an all-nighter to get your hands on one.  :wink:

Does, um, does anyone want one? I'm almost afraid to offer ...

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
warning

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2005, 05:53:30 AM »

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051122-5609.html
The parents were leaving the store with sad looks on their faces. This is because one employee actually said that they do not expect to receive another major shipment of Xbox 360s until February of 2006.

I was shocked when I heard that. Microsoft had intimated that they would avoid a repeat of the miserable PlayStation 2 launch by keeping a constant supply of units floating into stores. But on the ground, that's not what I'm being told by people at the stores. The mantra today is "not in time for Christmas," as employees apologetically feign sympathy with the Xbox-less. It has been said that Microsoft wanted to avoid a December spike followed by the two month slump. Right now, it looks like we're going to see a November spike followed by a 2-3 month slump. Not everyone was pessimistic, however. One Best Buy employee in Watertown told me that they hope for a small shipment in 2 weeks, but stressed that the official position is essentially "we don't know." Stores like Gamestop don't expect to have any units on shelves anytime soon. It will take them beyond Christmas to fill their pre-orders.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2005, 06:17:30 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Just dropped by my local Future Shop (a.k.a. Canadian Best Buy) and it had two or three units of both Core and Premium consoles. Tried CoD 2 out a bit at the demo kiosk, thought it was neat, though I've lost all console-FPS-control coordination that I may have had and was quickly slaughtered. Love the feel of the new controller, by the way. Fits like a glove.

I feel sorry for all you crazy Americans, slogging through an all-nighter to get your hands on one.  :wink:

Does, um, does anyone want one? I'm almost afraid to offer ...

If you have one to buy and ship at cost..then yeah I might seriously think about it at this point.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2005, 03:20:16 PM »

I'd say it all comes down to shipping and the insurance, and the fact that you'd be getting a unit from a Canadian retailer. What if it craps out? I don't even want to think about the return hassle there. And, I have no idea what the shipping would be from Vancouver to ... where ever.

But, assuming it wouldn't be too much of an issue, I can't really think of a reason why I wouldn't help a brother out. Like Purge offered before, I'd grab the unit, ship it however you wanted it done (arriving tomorrow/next week/next year/what have you), have whatever insurance you wanted to pay for, and then let you know what the cost was. The only thing I'd care about is that I'd be paid back with a CDN bank draft. Wouldn't charge ya anything, but it takes me out of the exchange loop.

And that's assuming that Future Shop still has a unit when I go. And would you want a Core if the Premiums were gone? You know, all that stuff.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2005, 03:50:31 PM »

I'm done with kind deeds.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: