http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 06:44:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's nitpick our favorite games!  (Read 1013 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2006, 04:10:47 AM »

Shadow of the Colossus

- I hate how whenever I shoot fruit or a lizard and pick it up, and I go to shoot another piece of fruit, it defaults me back to my hand, so when I hit square to shoot with my bow again, instead of cocking an arrow, I swing my sword.

- It's too easy.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

- The survival viewer is poorly done.  It totally takes you out of the action.

- I'd like to be able to strafe.

Ossu! Tatake! Ouendan

- I wish it had only more than two basic rhythm mechanics.

TheMissingLink on PSN
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 05:48:07 AM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on August 21, 2006, 04:10:47 AM

Shadow of the Colossus

- I hate how whenever I shoot fruit or a lizard and pick it up, and I go to shoot another piece of fruit, it defaults me back to my hand, so when I hit square to shoot with my bow again, instead of cocking an arrow, I swing my sword.

- It's too easy.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

- The survival viewer is poorly done.  It totally takes you out of the action.

- I'd like to be able to strafe.

Ossu! Tatake! Ouendan

- I wish it had only more than two basic rhythm mechanics.

You forgot framerate on SotC!

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:06:37 AM »

Well, you did say favorite games.. so..

Tribes Aerial Assault [PS2]

- No more than a dozen players playing online at any time (most game are rounded out with bots)

- Bots don't use vehicles

Perfect Dark Zero [Xbox 360]

- Extremely disappointing that the bots are limited to 16 per game, when games like Battlefront 2 can run 32 bots on the outdated PS2 hardware. The 360 packs plenty of power to give you 32 player bot matches.

- Bots don't play the dark ops game modes unless you download a patch. Since I dont have Live, how the hell am I going to get the patch? I've emailed OXM a couple of times about maybe putting it on one of their demo discs but they never answer.

Starwars Battlefront II [All Platforms]

- Some of the worst bots I've seen, ever. Bot pilot AI is flawed, anytime a bot has a human passenger (whether it be a land or space based map) he crashes the vehicle - just flying straight until he takes us both out. This bug is on all platforms and Pandemic/LucasArts still haven't addressed it. Was never present in Battlefront 1.

- PSP version lacks online play.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo [PSP]

- Online games limited to 16 players (even Fireteam Bravo 2 which comes out in a couple months) when other PSP games - such as Medal of Honor Heroes, are setting a new standard with 32 player online battles.

- No Bots to practice offline with.

-Lack of a second analog stick. (PSP problem in general.)

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories [PSP]

- Law Enforcement AI is flawed, unless you do the missions. You can go on killing sprees taking out as many cops as you want and they won't do a thing about it unless you complete the first mission.

- No "Homies" system like San Andreas and Saints Row have. I'd like to be able to recruit gang members and have them follow me around and help out on drive-bys,etc.

- Wish it had online multiplayer.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 08:23:37 AM »

Rockstar Presents Table Tennis

- DOUBLES, we need DOUBLES!

TheMissingLink on PSN
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:01:07 AM »

Every SquareSoft and or Japanese RPG  Game, Including DragonQuest VIII,Chrono Trigger and
Shadow Hearts 1 and 2

Why do the game timers keep going when you have the game paused/in a menu/on the save screen? I don't know why, but my biggest nitpick of gaming right now is inaccurate game play timers.   thumbsdown

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 12:12:40 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 21, 2006, 10:01:07 AM

Every SquareSoft and or Japanese RPG  Game, Including DragonQuest VIII,Chrono Trigger and
Shadow Hearts 1 and 2

Why do the game timers keep going when you have the game paused/in a menu/on the save screen? I don't know why, but my biggest nitpick of gaming right now is inaccurate game play timers.   thumbsdown

Heh, that bugs me too.  I'm playing Xenosaga 2 right now and I'm surprised to find that the game does indeed pause the timer when you pause the game.  One of the few I can remember that does that. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 02:24:47 PM »

Chromehounds:

1)  In-Game News:  Do I really need to sit through the 'End of War' crawl everytime a war ends?  Can't it be skippable?  Is some schmuck so proud of his 'l337' writing skills they felt the need to subject us to it?  On the otherhand, it does give me extra time to grab a beer.  Same with the other news flashes, but those we have to actually hit the button to advance them everytime.  Honestly, I really don't care if some guy who has no life and plays all day has donated money to whatever side the squad is currently on.  And the bastages are always 'surprised'.  I say they should put a random event in where they just take the money and run, screwing the player who makes me sit through the news flash.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

Yes, in RPGs I hate it when I can't stop the timer.  I like to really accurately judge how much time I've played of it down to the minute.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 04:21:12 PM »

RPG: Timer not stopping when paused.

FFX: More combat options, more open gameworld.
PS:T: More involved combat, more game, more story (everytime I realize the game is over I get sad. I want more), spells that aren't all resisted towards the end. Better graphics.

More to come!
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 04:35:12 PM »

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one with regards to game timers in RPGs. It annoys me to no end.

But on to nitpicking!

Baldur's Gate Saga:
Why must your pathfinding be so bad? I don't want you to get stuck in a bush, I just want you to cross the damn path.

Planescape Torment
It ends all too soon.

Final Fantasy Everything:
You know I love all of ya'll, but damn it... How about a protagonist in their mid 20s, or 30s? I honestly wouldn't mind. You could even have some beard action going, or something. Also, random invisible encounters suck granny ass.

Ultima VII
Lordy the combat system kinda really stinks.

System Shock
If only you had aged better visually, I'd still be able to play you.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 04:42:17 PM »

I've been playing Call of Duty 2 on my 360 this past week.  Great game and I love the grenade indicator but I would love it more if the game let me pick up a grenade and throw it back at the enemy.  I see my squadmates doing it but I can't.  Unless I missed a control somewhere....
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 05:04:56 PM »

Wind Waker
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with meeeeeeeeeeee....
I hated sailing in that game.  Hated it sooooo much!

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 01:47:23 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 21, 2006, 08:06:37 AM

- Bots don't play the dark ops game modes unless you download a patch. Since I dont have Live, how the hell am I going to get the patch? I've emailed OXM a couple of times about maybe putting it on one of their demo discs but they never answer.

If you have broadband all you need is the free Live Silver membership to download updates and use the marketplace.  If you don't have broadband then you are indeed hosed. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 05:48:17 PM »

Quote from: Fellow on August 21, 2006, 04:35:12 PM

System Shock
If only you had aged better visually, I'd still be able to play you.

I played this again a few months ago, and it's such a great game that I didn't even notice the older graphics.  The controls, however, did not age well.  This is one game in dire need of mouse-look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: