http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 04:53:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter  (Read 541 times)
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:11:03 PM »

Just announced: a Leisure Suit Larry 1 HD remake kickstarter. I thought the remake was announced a while ago, though. Oh well, the Al Lowe "pledge" video is definitely his/Josh Mandel's humor.

I hope Josh is involved in the remake as well. The Matt Chat videos with him are really interesting and Freddy Pharkas is one of my favorite games.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »

I... dunno. I'm not sure I want to see this game come back. The last time they brought back LL I was less than impressed.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:35:38 PM »

I'm not pleased with projects that are already planned and well underway suddenly going up on Kickstarter as if they need to rely on it to reach their goals. It feels like they're abusing people's trust.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »

meh, played the VGA update of the first one but never felt the need to play any more in the series.  I'd rather see Al Lowe come out of retirement for a new Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist installment.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:36:54 PM »

Quote from: Calavera on April 02, 2012, 06:11:03 PM

Just announced: a Leisure Suit Larry 1 HD remake kickstarter. I thought the remake was announced a while ago, though. Oh well, the Al Lowe "pledge" video is definitely his/Josh Mandel's humor.

I hope Josh is involved in the remake as well. The Matt Chat videos with him are really interesting and Freddy Pharkas is one of my favorite games.

Yeah, I thought so as well. It was announced awhile back that they were going to remake them with mobile devices in mind, and I think Al Lowe was said to be involved. Likely the Kickstarter is mainly for the funding. As far as the recent Larry games are concerned, well, Al Lowe wasn't involved in any way, and we all know how that turned out.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:39:27 PM by Rumpy » Logged
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »

This just hit $500k today, so it will be made. I tossed my $15 in to get a finished copy. Hope this turns out well. Both Al and Josh seem to be really excited about this...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: