http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:15:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lego Star Wars DS?  (Read 644 times)
Jag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »

Anybody have this or try it? Is it any good? I never played the SW Lego games, but i bought this for my kids DS since he uses it more than his Wii. Now i'm wondering if i should return it. Just looking for some feedback.
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »

I tried out the OT version, it was really buggy, and frustratingly hard in many places.

I've heard people say the newer "complete" version is better, haven't tried it out yet.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »

This from IGN sounds positive, and seems to agree that the other DS version was no good:

Closing Comments
The console version is the more impressive product, but Traveller's Tales handheld team pulled off a vastly improved version of the design for the Nintendo DS. Just wipe the existence of LEGO Star Wars II out of your mind - this one's the real deal. It's a really impressive, extensive single player experience, enhanced with the wireless cooperative mode for players with two copies at the ready.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »

played a friends copy of lsw2 and i can confirm it was a mess.  disappearing graphics, poor camera making some jumps impossible, especially on the endor level.  it was fun up til that point, but i'm pretty forgiving of ds game problems. 

i gave it back after i got to the endor level and i would be very reluctant to play anything from that developer.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 07:15:51 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 13, 2007, 07:09:34 PM

played a friends copy of lsw2 and i can confirm it was a mess.  disappearing graphics, poor camera making some jumps impossible, especially on the endor level.  it was fun up til that point, but i'm pretty forgiving of ds game problems. 

i gave it back after i got to the endor level and i would be very reluctant to play anything from that developer.

Thanks. Like i said its for my son, who's not a 'gamer'. So if it's difficult, he'll just get frustrated and not play it. I'm going to return it, just not sure what other DS to get for him. He just really doesn't touch the Wii at all anymore.
Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:59:57 PM »

Quote from: Jag on December 13, 2007, 07:15:51 PM

Thanks. Like i said its for my son, who's not a 'gamer'. So if it's difficult, he'll just get frustrated and not play it. I'm going to return it, just not sure what other DS to get for him. He just really doesn't touch the Wii at all anymore.
The Lego Star Wars games are pretty tough (but hilarious) so getting something else is probably a good idea. Here are some good ones:

Metroid Prime: Pinball -- Just an awesome pinball game with neat "mini-shooter" segments thrown in for fun.
Mario Kart DS -- Great racing game with fun power-ups.
Zookeeper -- It is really just a more forgiving Bejeweled with animal faces but I love it. You will look like a cheap bastard since it is only like $5 or so now.
Warioware: Twisted (GBA) -- This game is just crazy fun and my 9 year old daughter leaves it in her DS all the time. It is far superior to the DS version (Touched) so get this if you can find it.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 12:01:54 AM »

Quote from: Kemper Boyd on December 13, 2007, 10:59:57 PM

Quote from: Jag on December 13, 2007, 07:15:51 PM

The Lego Star Wars games are pretty tough (but hilarious) so getting something else is probably a good idea. Here are some good ones:

Metroid Prime: Pinball -- Just an awesome pinball game with neat "mini-shooter" segments thrown in for fun.
Mario Kart DS -- Great racing game with fun power-ups.
Zookeeper -- It is really just a more forgiving Bejeweled with animal faces but I love it. You will look like a cheap bastard since it is only like $5 or so now.
Warioware: Twisted (GBA) -- This game is just crazy fun and my 9 year old daughter leaves it in her DS all the time. It is far superior to the DS version (Touched) so get this if you can find it.

The pinball sounds cool, he has Kart and he loves Wario, so i'll have to check that out
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 12:11:10 AM »

i'm not sure that the 'complete saga' edition is substantially better than lsw2, so i would be wary to recommend it.  if those problems were cleared up and all of the glitches and camera issues were gone, i would say it's a great game for that age group.  the console versions are greatly entertaining and have a coop mode which was very fun.  i played the pc version of the first game that way and we enjoyed every minute of it. 

iow, i wouldn't nix it just on what i've said, but i would read all of the reviews and hopefully some player impressions comparing them first.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: