http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 04:17:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC] Legends of Pegasus  (Read 994 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:26:28 AM »

heard about this the other day, and found this preview on RPS.  it's another 4X space sim, described as:

a “4X space sim, like Sins of a Solar Empire with a unique touch.” There’s also more than a little Homeworld in there, at least thematically – which means it’s also nodding to Battlestar Galactica.

unlike Sins though, they say the game is story heavy, so you'll have plenty of story to fill up the bits between exploding ships.  personally the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard the title was 'a BSG game about the Pegasus?', but this sounds close enough to gain my interest.  this also sounds cool:

It’s the construction and colonisation that looks most appealing to me. Once you’ve established your presence on planets, you can tailor, build and upgrade the bases there in a manner vaguely reminiscent of Civilization’s cities. Before that, though, you need to find a suitable home for this next arm of your galactic civilisation. Customise one of your ships with Colony modules, head out to one of the game’s many systems (connected via starlanes) and you can colonise a planet of your choice with a click’n'drag. There’s a whole layer of strategy just to this – find a blue, Earth-like planet and it’ll colonise that much quicker. Find a red one and you can still take it, but first it’ll need terraforming.

This plays out in speed-time – so you’ll see little seas form, grow into large oceans, green and blue creep across the surface, the atmosphere change colour and generally the once dead planet visibly become a life-supporting one. You don’t need a progress bar to tell you when it’s ready to send settlers in: it’ll be obvious. Unfortunately, setting up base on a virgin planet has its own, similarly visible effects – heavy industry will change the atmosphere for the worse. More positively, you’ll see oodles of tiny light points appear where cities form, visually celebrating the society that’s built there.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:03:26 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:10:09 AM »

Arise, thread.

this is getting released on 8/10/12

Steam page link
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205590/

graphics look interesting, but the promise of a Homeworld/BSG style campaign sounds fun.  A good part of what made HW so interesting was the sense of isolation.  not sure how they intend to conjure up that feeling in a 4x game but it could work. 

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »

I think I read somewhere that the devs are currently working on a 1v1 skirmish mode as well, and that the A.I. is their current hurdle in getting that up and ready in time for release. I have been following a few space games developments lately though, so I could be mixing it up with something else. At any rate, all someone has to do is mention Homeworld, and my interest level goes up 100%. Keeping an eye on this for sure.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »

Re-arise, thread!  Anyone going to try this out.  Looks like fun to me.
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 02:49:01 AM »

Nearly bit on this a couple times now. If it wasn't for Endless Space (which is great, even if the combat is a little lacking) and Sword of the Stars 2 (which, after constant patching, is now almost at the point it should have been at release) I already would have.... kinda waiting on the first round of reviews to see how it pans out. Looks promising, though.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »

I'm looking for a good 4X game.  I got Endless Space but I can't get into it.  It just has no flavour.  The tech tree is so boring and tedious.  Maybe I should take a look at Sword of the Stars?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »

Quote from: skystride on August 09, 2012, 05:31:26 PM

I'm looking for a good 4X game.  I got Endless Space but I can't get into it.  It just has no flavour.  The tech tree is so boring and tedious.  Maybe I should take a look at Sword of the Stars?

Pegasus is coming out tomorrow, I have a good feeling about it though I don't know why.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:11 PM »

I took the plunge and pre-ordered on steam.  Hope it measures up to Endless Space and SINS.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 11:53:33 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 09, 2012, 06:07:13 PM

Pegasus is coming out tomorrow, I have a good feeling about it though I don't know why.

I have the exact opposite feeling about it.  And as usual, I hope I'm dead wrong, as I would love this game to be awesome!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 01:45:06 AM »

For those considering this title, you may want to keep an eye on this Space Sector preview, especially the comments at the bottom.

LINK

Then again, some of our own folks will have the game soon enough, and hopefully will give us their thoughts.

4x Space Strategy is easily one of my favorite type of games, so I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone from buying this - just wanting to give a head's up.  Sounds like they are patching away, which is a good sign at least.

LD

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 09, 2012, 06:07:13 PM

Hmm apparently lots of launch issues with this game.

I actually went back to Endless Space and I'm starting to like it more.  Still doesn't quiet scratch that MOO 2 itch.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 04:53:35 AM »

yikes.  the devs have declared bankruptcy:

UPDATE 05.10.2012 (10.05.2012 for us Stateside)
Developer Novacore had to fine for bancruptcy this week. We assume there will be no further development of patches for Legends of Pegasus but cannot make any statements on the state of the bancruptcy.

It is also legally not possible for us to just hand out the source code of the game for further community development as the code also includes software that is not open source.

This situation is very unsatisfactory, for us but of course especially for you. But it is all we can say for now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: