http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 11:56:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - reivewers are stupid  (Read 1549 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2005, 06:51:09 PM »

I have to say this review just stikes me as an idiot with a web site.

It is the worst review of The Minish Cap currently on www.gamerankings.com so I read it to see what the worst parts of the game are....but it doesn't say any bad points.  In fact it says "Still, I can't help but wonder why one of the finest series of games ever created has left me, one of its biggest fans, behind?"  So if it is one of the finest games why does the twit give it a 70%?

The only negative I can see is that it is like the other Zelda games....well what does one expect while playing Zelda?  Perhaps a Wookie, or some evil Jedi (sorry I have been hitting the KoTor2 pretty hard)  

After reading the review again I can't help but think...this guy is just bitter.  He doesn't enjoy games anymore and shouldn't be writing reviews.  

Anyway. It comes out this week so I will be picking it up despite the cynical review.

Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 06:58:34 PM »

Thats just one review out of the 20 or so there. Let it go, there are always negative reviews for each game.

Zelda games are hit and miss for me. I dont always like the puzzle feel of it, but enjoy the adventure part. Im going to have to try this game before I buy it. Of course, I only have two GBA games, FFTA (70 hours spent) and the original mario.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
In fact it says "Still, I can't help but wonder why one of the finest series of games ever created has left me, one of its biggest fans, behind?"  So if it is one of the finest games why does the twit give it a 70%?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 08:10:32 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Wonser"
In fact it says "Still, I can't help but wonder why one of the finest series of games ever created has left me, one of its biggest fans, behind?"  So if it is one of the finest games why does the twit give it a 70%?

Reading comprehension is your friend smile
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 08:55:29 PM »

Reminds me of a ludicrous recent editorial ove at IGN where the writer (Matt somethingorother) proprosed that the storyline for the next Zelda should have Gannon kill Zelda and Link set out for revenge.  Talk about not understanding the series...

As for Minish Cap- I can't wait.  I'll be hitting EB on Tuesday to pick up my copy.
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 10:15:26 PM »

I'll be picking up the game also.  I've seen a bunch of reviews on the net already and they've all been positive so I wouldn't let this one get you down.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 11:41:55 PM »

Did you all read the whole review?  

Comments like this

For anyone simply wondering whether or not this game is good, I ought to affirm that yes, it is good. This is a good 2D Zelda game and Capcom have at least done the series justice with a suitably taut and colourful instalment. (Feel free to check the rating at the bottom of this review for a numerical interpretation of this qualitative concept.) But do we really need another good Zelda game?

idicate, to me anyway, that he is using a stupid yardstick to measure the game.  It is good, but that doesn't matter?  It is good but who needs another good Zelda game?

Perhaps it does lack inovation but that is very subjective.  If that game is good on its own merits then it deserves a good score.  

It felt like, reading the review, he said "I am sick of Zelda games.  Oh another Zelda game to review.....boring...."  I don't think that is a very good way to approach reviewing a game.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 11:43:09 PM »

Quote from: "Chrisoc13"
Thats just one review out of the 20 or so there. Let it go, there are always negative reviews for each game.

Don't you get tired of seeing the same threads and the top each day?  Come on!  This is a place to bitch, discuss, argue, praise, etc.  

:roll:

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 11:57:49 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Reminds me of a ludicrous recent editorial ove at IGN where the writer (Matt somethingorother) proprosed that the storyline for the next Zelda should have Gannon kill Zelda and Link set out for revenge.  Talk about not understanding the series...

As for Minish Cap- I can't wait.  I'll be hitting EB on Tuesday to pick up my copy.

Oh my god, that is the single coolest idea for a Zelda game i have ever heard.  Please Nintendo!!!
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 12:05:17 AM »

just bre-bought my copy today after reading egm's 'game of the month' (this was without their getting re4 yet) review...

'Reminds me of a ludicrous recent editorial ove at IGN where the writer (Matt somethingorother) proprosed that the storyline for the next Zelda should have Gannon kill Zelda and Link set out for revenge. Talk about not understanding the series...'

never saw that - truly classic smile ...

'Don't you get tired of seeing the same threads and the top each day? Come on! This is a place to bitch, discuss, argue, praise, etc.'

you're right - & from this day forward, i swear to cease ever again mentioning gamespot's totally moronic, cravenly sleazy review of mgs:se...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 01:09:40 AM »

I'm definitely IN on this one. EB had a demo which I fooled around with for about 15 seconds. After that completely thorough evaluation, it looks good! smile

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 01:15:27 AM »

Quote from: "Chrisoc13"

Don't you get tired of seeing the same threads and the top each day?  Come on!  This is a place to bitch, discuss, argue, praise, etc.  

:roll:

Ok Farley. Wow.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 07:21:11 AM »

Wow, I love Zelda as much as the next guy, but I can fully appreciate where that reviewer is coming from. I mean, I haven't been able to play the game, so I don't know how it stacks up first hand, but I can easily see how the reviewer is beginning to feel like the series is getting really repetitive. And I think it's fair for a reviewer to dock a game for such a reason. Innovation is huge, in my opinion. No one wants the same old game they've played over and over again in a new box with a new quirky little gameplay addition. I mean hell, that's often a sequel's biggest complaint, that there's not enough change or improvements to warrant another game.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2005, 08:56:54 AM »

Circuit City will have the game on sale this week for only $22.99.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 09:48:01 AM »

I haven't played many Zeldas. I tried a little bit of zelda 1 & 2, a bit of Ocarina of Time, and I finished A link to the Past and The Wind Waker.

Saying that, The Wind Waker was VERY familiar to A link to the past. Sequence:
1) You leave your house to rescue someone: first dungeon.
2) After the rescue, world opens up to you. Now there are a couple of dungeons, where you acquire artifacts.
3) These artifacts allow you to acces another dungeon, and face the Evil Mastermind. But first you get the Master Sword.
4) After facing him, you lose (sort of), and many more dungeons open up to you, to gather artifacts.
5) These artifacts, in turn, allow you to acces the final dungeon, and kill the bad guy.

I liked both games a lot, but they were almost identical in set-up. Also, all the same items came back. Surely some new creativity can't harm the series?
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 07:08:50 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Wow, I love Zelda as much as the next guy, but I can fully appreciate where that reviewer is coming from. I mean, I haven't been able to play the game, so I don't know how it stacks up first hand, but I can easily see how the reviewer is beginning to feel like the series is getting really repetitive. And I think it's fair for a reviewer to dock a game for such a reason. Innovation is huge, in my opinion. No one wants the same old game they've played over and over again in a new box with a new quirky little gameplay addition. I mean hell, that's often a sequel's biggest complaint, that there's not enough change or improvements to warrant another game.

I agree with you here. While the review might have been a bit harsh, its true. You know how to get around the games and they all are cut from the same material with something to change your character (an item or something) to make it different. I will probably still pick this game up though, I only have one game for my GBA and I need another one. This one looks good as any other  smile .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: