http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:18:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Left 4 Dead Impressions  (Read 12707 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 01, 2008, 06:50:53 PM

My sticking point is your repeated use of the word "dismissive."

To me, dismissive is looking at the screenshots/movies/ads and calling it crap.  Both of us played the game and made decisions based on our personal experiences.  We gave the game more of a chance than many others did. 

What may be key elements to you may not be something that is key to us.

Dismissive - indicating dismissal or rejection; having the purpose or effect of dismissing, as from one's presence or from consideration.

Maybe I'll try to have a thesaurus handy in future, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.   icon_wink

And the key elements I'm talking about here are things that are cornerstones of the gameplay.  It's not a question of them being integral to the design or not.  They are key.  If you don't like them, that's another story, but if you missed them, they should be pointed out.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:01:41 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2008, 07:14:07 PM »

I'ma dismiss all you all from my impressions thread for starting another pointless argument. People like games people don't like others.

And I'll leave this thread for dead (nyuk nyuk) when I ask the mods to lock it.  (Look at me wonderpug! Look at me!)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:20:02 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2008, 07:38:09 PM »

yeah, i don't see the need to beat anyone over the head with liking it or not.  either you do or you don't.  as long as you try it, i cannot fault your for disliking it.  if you give it an hour and it hasn't grabbed you, then why bother?  it's not like the game changes drastically at 1:01 or even 100:01.  it is what it is and that happens to be a tightly designed mp shooter based heavily on teamwork and covering each other's butts.  or, adversarily, working together to take down prey.  slywink

like i said earlier, i liked what i played even though i see the weak spots.  this hits a nerve for me;  putting myself into a zombie movie with friends.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »

I really enjoyed Co-Op mode... but man, Versus mode is where it's at.  So much potential for comedy there and it definitely requires a lot more stratagery and teamwork than regular Co-Op.

gellar
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2008, 08:28:32 PM »

Quote from: gellar on December 01, 2008, 07:40:18 PM

I really enjoyed Co-Op mode... but man, Versus mode is where it's at.  So much potential for comedy there and it definitely requires a lot more stratagery and teamwork than regular Co-Op.

gellar

There is something satisfying about waiting for a survivor to fall back from the group and then sweeping in for the kill when his annoying buddies aren't there to protect him.  icon_twisted

Still, co-op has the potential for many, many great moments.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2008, 09:37:55 PM »

I think I would be more in love with Left 4 Dead if Gears 2 didn't include Horde mode.  Both games are similar in that you are teaming up against the AI in order to survive.  Horde has the advantage of much greater enemy variety and more maps.  I think there is more strategy in Horde as well since selecting your defensive position and balancing your weapons is crucial as you get into the higher horde levels. Left 4 Dead does encourage teamwork more than Horde, but when you are the least one standing in Horde it is pretty cool when everyone is cheering for you so you can get to the next wave.

I think if I had played Left 4 Dead before Horde mode I would like L4D more.  But as it is I kind of feel like Left 4 Dead comes up short.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2008, 10:43:36 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 01, 2008, 07:14:07 PM

I'ma dismiss all you all from my impressions thread for starting another pointless argument. People like games people don't like others.

And I'll leave this thread for dead (nyuk nyuk) when I ask the mods to lock it.  (Look at me wonderpug! Look at me!)

Bah!  I don't like people who like that people like games, people don't like others, people!

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2008, 04:05:26 AM »

My history with this game:

1. Heard about it, thought the concept was neat.  Another game to look forward to.
2. Amazon has a pre-order deal for 48.00 shipped. I preorder
3. Demo came out. Played it once. It was fun, but unimpressive
4. I get around to canceling my pre-order too late. Amazon ships the game. I'm totally bummed. 48.00 out the window
5. I'm out of town so I can't play it. I get home, have a weekend planned to play it via the MP forum but am overwhelmed and exhausted from the trip. I don't game at all that weekend.
6. I finally recover and try to set up a match with a couple of GTers. Everyone's a no show until I'm too tired to play.
7. Finally get a game together with Bullwinkle and Spigot.  Have an absolute riot
8. Play with some randoms and have a great time.
9. Play tonight with DamgeInc and two bots.  Am blown away at how competent the bots are.  We spend an hour and 10 minutes working through the blood harvest campaign.  Neither of us knows where to go and we suffer some consequences like more respawns (we think) as we dally about trying to explore and figure out what's going on.  Our teamwork isn't all that sharp either as we don't fortify that well before the horde attacks.

We eventually radio for help.  We all defend the farmhouse bravely and the US Army shows up.  Damage runs for the APC and gets in. One of our bots is down in the distance. He's a gonner. I race toward the APC. I see another of our bots, Zoey,  get knocked down and open up on her attackers.  She's gonna make.....TANK Zombie attacks the APC and punches me 40 feet from the vehicle. I'm cooked I'm for sure.  But I manage to get back up and race to the APC emptying my gun into the tank that is now mauling Zoey...no avail. I say sorry! and get into the vehicle. Damage and I escape.

10. This is a darkhorse for GOTY.  I haven't even tried versus yet.  What an absolute gem so far.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 04:07:13 AM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 04:05:26 AM

My history with this game:

1. Heard about it, thought the concept was neat.  Another game to look forward to.
2. Amazon has a pre-order deal for 48.00 shipped. I preorder
3. Demo came out. Played it once. It was fun, but unimpressive
4. I get around to canceling my pre-order too late. Amazon ships the game. I'm totally bummed. 48.00 out the window
5. I'm out of town so I can't play it. I get home, have a weekend planned to play it via the MP forum but am overwhelmed and exhausted from the trip. I don't game at all that weekend.
6. I finally recover and try to set up a match with a couple of GTers. Everyone's a no show until I'm too tired to play.
7. Finally get a game together with Bullwinkle and Spigot.  Have an absolute riot
8. Play with some randoms and have a great time.
9. Play tonight with DamgeInc and two bots.  Am blown away at how competent the bots are.  We spend an hour and 10 minutes working through the blood harvest campaign.  Neither of us knows where to go and we suffer some consequences like more respawns (we think) as we dally about trying to explore and figure out what's going on.  Our teamwork isn't all that sharp either as we don't fortify that well before the horde attacks.

We eventually radio for help.  We all defend the farmhouse bravely and the US Army shows up.  Damage runs for the APC and gets in. One of our bots is down in the distance. He's a gonner. I race toward the APC. I see another of our bots, Zoey,  get knocked down and open up on her attackers.  She's gonna make.....TANK Zombie attacks the APC and punches me 40 feet from the vehicle. I'm cooked I'm for sure.  But I manage to get back up and race to the APC emptying my gun into the tank that is now mauling Zoey...no avail. I say sorry! and get into the vehicle. Damage and I escape.

10. This is a darkhorse for GOTY.  I haven't even tried versus yet.  What an absolute gem so far.

Sorry I couldn't join you last night, SL.  Just wasn't up to it.  I needed to punch some things (having the Joker pound Batman into the ground helped scratch that itch).  I was a little cranky yesterday.  Sorry if I irked too many people.  I certainly didn't mean to create any nemeses.

I went through a similar experience as SL had.  The demo didn't do much for me, personally, but I took a chance on it based on reviews and impressions, and I can't believe I almost missed this game.  Moments like he's talking about at the end literally happen ALL THE TIME.  Plus it's just so well constructed and balanced.  It's a shame to see that point missed.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2008, 03:14:34 PM »

Also, the lighting effects in this game might be the best ever.

When you're in a dim and dark farmhouse and the only illumination is your flashlight and then zombies jump into your view out of nowhere and they light up real time and are brighter in spots on their body depending upon where you have the gun aimed and they cast a shadow about the room ontop of other zombies who are in different spots casting different shadows and it's all going on sofastasyoupullthetriggertoblamblamthemandblamblamthatotherzombieandomgthere'sanothercomingthroughthewindow it causes your head to asplode. ASPLODE REAL GOOD!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:18:13 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »

It's even better when the flashlight is off..and the only light is from your twin pistols strobing the room, lighting up the horde stop motion style..

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 01, 2008, 06:58:59 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 01, 2008, 06:50:53 PM

My sticking point is your repeated use of the word "dismissive."

To me, dismissive is looking at the screenshots/movies/ads and calling it crap.  Both of us played the game and made decisions based on our personal experiences.  We gave the game more of a chance than many others did. 

What may be key elements to you may not be something that is key to us.

Dismissive - indicating dismissal or rejection; having the purpose or effect of dismissing, as from one's presence or from consideration.

Maybe I'll try to have a thesaurus handy in future, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.   icon_wink

And the key elements I'm talking about here are things that are cornerstones of the gameplay.  It's not a question of them being integral to the design or not.  They are key.  If you don't like them, that's another story, but if you missed them, they should be pointed out.

Nobody dismissed it without consideration, they played it, considered it, then decided it wasn't for them.  I believe being dismissive involves the removal of the item from consideration without the actual consideration. slywink
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »

Darkhorse for GOTY, ATB?  Not even close.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2008, 05:34:38 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 02, 2008, 05:32:31 PM

ORLY? How so?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 05:43:51 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 05:34:38 PM

ORLY? How so?

Because without my seal of approval a game may be good, but it'll never be fabulousFabulous

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 02, 2008, 05:43:51 PM

ORLY? How so?

Because without my seal of approval a game may be good, but it'll never be fabulousFabulous

Possible, but Proner is no Peterock.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2008, 05:59:50 PM »

I definitely can't put L4D in contention of GoTY.  SR2 coop, CoD5 coop, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 all blow it away imo.  Add in CoD5 zombie coop and versus and I simply don't see L4D competing.

I regret my purchase of it. I've seen plenty of examples of cohesive teamwork in CoD5 that feels natural.  I applaud them on what they did with L4D though, in the way that it encourages teamwork even in pugs.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2008, 06:04:43 PM »

ORLY? How so?

Because I played it, and was wholly underwhelmed.

The graphics aren't the greatest, the controls are loose and at times unresponsive/frustrating, the music is grating in a bad way (not a spooky/scary way), the story is lacking....

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 02, 2008, 06:04:43 PM

ORLY? How so?

The graphics aren't the greatest, the controls are loose and at times unresponsive/frustrating, the music is grating in a bad way (not a spooky/scary way), the story is lacking....

Graphics are fine. Controls seem pretty tight to me and responsive. I don't even notice the music. Also, the story is zombies and killing said zombies- nothing else is needed. 
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 06:13:33 PM

ORLY? How so?

Graphics are fine. Controls seem pretty tight to me and responsive. I don't even notice the music. Also, the story is zombies and killing said zombies- nothing else is needed. 

You have your opinion.  I have mine.  And mine (that it isn't GOTY material) is far closer to the majority opinion than yours.   thumbsup

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2008, 06:24:24 PM »

You guys are full of crazy.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2008, 06:29:11 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 02, 2008, 06:16:00 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 06:13:33 PM

ORLY? How so?

You have your opinion.  I have mine.  And mine (that it isn't GOTY material) is far closer to the majority opinion than yours.   thumbsup

Well as long as you can gain comfort by being in lockstep with the majority...but I would counter ORLY? and ORLY?!

Seems like you're not of the majority. Quick! Change your opinion so you be validated and fit in again!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 06:31:11 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »

89% != GOTY.

Look at the links you provided.  Of the XBox360 2008 releases, L4D ranks as 10th on Game Rankings.

Also, on Metacritic, the user rating is a big fat 7.0 out of 10.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »

I've learned to take Sensuous's claims of "GAME OF THE YEARROXXORZOMGHI2UWTFBBQ" with a grain of salt.  When objectively weighing other offerings released in 2008, Left4Dead actually pales in comparison.  Fallout 3 is a perfect example of a much more complete and worthy candidate.  I've found that Sensuous's Game of the Year contenders depend upon what he is currently playing and enjoying at the moment. 

Cases in point:

Braid

Battle Front: Bad Company

Fallout 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

But ultimately what does it matter?  A number of us were underwhelmed by Left4Dead.  Many are enjoying it.  Some may consider it GOTY material, others obviously do not.  I personally do not think that it is a polished enough game offering anything groundbreaking or new, nor does it even refine the genre enough to make any large steps forward.  It may be a good game, and it certainly sounds like others have enjoyed playing, but I feel it takes far more than a simplified MP experience to earn a Game of the Year nomination.  And most GOTY candidates earn pretty close to universal praise.  Left4Dead certainly falls short in this respect.   

But the Left4Dead Defense Force is welcome to disagree. 

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 02, 2008, 06:55:47 PM

I've learned to take Sensuous's claims of "GAME OF THE YEARROXXORZOMGHI2UWTFBBQ" with a grain of salt.  When objectively weighing other offerings released in 2008, Left4Dead actually pales in comparison.  Fallout 3 is a perfect example of a much more complete and worthy candidate.  I've found that Sensuous's Game of the Year contenders depend upon what he is currently playing and enjoying at the moment. 

My brother said pretty much the same thing in an AIM conversation we were having about an hour ago.  Glad to see this is an opinion shared by others.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »

Cases in point:

Braid

Fallout 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Wow Pete.  That is some solid research.   icon_biggrin

Concerning Left 4 Dead I am in the camp of enjoying it very much but still being a little underwhelmed.  Even though I expected it to be great given Valve's track record and pre release previews, I wish it had more content and greater variety in boss enemies

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2008, 07:13:28 PM »

If Pete ever got into editing Wikipedia, he'd never come out the other side.  They would have to rename it Wiki-Pete-ia.  They'd find him slumped over his keyboard, empty bottle of bourbon at his elbow, three pages into an explanation over the finer points of the proper drinking glass as it effects the taste and experience of your finer beverages.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »

Cases in point:

Braid

Fallout 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Wow I just looked up "Owned" in the dictionary and this post was there.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 02, 2008, 06:59:32 PM

My brother said pretty much the same thing in an AIM conversation we were having about an hour ago.  Glad to see this is an opinion shared by others.

And my intent wasn't to take a shot at Sensuous.  I just think that when he enjoys a game, he really enjoys it and oftentimes so much so that he considers it to be GOTY material.  If only I could gain that much enjoyment out of so many games.  But his nominations seem to depend on his current playlist and what he may be enjoying at the moment.  But I don't think this is limited to just Sensuous.  I think we all follow a similar trend to some extent as our GOTY nominees entirely depend on when quality games are released, as many of us may change our nominations based upon more recent quality games being released in time for the holidays.  

But I think Sensuous also proclaims "bestezt gaame evarz" more often than most.   icon_wink

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »

I've learned to take Sensuous's claims of "GAME OF THE YEARROXXORZOMGHI2UWTFBBQ" with a grain of salt.  When objectively weighing other offerings released in 2008, Left4Dead actually pales in comparison. [/url]

And you're basing this off what? Your time with the demo?

Fallout 3 is a perfect example of a much more complete and worthy candidate.  

A game that you didn't like right out of the gate is a more complete GOTY candidate?

Which one of those is not a legit GOTY?

Braid has never been done before.
BF:BC still has the best MP out there and the best I've ever played.
Fallout 3 is still the leader for my GOTY
MGS4 has some of the best moments in gaming and the best boss fight I've ever played.

And I never said L4D was GOTY, I said it has a shot at being a candidate.

Quote from: pr0ner on December 02, 2008, 06:50:28 PM

89% != GOTY.

Look at the links you provided.  Of the XBox360 2008 releases, L4D ranks as 10th on Game Rankings.

Also, on Metacritic, the user rating is a big fat 7.0 out of 10.

10th out of 134 titles released this year. 25th all time on the 360.  That's pretty good company.

And citing user ratings, not sure anyone considers those a valid measurement of anything.  

Gears2 has a user rating of 6.6, Little Big Planet a 6.2. COD5 has a 7.6 and a lower score on metacritic than L4D.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:20:43 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »

this may get a nod for best coop or something, but not overall goty.  if the mp was on top of a full developed sp game world sandbox style with rpg elements and a storyline, then i could see it getting better awards.  

onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »

Picked this up last night for the 360...please add aliebling to your friends lists and grab me for a game.  have only played with a group of relatively useless randoms so far and it was still a blast!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 07:18:17 PM

I've learned to take Sensuous's claims of "GAME OF THE YEARROXXORZOMGHI2UWTFBBQ" with a grain of salt.  When objectively weighing other offerings released in 2008, Left4Dead actually pales in comparison. [/url]

And you're basing this off what? Your time with the demo?

No, as I've mentioned, I have played the full version with Knightshade.  I based my opinion on a few hours of play with the actual game, which I think at least qualifies my views as being no more or less valid as your own.

Fallout 3 is a perfect example of a much more complete and worthy candidate.  

A game that you didn't like right out of the gate is a more complete GOTY candidate?

And here is where you don't understand the term "objective", nor where my complaints stemmed from.  I didn't enjoy the game's prologue, or training level.  I felt it was drawn out and longer than needed.  But never did I say I didn't like the game.  And I can make an objective GOTY determination outside of my dislike for the game's beginning.

Which one of those is not a legit GOTY?

Braid has never been done before.
BF:BC still has the best MP out there and the best I've ever played.
Fallout 3, a game you don't like, is still the leader for my GOTY
MGS4 has some of the best moments in gaming and the best boss fight I've ever played.

And I never said L4D was GOTY, I said it has a shot at being a candidate.

I just think you proclaim "bestest game evarz" a little too often, as demonstrated in my examples.  I would disagree that BF:BC is the best MP game out there, and I did not state that I disliked Fallout 3, just a portion of it, and at the time I wasn't as impressed right out of the gate as others.

Your excessive use of superlatives undermines your reoccuring claims of GOTY.  You can only cry "bestest game evarz" for so many titles before people like me start taking your impressions with a grain of salt.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »

10th out of 134 titles released this year. 25th all time on the 360.  That's pretty good company.

And citing user ratings, not sure anyone considers those a valid measurement of anything.  

Gears2 has a user rating of 6.6, Little Big Planet a 6.2. COD5 has a 7.6 and a lower score on metacritic than L4D.  

But I'm not the one calling every game I get excited about GOTY.

In fact, I don't think I've called any game GOTY.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2008, 07:37:34 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 02, 2008, 07:28:09 PM

And you're basing this off what?

No, as I've mentioned, I have played the full version with Knightshade.  I based my opinion on a few hours of play with the actual game, which I think at least qualifies my views as being no more or less valid as your own.

My mistake.

I just think you proclaim "bestest game evarz" a little too often, as demonstrated in my examples.  I would disagree that BF:BC is the best MP game out there, and I did not state that I disliked Fallout 3, just a portion of it, and at the time I wasn't as impressed right out of the gate as others.

Your excessive use of superlatives undermines your reoccuring claims of GOTY.  You can only cry "bestest game evarz" for so many titles before people like me start taking your impressions with a grain of salt.

Not sure where I've proclaimed any game bestest ever- as perfection was reached with Disciples2.  

But, when you watch/read sites GOTY voting/recaps there are multiple candidates that roll up into the final discussion.  I've stated GOTY potential for 5 games all year. How is that too often?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:42:02 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »

This is one of the most disheartening threads I've read on this forum outside of Religion & Politics in a long time.  ATB says a game may be a candidate for GOTY, provides various descriptions of his play experiences to justify that, never takes issue with those with a contrary opinion on the game, yet somehow still has his personal gaming opinions come under attack.  Personally I think it was completely uncalled for and inappropriate.  
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2008, 07:39:54 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 02, 2008, 07:36:03 PM

And because your support for your baseless claim didn't make any sense whatsoever, you've abandoned it and have deflected to one you didn't even think of.  Well done sir.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:42:38 PM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 02, 2008, 07:37:40 PM

This is one of the most disheartening threads I've read on this forum outside of Religion & Politics in a long time.  ATB says a game may be a candidate for GOTY, provides various descriptions of his play experiences to justify that, never takes issue with those with a contrary opinion on the game, yet somehow still has his personal gaming opinions come under attack.  Personally I think it was completely uncalled for and inappropriate.  

No, initially others have merely disagreed with his opinions on the game.  And impressions threads are in essence a combination of everyone's personal gaming opinions, not just Sensuous's.  And if I remember correctly, even my own personal gaming opinions regarding Left4Dead came under fire earlier in this thread.  I merely went so far as to also qualify my perspective.

Sensuous is a grown man.  He can defend his own personal gaming opinions just like the rest of us.  And we're all free to agree or disagree with them as we see fit.  After all, impressions are based upon personal gaming opinions.  There's no need to defend one's opinions over another's.   
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:48:36 PM by PeteRock » Logged

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 07:39:54 PM

And because your support for your baseless claim didn't make any sense whatsoever, you've abandoned it and have deflected to one you didn't even think of.  Well done sir.

So you can deflect by bringing other games rankings into the mix to defend the links you chose, but I can't deflect using an opinion my brother and I talked about before Pete brought it up on this thread?

Whatever.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 02, 2008, 07:50:37 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 07:39:54 PM

So you can deflect by bringing other games rankings into the mix to defend the links you chose, but I can't deflect using an opinion my brother and I talked about before Pete brought it up on this thread?

Whatever.

I accept your concession.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: