http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 07:25:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League of Legends - Free to Play  (Read 39347 times)
Ascendent
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 24, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »

Still playing, I'm in the US username is Brostada feel free to add me if you see me online.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 24, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »

Wanderers group still playing, hanging out in the chat channel TheWanderers to form groups.  A few OO/GT folks play with us as well.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 25, 2012, 03:12:06 AM »

I'm a total noob so will need some help tips thx.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 25, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »

Quote from: pingwrx on December 25, 2012, 03:12:06 AM

I'm a total noob so will need some help tips thx.

Ok first of the game plays very differently when you start to when you hit level 30. In some ways it can be a lot more fun you can experiment a lot which seems to go to an extent at higher levels.

I placed a load of resources on page 1 of this thread

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18105400

Until you get to level 20 try not to waste ip, so don't buy runes - level 3 long terms are the only ones worth having. Masteries just pick what you like to see the effect they have - you can reset them and have multiple sets so it is fine to experiment.

Try to use as many different champions as you can, this will stand you in good stead later on - find the type that suit you.

Gaming streams can be worth watching or spectate others to get a feel for the game flow. Try not to play too much coop, it's very easy and whilst it helps to learn champs it bears no reflection to the game. I can absolutely own in coop but am a average player at best against others.

Other tips, it feels like the target is to get your minions to the opponents tower as quickly as possible. However the trick is controlling where the minions meet and if possible get the minions closer to your tower. That gives you the protection of your tower. A real noob mistake is to push like mad to the other tower - you miss last hits, will talk on that in a min and then you are open to being ganked (ambushed) by the enemy team. Also remember that if you are hitting an enemy champion in range of their tower it will direct its fire on you.

Last hits, if you kill the enemy minion you get the gold for it, getting gold is essential in the game so you time the last hit on the minion to try and ensure you get the gold. Conversely you want to be thinking about the enemy champions movement and trying to disuade him from the last hit and effectively reducing his gold flow in the game. Gold is everything in the game - it is a snowball game, more gold means more advantage.

Item wise in shop I would go with recommended items till you get comfortable with it.

Best tip is watch(spectate) one of us in game - it will still play different at a low level but the concepts will still be true and will help.

Actually playing with us till you are plus 10 and really plus 20 is quite difficult as rune and mastery advantage cannot be over stated and if you play with our premade teams the system then effectively treats you at our level and matches accordingly.

I have been playing the game now for 3 years, it is an incredibly satisfying social experience and seems to suit all sorts. I like playing with other people I know so I will generally only play in a team I know. Others like the challenge to improve their ratings.

Best tip, run the tutorial, play a coop game and then dive into pvp summonses rift where the true game is.

Post any questions smile

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 25, 2012, 03:30:38 PM »

Thx for the tips Tals  gonna save my all my ip for runes later on gonna try to put all your tips to use lot to remember.

PS3-PS4 pingwrx
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 07, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »

Quote from: pingwrx on December 25, 2012, 03:30:38 PM

Thx for the tips Tals  gonna save my all my ip for runes later on gonna try to put all your tips to use lot to remember.

Are you still playing?  I think I saw you once a week ago. 

BTW you can autojoin custom chat channels by clicking the widget in the chat window and checking autojoin.  We had a lot of people on last night.  Usually if we get more than 5 players who want to play, we do custom aram matches.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:35 PM »

I'm slowly learning been playing and trying out the free champions and reading the forums at mobafire.

PS3-PS4 pingwrx
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 08, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »

Still playing. Over two years. Still going strong. My mains are now Graves and Alistar. Just unlocked Khaziz, though he's underwhelming. No end in sight to my LoL fever. smile
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 09, 2013, 01:03:11 AM »

I ended up naming this my game of the year for 2012 even though it's old.  Crazy to think about how many hours I've played.  I have over 1700 matches that were counted on one account, plus another 2 alt accounts.  So say 2000 matches at about an average of half hour each - 1000 hours  eek  I don't want to calculate further and creep myself out.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: January 09, 2013, 03:40:27 AM »

My mains are Rammus, Soraka, and Rengar, I haven't played in many months, but I don't consider myself out of the game, rather, it's just something I'll come back to every now and then.

I want to pickup another tank or fighter, and Rammus is the only one I like so far. I may try Vi.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 13, 2013, 06:00:34 AM »

just what the game needed:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:36 PM »

Teemo!!!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: