http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 03:53:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League of Legends - Free to Play  (Read 36531 times)
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2010, 06:53:39 AM »

Agreed, I love the flow of the game and the different stages it gives. If I'm going to play I tend to reserve an hour but from the stats(lolstats) I think my average game length is 35 mins and I play mainly 5v5. Shortest game I've had is 19 mins. I thought 3v3's should generally be under half an hour

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:43 PM »

I had to go afk for 10 minutes, we were down 5 to 30 or so then this happened...

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2010, 08:07:07 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 28, 2010, 08:00:43 PM

I had to go afk for 10 minutes, we were down 5 to 30 or so then this happened...

Good Jeebus, what the hell happened? They camped your spawn point and griefed you repeatedly for 10 mins?!!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2010, 10:12:49 PM »

my deaths are from me playing like shit slywink

the point is that we came back and won the game because they were good at ganking, but shite at pushing towers.

I've never seen a game with this many kills/deaths.  was crazy. 
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 28, 2010, 10:12:49 PM

my deaths are from me playing like shit slywink

the point is that we came back and won the game because they were good at ganking, but shite at pushing towers.

I've never seen a game with this many kills/deaths.  was crazy. 

Yep... as I believe we discussed Hark... Kills don't mean squat.  Sure they are fun but they don't win matches.  I count myself lucky when against a squad that shortsighted! ^_^
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2010, 11:51:33 PM »

I love that Falchion died 29 times and never gave up smile
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2010, 05:02:38 AM »

That's one of the aspects I love that you can dig in and as long as you hold your inhibitor towers you always have a chance. We had a game where we were winning. Went through the middle and instead of then wiping all the inhibitor towers/inhibitors we went for the crown towers. Bad mistake we had over extended and died. Then they steamed the other way and took all our inhibitors- almost impossible to stop the tide with 3 inhibs down

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »

Quote from: Chesspieceface on July 28, 2010, 11:29:46 PM

Yep... as I believe we discussed Hark... Kills don't mean squat.  Sure they are fun but they don't win matches.  I count myself lucky when against a squad that shortsighted! ^_^

Oh I don't know about that.  Kills mean a lot.  But a team has to know how to exploit the advantage they have after a kill.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »

Quote from: skystride on July 29, 2010, 05:04:09 PM

Oh I don't know about that.  Kills mean a lot.  But a team has to know how to exploit the advantage they have after a kill.

Kills mean something.. but if you're not pushing or farming after you get a kill, you're not playing well. I played one more game last night after all the Wanderers went to bed, a 3v3, and we were winning it in the middle. But, ultimately, the other two dudes in the PUG just failed to push whenever we killed the two big heroes on the other team--Ryze and the Mummy dude--so we got rolled. The Mummy dude gets lots of health and armor at high levels, and Ryze is just a huge nuker.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »

Quote from: skystride on July 29, 2010, 05:04:09 PM

Yeah that last game we played last night was interesting.  It was the first time I've been on the reverse side where our team had a lot more kills in the early game.  About 15(?) minutes in we were up in kills quite a bit and the one pick up guy we had made a comment about it was interesting that we had more kills but were being pushed further in tower-wise.  Turned out to be prophetic as the game wore on, we held up on the kill end but they kept pushing our towers; eventually one guy playing Xin back-doored and took out critical towers while we tried to make a push, and then we ended up losing once the super minions were unleashed. 

The frustrating part for me was that I knew we should be doing more with our kills, but I still don't feel comfortable within the game knowing (and then telling the team) where/when to push.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »

On a side note, I believe they are starting a Double IP weekend tomorrow.  Hopefully it doesn't crash the servers again  icon_wink
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 03, 2010, 12:45:59 AM »

I know this is a League of Legends thread but I figured I would throw out that Heroes of Newerth is free until August 9th. Haven't tryed the game myself but might be interesting to check out and see the contrasts.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 03, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »

Quote from: Abaddon on August 03, 2010, 12:45:59 AM

I know this is a League of Legends thread but I figured I would throw out that Heroes of Newerth is free until August 9th. Haven't tryed the game myself but might be interesting to check out and see the contrasts.

Depends what you want out of your gaming tbh. Since Hon pushed it's SEA userbase to Garena and forced only paying customers to use it the customer base has been dropping dramatically (if Xfire stats can be trusted). HoN is more hardcore and Hon players would have you believe that is a good thing and good luck to anyone who is just an average player - the user base is possibly the worst since Dota which it pretty much mirrors. I found the graphics pretty but quite hard to make out. Be interested in your impressions but i think there is a HoN thread - or if there isn't there should be. reasonably large thread on OO

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 17, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaiqmvUPEsU

hon vs lol vid
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 18, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »

Umm I guess its supposed to be funny, but its just a lame attempt at flamebait by HoN fanboys. Now if they take this cartoon and use it to make fun of the insular/prick hardcore fanbase of HoN then they might have something.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 18, 2010, 06:41:40 AM »

Quote from: Jumangi on August 18, 2010, 12:46:32 AM

Umm I guess its supposed to be funny, but its just a lame attempt at flamebait by HoN fanboys. Now if they take this cartoon and use it to make fun of the insular/prick hardcore fanbase of HoN then they might have something.

Jum are you playing the game? Although this thread is quite quiet Hark and I are both playing, he is on the US servers and i'm on Euro we both have good communities set up. Always welcome new people into the fold. Euro side we have 10+ on most nights between 6pm to midnight and a mumble server

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 18, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on August 18, 2010, 12:46:32 AM

the thread was actually made by a fan of LoL, not HoN, but whatever.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:19 PM »

Funny vid... but have you read the hateful comments from HoN fans under it? Jeebus, so much acid! I don't care about HoN. I'm having tremendous fun with LoL, there are many of us playing it (Hark, Tals, and whole bunch of other peeps.. go to the Wanderers Guild site and join us!), game is easy to learn but quite hard to master.... and, lastly, yes goddamn it--It's Free!!!!!  icon_razz
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 18, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »

Saw this insult posted by a Riot employee in a thread entitled 'best insult you've seen in game'

Your Mom is like a free to play game. You can unlock her with effort, but it's a lot quicker just to pay $5
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 24, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

I've started dabbling with this game and I have some questions for those who have been playing for a while.

What are some easy champions for a beginner to use?  I've been using Ashe and dieing alot so far.  She seems easy to use due to her lang ranged attacks but she is so fragile that I die before I even realize I am getting attacked sometimes.

Is there a way get access to the non free champions without paying for them?

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 24, 2010, 02:14:25 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on August 24, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

I've started dabbling with this game and I have some questions for those who have been playing for a while.

What are some easy champions for a beginner to use?  I've been using Ashe and dieing alot so far.  She seems easy to use due to her lang ranged attacks but she is so fragile that I die before I even realize I am getting attacked sometimes.

Is there a way get access to the non free champions without paying for them?

Ashe is squishy, but she moves very fast. She can't kill enemy champs on the lower levels, but she can kill tons of minions from afar and attack and bring down towers and inhibitors from afar.. so that's her best strategy. Once she gets her ultimate (the big fat stunning arrow.. which you've to be careful to aim and use) then you can bring down enemy champs--with a bit of assistance--on the playing field. She also gets money fast (as you level up the E ability).. which allows you buy powerful, expensive items.

You get access to the non-free champions by playing and winning matches and getting IP points. The more you win, the more IP points you get, the more champs you can unlock.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »

With ashe I find playing her agressively works well. Volley followed by the autoattack will take chunks out of your opponent. Also I use teleport as my first spell - send the crystal arrow from the nexus and teleport to its desired location for a quick gank - particularly if you have just got a bf sword. Also ignite is a very good spell as it encourages a more agressive play which is good for a lot of champs. Alistair is also quite easy as he is a real tank and loves to soak up the damage. Generally though experiment what some might find difficult you may find easy dependant on play style. Also get into one of the forum groups they provide a far more rewarding play for players who want to have fun but arn't necessarily pro

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on August 24, 2010, 02:14:25 PM

You get access to the non-free champions by playing and winning matches and getting IP points. The more you win, the more IP points you get, the more champs you can unlock.

They also rotate the free champs every week so you can eventually try all of them.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 25, 2010, 06:28:34 AM »

Interesting tip I learnt last night, if you have banshee's veil then when Twisted does his all seeing ult he can't see you! He only see's you if you are within range of one of your allies.

500+ hours in this game and I still learn new stuff.

Had a great game with ROTC and others, we were down on the kills quite significantly (+10) from the laning phase but as we moved into team fights we changed it to a positive kill ratio and got the win - very rewarding, game is awesome when it goes like that
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:39:51 AM by Tals » Logged

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2010, 09:14:24 PM »

Hark or anyone else around, on US server as Euro servers are seriously broken, about to start a game in 5 mins (talsworthy)

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 10, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »

OK i've updated the initial post to make it more up to date. ROTC and I are playing this regularly on EU and a whole bunch of QT3 and GWJ guys are playing this on US (I do have a US account as well).

If anyone in here got sucked into Demigod - this is way way better smile

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 11, 2010, 04:25:15 PM »

A small group of us at The Wanderers boards are still playing on the US servers. I just came back to the game after a couple of weeks break.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 11, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on October 11, 2010, 04:25:15 PM

A small group of us at The Wanderers boards are still playing on the US servers. I just came back to the game after a couple of weeks break.

Do you use VOIP - I never found an IP address after joining frown

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 11, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »

Quote from: Tals on October 11, 2010, 05:28:55 PM

We have a Vent server. Is this what you're referring to? I can give you the address.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 11, 2010, 06:02:35 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on October 11, 2010, 05:57:18 PM

Quote from: Tals on October 11, 2010, 05:28:55 PM

We have a Vent server. Is this what you're referring to? I can give you the address.

If you can pm it that would be appreciated, I sometimes play on the US so will fire it up whenever I do smile

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 11, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »

Oddly enough this game has become one of the longest running Wanderer games, our pool of 10+ people still plays pretty much nightly from around 8pm-1am EST, even later on weekends.  Sorry about the Vent info, I will sticky it into the League of Legends forum.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2010, 12:13:03 AM »

new champion!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2010, 05:25:57 AM »

Lol if you post new champion every time its released you're be posting at worst every other week smile

Ritchard, I'd agree I've now been playing this game since january and still love it - I do need to experiment with champions but ashe is so lovely smile I need to join the wanderers on vent when our channel is low as I have us and euro accounts.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 28, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »

I've now been playing since mid-July, and have probably missed only a few nights when I didn't get in at least 1 game.  Some really big games have released to distract me, but LoL still keeps bringing me back.  If you asked me to properly describe the exact addictive quality, I probably wouldn't be able to.  But the combination of everything they are doing just seems to work for me.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 28, 2010, 06:05:48 PM

I've now been playing since mid-July, and have probably missed only a few nights when I didn't get in at least 1 game.  Some really big games have released to distract me, but LoL still keeps bringing me back.  If you asked me to properly describe the exact addictive quality, I probably wouldn't be able to.  But the combination of everything they are doing just seems to work for me.

tals goes wandering to wanderers forum to make sure his vent is setup smile Likewise I play most nights, for me it's the community feel - without the mumble setup I may or may still be playing but this way it's been great smile

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 29, 2010, 05:28:42 PM »

Message from craterus at OO looking for buddies 3v3 on US servers

i have created a 3v3 channel for LoL - only a couple of people use it at this point, but if you are interested in setting up 3v3 teams so that you can play the game with a reduced chance of having a ragequitter - please make it one of your default channels when you join the game (use the join channel and specify 3v3... then hit the gear at upper right corner and click a box so that it will open up automatically when you log in).

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 03, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »

Hey Hark, since you are away, I've been loaning your Malphite.  He's awesome; the last game I dominated my 1v2 lane against Temmo + Gragas.  Ended the game with something like 12-2-19.  Don't worry, I promise to polish the granite shell every day so he will be like brand new if you ever want him back slywink
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 03, 2010, 10:18:43 PM »

Quote from: skystride on December 03, 2010, 05:53:00 PM

Hey Hark, since you are away, I've been loaning your Malphite.  He's awesome; the last game I dominated my 1v2 lane against Temmo + Gragas.  Ended the game with something like 12-2-19.  Don't worry, I promise to polish the granite shell every day so he will be like brand new if you ever want him back slywink

Sky - if you don't mind hopping over to Euro we have a group (20ish) who play on that or hop to QT3 and they have a US group as well

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2010, 05:11:24 AM »

Quote from: Tals on December 03, 2010, 10:18:43 PM

Sky - if you don't mind hopping over to Euro we have a group (20ish) who play on that or hop to QT3 and they have a US group as well

Sure, I'll check in with you guys sometime.  Right now there's usually a lot of Wanderers playing on the US server who I team up with.  I wonder though how many people will be left when Cataclysm is out.

I already have the euro client installed.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 04, 2010, 08:11:28 AM »

OK mumble details are here:

IP 85.236.100.59
port 8187

Password I will pm you - anyone in GT is welcome to join just send me a pm.

As I say between UK Time 6pm-Midnight there is usually anything up to 25 people on and we set the server up as a way of people joining up. We have a few US and non Euro's join us - including ROTC smile

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: