http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 10:32:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League of Legends - Free to Play  (Read 37667 times)
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »

Those of you who
1. Participate in LoL US beta
2. Live in Europe

Can participate in EU beta too, by sending GOA (European publisher of LoL) a mail. Details here: http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2052
Just sent my mail. Latency will be smaller playing on EU servers, but i don't think it matters much in these kind of games with client-server architecture, but sure it won't hurt too smile

Add me: Raptr: Kossak, Steam: Kossak
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »

You can prepurchase HoN now for 30$ and by doing so you gain:

Reserve Your Beta Nickname and Account
Ability to Taunt In Game
Special In-Game Icon
Unique Chat Name Color
Beta Invites For Your Friends

So, who of you is going to buy it now? I don't know... i think to myself, that 30$ is bit too much.

Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:10 AM »

i don't like the community and s2 encourage it so they can forget any money from me. I also prefer lol and imho dg and lol

On that note I have 3 lol beta keys. I was going to give montag one, disconnected the other so I have a spare one so if anyone wants it holler but I reserve the right to be picky smile

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2009, 08:11:25 AM »

everyone got 3 invites so we can invite somebody, just tell us smile

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »

Even if I had the money, I think I would pass on HoN and buy LoL (which is free so I don't have to).

I love the graphics of HoN more compared to LoL, and I suppose it's really a superior game, but the community and the developers aren't really what I am looking for like Tals said.
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2009, 11:52:35 AM »

i bought HoN, i think the game is starting to be very enjoyable for me (despite my K/D ratio smile)

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »

Quote from: Kossak on August 26, 2009, 11:52:35 AM

i bought HoN, i think the game is starting to be very enjoyable for me (despite my K/D ratio smile)

I find that amusing since you wouldn't even play with us half the time  icon_twisted
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 26, 2009, 12:14:23 PM

Quote from: Kossak on August 26, 2009, 11:52:35 AM

I find that amusing since you wouldn't even play with us half the time  icon_twisted

yea i know smile i just didn't gave it enough time, because demigod was taking almost all my free time. But when i played HoN (in breaks from Demigod) a bit more it started to be more and more enjoyable. Now i'm playing both of them - depends on what friends are online smile

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »

I have no intention of ever getting HON unless I see a change in attitude from the community which currently the devs appear to revel in. Lol strangely I would probably buy even though I know its a free to play but tbh demigod and ai wars are keeping me happy for the month. That said not played dg for a few weeks

Tals

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »

Should say mo not month

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2009, 01:19:20 PM »

i'm not expecting the change of HoN community. I'm playing with friends and then it's fun smile. When i play pubs i'll try to tell some people (if necessary) to f*** off, mute them and play further biggrin. Fortunately not all the people are from dota community.

baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

Where can I find more info regarding HoN? The website is just a picture, links to other games, and a Facebook app. I'm interested in comparing the two, and seeing exactly what is going on between them.

Tals, what is wrong with the community? That sounds very ominous when all of you talk like that... Is it some sort of Griefer cult?

Signed up for the LoL beta, hopefully they are still accepting people. I like the characters they have listed, all of them sound twisted and fun!

BTW, do any of these have an AI or SP component like Demigod? I'm too lazy to look on my own...

Bael
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »

Quote from: baelthazar on August 26, 2009, 02:58:00 PM

Where can I find more info regarding HoN? The website is just a picture, links to other games, and a Facebook app. I'm interested in comparing the two, and seeing exactly what is going on between them.

Tals, what is wrong with the community? That sounds very ominous when all of you talk like that... Is it some sort of Griefer cult?

Signed up for the LoL beta, hopefully they are still accepting people. I like the characters they have listed, all of them sound twisted and fun!

BTW, do any of these have an AI or SP component like Demigod? I'm too lazy to look on my own...

Bael

most infos are on the HoN forum, but you have to be registred to read the forum. You can see movie explaining basics on their facebook page, besides try the google smile.
The community is very unfriendly to new people. I think that's because the game is very team oriented and if you have noob in your team that dies too often, not only he makes his team weaker, but he makes the opposite team stronger (by giving them gold/experience). So people who take the game too seriously just yell at noobs, call their names etc. There are many people who just don't know how to play in other way than cursing on weaker teammates.

in LoL you can play with AI champions. in HoN there's no AI other than creeps. But you can set yourself a private lobby and play it alone, see all the items/heroes and kill some creeps.

baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »

Thanks Kossak! That was all I needed to know to pull HoN right off my radar. Looks like I'll be checking out LoL pretty intently - I'm wondering how they will improve the DotA formula while being drastically different/better than Demigod.

Bael
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2009, 07:39:16 PM »

Yep Kossak has it, unfortunately it came from Dota - whereas Lol has worked on sorting it out Hon has if anything encouraged it. So if you join a game - even a noob game you maybe kicked before even playing and whilst playing you could get abuse for feeding the team or even find yourself being ganked because you are an easy target.

S2 always seem to make wrong calls - Hon isn't one of them but how they deal with their community isn't and I am not going to encourage this dev to think it is ok

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2009, 07:39:44 PM »

Quote from: baelthazar on August 26, 2009, 07:38:58 PM

Thanks Kossak! That was all I needed to know to pull HoN right off my radar. Looks like I'll be checking out LoL pretty intently - I'm wondering how they will improve the DotA formula while being drastically different/better than Demigod.

Bael

I have a beta key pm me your email address if you want one

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »

I think this might be interesting to all of us, regarding HoN:
S2 is currently working on local practise mode! You will be able to spawn any heroes (AI) on the map, give gold, experience, spawn units, change heroes etc.
Thats gonna be great for all novices (me smile) for practising

source: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=15203

btw. i am still noob but the game doesn't let me play noob tier because i hit level 4, grrr
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:15:32 AM by Kossak » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2009, 02:40:29 AM »

a new video for Heroes of Newerth.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2009, 07:55:48 AM »

Nice vid. I didn't thought the game will be so great if i give it more time and try harder smile I play with few friends, pub and private games (to learn heroes), if someone wants to join us, my ingame name is "Kossak"

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »

new patch:
Version 0.1.41
--------------
General:
- Added Practice mode. To access practice mode, create a game online with the server set to "practice"
- Fixed a couple pathing routes through the trees near the Hellbourne secret stop on Forests of Caldavar
- Leaver threshold changed to 8% (from 10%)
- (...)

didn't try it yet, but there's at last practise mode! smile

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2009, 06:42:41 AM »

HoN NDA lifted, home page is up and running: http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/
(eghm, now it has some mysql problems but should be up again soon)

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2009, 07:19:19 AM »

I just got in the LoL closed beta, will probably try a game tomorrow, would appreciate pointers.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2009, 07:38:11 AM »

I have a spare beta key if anyone would want it. US ver

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »

I would love to try LOL. Pm sent

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2009, 06:59:49 AM »

Quote from: pingwrx on September 12, 2009, 09:38:58 PM

I would love to try LOL. Pm sent

Sent smile

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »

Anyone have a key for either LoL or HoN?
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »

Exciting Developments in HoN

S2 has recently revealed what it is focusing on in its next patch Ė along with the development of new heroes, there are a number of new features they hope to include in the next round of beta-testing.

They hope to include a new spectator and replay-watching interface, with detailed information panels and loads of options to enhance the viewing experience.
Every HoN match played will be available to view as a replay; also all the match statistics will be viewable; however to view those games played in beta, you will need to pre-purchase your account.

Heroes of Newerth will soon have automated match-making systems using stats and PSR to put together teams. Only individual and 5-man team play will be enabled, however. There will also be a tournament system made with loads of amazing features.

There will be a new shop incorporated into the HoN gameplay interface: recommended items. No longer will we see incorrect builds on people who donít know how to play their heroes!
source: http://heroes-newerth.com/general/exciting-developments-in-hon

Amazing is that you will be able to watch any HoN game. And there were 4.2 millions matches played already(!).
Open beta is around the corner too. For me this game is one of the best games ever if not the best. I wonder if somebody from GT community is still playing it? smile

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »

Currently in xfire it's in the top 10 of most played games worldwide. Incredible as it is still in beta. I do need to review it again

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »

Quote from: Tals on September 18, 2009, 03:03:52 PM

Currently in xfire it's in the top 10 of most played games worldwide. Incredible as it is still in beta. I do need to review it again

that would be great. I usually play with 2 friends from PL, one of them got nervous yesterday when he died 15 times in a row and said he won't play it again biggrin. But i see him playing HoN now smile. I can't play today, but if you would like tommorow or whenever, we have xfire to hook up. It would be really nice to play together again smile

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2009, 06:45:09 PM »

At the month my game time is chocker. Dg is possibly more likely but I am keeping an eye on it. I hear the community still sucks though

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »

Quote from: Tals on September 19, 2009, 06:45:09 PM

At the month my game time is chocker. Dg is possibly more likely but I am keeping an eye on it. I hear the community still sucks though

the community? in general yes - and i woudn't expect it will ever change smile. But i don't see much rude people now, or maybe me and my friends just got used to it? Or maybe it's because i usually make lobby for noobs only and kick everyone who are not noob? maybe smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »

there's a new map coming to the beta for LoL.

Because I can,
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2009, 02:53:31 AM »

Does anyone have any extra keys they have laying around?
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2009, 05:45:27 AM »

Quote from: naednek on October 21, 2009, 02:53:31 AM

Does anyone have any extra keys they have laying around?

I have 2 Hon Invites and 5 Lol (US) invites

Send me a pm with your email and i'll shoot them over (Goes for anyone else that wants one) Naed has first dibs on them obviously

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:54 AM »

if someone of you plays HoN (like me) join LC clan - Legion Civilized - for normal, civilized people, that won't rage at you when you do sth wrong smile. Skill level is not important, only important is that you can control yourself and behave nice in games smile

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2009, 07:53:51 AM »

Quote from: Kossak on October 21, 2009, 06:51:54 AM

if someone of you plays HoN (like me) join LC clan - Legion Civilized - for normal, civilized people, that won't rage at you when you do sth wrong smile. Skill level is not important, only important is that you can control yourself and behave nice in games smile

I may have to check that out, thank you smile

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2009, 09:17:28 AM »

Quote from: Tals on October 21, 2009, 07:53:51 AM

I may have to check that out, thank you smile

if you would like to play HoN and join this clan i can vouch for you, so you would become LC member sooner smile. Normally it is required to play few in-houses with LC before becoming member (nobody is checking your skills, just cheking your manners smile).
New people would want to chat in our second channel "lc-rec". You can join it by typig (in game): "/j lc-rec" and ask if there are any IH starting and if you can join them. We have few hundreds of members (the biggest clan in HoN) and quite many of them are willing to help noobs to get started in the game. Besides you can ask during the game (for example what items to buy) and nice people will answer your questions smile

-- EDIT --
new members check this: http://lc-clan.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=249&page=1#Item_0
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:26:37 AM by Kossak » Logged

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2009, 07:07:02 PM »

Pm sent
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »

You can test HoN new big patch 1.50 (using test client) which has:

• matchmaking system (!)
  • stats reset (!) and PSR scaling
  • new hereos
  • new game modes - captain picking and banning
  • new Post-Game Stats Screen - you will be able to see stats of all players in all your games. Eventually you will able to download a replay (not in this patch) for all you're games and even all games played in HoN (some time ago HoN hit over 4 millions online matches played)
  • even haloween comes to the maps (you will see pumpkins) lol
  • and other things...

Can't wait for that smile details here

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »

LoL pre-season starts today.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: