http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 06:25:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League of Legends - Free to Play  (Read 37507 times)
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »

Attention all the newbs that are afraid to try HoN because of difficulty smile
S2 is working on tutorial! Didn't think they would do it (i'm positively surprised),  cause you can learn much from youtube videos, forums, fan sites. But it's good for all begginers. I wish there was a tutorial when i was first playing it.

And to those that wonder when this beta game will be finished:
"Hon will never truly be finished - expect more, get more!".
S2 supported their previous game (Savage) for 2 years (as i remember correctly), HoN is going to be supported for much longer.

Add me: Raptr: Kossak, Steam: Kossak
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2010, 10:59:16 AM »

It is going to be interesting to see how the two games develop and proceed now. They are both usually in the top 10 xfire games along with Warcraft III (most likely through DoTA) which makes almost a 1/3 of games being a totally new type of game. Looking forward to when they add ranking in LoL.

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »

Quote from: Kossak on February 01, 2010, 10:46:36 AM

Attention all the newbs that are afraid to try HoN because of difficulty smile
S2 is working on tutorial! Didn't think they would do it (i'm positively surprised),  cause you can learn much from youtube videos, forums, fan sites. But it's good for all begginers. I wish there was a tutorial when i was first playing it.

And to those that wonder when this beta game will be finished:
"Hon will never truly be finished - expect more, get more!".
S2 supported their previous game (Savage) for 2 years (as i remember correctly), HoN is going to be supported for much longer.

That is huge - I still prefer LoL - for reasons described previously - but I would dive in to check the tutorial out regardless. Certainly will make it more accessible, next step will be working on the community which is getting itself a bit of a reputation

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2010, 11:17:44 AM »

To be quite truthful i like the game without tutorial. I met quite many people, who first played DotA (with no tutorial!) because their friends introduced them into the game. Then they teached their friends, moved to HoN, learned from other players, then taught other players etc. So this chain of friendship is quite interesting - this game is really friends-game, best played with your friends (but also fun without them). Tutorial will be a very nice start for beginners with or without hon-friends.
I wonder how detailed it will be. I don't think it's possible to cover every single rule of HoN in tutorial. I even wouldn't want them to do this, cause discovering on your own, asking friends, watching videos, replays, reading forums/sites is fun way to learn it too.

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2010, 12:12:30 PM »

The key part in the above is through DoTa. Dota and Hon are so similar that transferring between the two was very easy. Sure they learnt it then but as a Mod that is what you expect as a full blown game you do expect a little more.

I think S2 were aiming at the Dota market but to an extent Lol has complicated there plans because now there isn't just one avenue to go to and the other avenue is also encouraging non Dota players. I am not aware of ex Dota players or otherwise in LoL. Good to see they are starting to look at ways of making the game accesible - ultmately a game can't exist on its player base - particularly with a one price model like HoN has.

Although they supported Savage and Savage 2 for a long time didn't they go bust in the process?

Tals

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »

I have never played DotA, but i chose HoN after playing Demigod and LoL, so i don't think they were aiming only to DotA players (and so some of my friends who never played DotA and now play HoN with me). It was more important to add heroes/items/mechanics/balance instead of making tutorials for completely new players, who can learn the game with videos/forums/friends.
Also transfer from DotA to HoN is not so easy - ask cicobuff and Matrix from OO - there are quite many changes. But for sure it is much easier (doesn't mean easy) to learn the game when you played DotA. The changes and additions are so huge that i woudn't call HoN being a mod on DotA.

They don't support Savage anymore, but it doesn't mean the game stopped existing. One of my friends still plays more Savage 2 than HoN together with his clan. It's nice S2 is going to support HoN for years, but i don't think it is necessary at all, because when HoN gets its map editor, the community will support it itself. Even now without this editor, we have quite many mods, and new arrive. Does LoL have map editor? Can community make new maps/heroes/items? cause LoL has less of these things in comparison to HoN even in "beta" state.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:36:53 PM by Kossak » Logged

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »

Lol has 2 maps - which is poor, however at this point it really isn't a big deal as the game play is the interaction between the Champions. Players creating maps doesn't exite me in the way it did for say Demigod - but it's maps were incredibly simplistic.

I hardly play the 3 player one as it is not in the matchmaking queue yet - so it pretty much clarifies how important I view it as I would go into the hosted sessions to play the map if I wanted more. That said more developer created ones is never a bad thing.

Because of the balance aspect I wouldn't want the community being able to create champions - or items for that matter. Let them work in the interface which any game can always do with input, if they do maps - great but not a big deal for me.

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2010, 01:32:25 PM »

One more thing i don't like about LoL is that it prevents me from using heroes i want. If you buy this special editon for 20$ you still can't use all the heroes, only 20 (from 43). In the future when they introduce more heroes, again i won't be able to use them without paying them money, or playing old heroes to unlock the new ones. I pay for HoN once (30$), and i can instantly use all 60 present heroes and all future heroes the moment they are available.

Don't worry about HoN community heroes/items/maps being unbalanced - they of course won't be used by default in-game. All the people who want to use a community made map, will have to download the map (with its new heroes/items) to play it. If they don't want to, they just play normal maps with 60 default heroes (for now, there will be much more in the future) available to choose from.

Mods/editors is a big feature for me, cause it allows the game to live even longer than developer itself smile. HoN has dedicated servers too - in the future (after release) we will be able to host/rent our own servers with our own rules mods/maps/heroes/items whatever. So i think we won't even need S2 to support the game. Once we have this editor and server files we can do anything with the game, without any additional cost. But i like S2 for wanting to support HoN for years.

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »

We shouldn't allow each other to respond as we will never come to agreement.With the collectors pack you get 20 heroes and 2k of cash which can buy further heroes. In my current time I have also earnt enough to buy 2 heroes from the cash I have acrued in game. You play about double the amount I do so the maths are quite easy. On top of this each week 10 heroes are unlocked for the week.

Up to this point I have played 4 or maybe 5 heroes. Annie so far being my favourite. I was against micro transactions until I saw how fair they have made this one. I find it almost unbelievable that they have created a game where you can play this forever without putting down a dime and at the same time being on par with those who have paid. Eactly how it should be smile

I like the model, i'm sure I will spend more but if that means we will get more developer champions that works for me. At the moment I have spent less than 1/2 what I would a normal game and got nearly 30 hours out of it - not close to your stats but it's not bad smile

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »

Does LoL have game "modes"? I mean something what is called in HoN:

Normal Pick - Each team has a set of heroes they can pick from
All Pick - Both teams can pick any of the heroes in the game
All Random - Each player gets a random hero
Single Draft - Each player is given a random strength, agility, and intelligence hero to choose from
Random Draft heroes are randomly selected and the teams take turns picking heroes from the draft
+ few others, Captain Mode, Banning Pick, Banning draft etc.

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »

And the advantage of those are? Please don't answer  icon_biggrin

I said it is pointless for us to try and gain points from each other on this, we're never going to agree. We're both agreed LoL is by far the more accessible game and people looking to pick this up should bear that in mind, however if you do you may then  find HoN's gameplay is just to abrasive in comparison. Likewise if you go for HoN the wealth of options you have may mean you won't want to go to LoL.

I will check out HoN once the tutorial comes out - just to see what it is like. I did check it out last week but it just didn't work for me much as you probably have gone into LoL and the things you like in HoN to be missing from LoL.

Tals

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2010, 02:07:47 PM »

hehe i'm just trying to compare those two and see what things i like are missing/added:) Random hero is fun for me, cause you never know if you will be playing super carry killer, or "just" supporter, running and healing your team, or ganker or.... I often like this element of surprise and make changes to my tactic accordingly biggrin

I have LoL installed for about two weeks already, but every time i sit at my computer and want to play, i see friends playing HoN so start playing with them and often forget what time is it smile. I must at last make myself play this game with you smile

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »

Yep I know the feeling on that one.

At the moment with matchmaking you select a hero knowing who is on your side and what they are playing but you cannot see the oppositions team. I think there was talk of adding some configuration as you describe but that is on the hosted side - in Lol my impression is most games occur in matchmaking i.e when I want to play I just click play and wait for a game to appear (usually within a minute). At the moment in matchmaking you can end up playing against a premade - there will be an update to allow for ranked games which will allow for either solo/2 players making up the team or premades - to make it fairer.

Regarding the ping in hong is it just a ping or directed, i.e when I ping I will select a turret for the message to show turret being attacked or defended or if I select an enemy champion a signt will appear on him and a message indicating I am about to attack him.

I suspect going between lol and hon would be quite difficult - not sure I know of anyone who plays both games

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »

well at this moment i know all the heroes/items/creeps in HoN, so don't know - it shouldn't be much difficult to go LoL and back. More difficult is starting another game at all, when you see friends playing HoN smile And you woudn't belive it, but i got used to this community so much that it wouldn't be HoN for me if everyone were polite and not shouting biggrin. I shout on my friends sometimes too (especially when they don't listen to me, and die because of it), but we all laugh about it smile

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2010, 05:22:34 PM »

Only just tried LoL for the first time this weekend (I've played Demigod but no other DotA type games before) and wow, I love it!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2010, 07:15:40 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on February 01, 2010, 05:22:34 PM

Only just tried LoL for the first time this weekend (I've played Demigod but no other DotA type games before) and wow, I love it!

Great to hear smile Not to many of us in here, it took me a long time to unwrap and play this one - when I did I was sorry it had taken me so long to realise what a gem it is.

Tals

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »

Quote from: Farscry on February 01, 2010, 05:22:34 PM

I've finally found a group who play this game regularly but non clan based if that makes sense. Send me a pm if you want to join in. Group is US based but seem to play from mid Evening UK to evening US

Tals

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2010, 06:54:48 AM »

Bael posted this in the Global Agenda thread so I thought it was more appropriate to answer this in here.

Quote from: baelthazar on February 02, 2010, 02:02:29 AM

And while we are speaking of League of Legends - why is this such a big deal? I played the Beta and it seemed a little slow paced (and we got steamrolled, only slowly). What is the draw here, versus - say - Global Agenda?

So League of Legends - well it's the sole game standing in the way of me getting into Global Agenda, I also played the beta but for a number of reasons I didn't continue with it. I didn't like the fact that the European publisher was a notorious one in Euro (Goa) however in this game they have been brilliant. So whereas in Warhammer they effectively killed the game in this one they seem to be actually doing a good job. I was also unsure how I would be able to play guys cross atlantic and would it play well. To do this you have to have the US and the Euro version - the games do not cross over at all in the money side however having played a number of games on the US client last night whilst hooked up on Vent I can confirm the game was lag free - was awesome in fact. Because you can play it free so far I've not put any money down on the US - be interesting if I decide to keep it that way. The Euro version I brought the collectors pack which gives you ingame cash (usually to the value of the money you spent) + 20 heroes. The cash you earn ingame gives you a hero every 10/15 hours to my reckoning. In addition every week 10 heroes are made available for the week. There are no advantages to buying the game other than being able to unlock early. As I have said previously it's a very generous system. This type of game needs reoccuring revenue and I think they have this one nailed to a t.

Gameplay - I think the tutorial in game has helped a lot in addition the gameplay videos I posted earlier http://www.lol-europe.com/board/showthread.php?p=38190#post38190 give a very good feel of the game play so you don't rush into a game totally unprepared. Actual gameplay I like which is basically farm the creeps to build yourself up (if you share a lane this is halved),occasionally try and snipe a champion who is getting reckless, once you and your team are strong enough look for openings to take down opposing players and once you have either a high enough level gap or the other team dead roll the map to take the base. You have one baracks type (inhibitors) in LoL if you destroy the enemies one of these then your creeps become more powerful - however it will respawn after a period but it is all designed to keep the game around the 30 minute mark and largely it suceeds. Items and recipes are an absolute joy and whilst HoN players may not like the additional details in the Minimap I love them smile

Because it's free for however long you wish - except for free time there is nothing to stop you piling in and having a go. As I intimated to Farscry I have found a group - I don't think it would be wrong to mention that Gamers with Jobs play this game a lot and I hooked up with them last night so if you ever fancy joining in either go there or shoot me a message. If we ever get enough in here we could also have some matches against them smile. That said for the last 2 weeks I have played this game solely on the automatch and whilst yo get frustrating games I currently have a 50:50 win record so good and bad smile

In summary for me thus far this is easily in my top 10 games ever played and may be number 1 - just love the style and gameplay.

Tals

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »

I think HoN is much more competitive than LoL, and here's why:
- detailed statistics comparisons between players/matches (Does LoL have that much of statistics?)
- replays portal - watch any tournament/normal matches with live statistics for all players
- players portal - watch average statistics for any players + ladder based by any statistic for example by PSR
- Clans Portal - clan management, news for clans, recruiting etc.
- Tournament Management in-game and on Clans Portal is being worked on too

Does LoL has this features?

And not to mention about the game itself, and many mechanics that LoL just lacks:
- denying (yes, it is competitive and clearly distinguishing noob players from good players). Just check statistics who does how many denies.
- creep stacking and 35 different types of neutral creeps most with their own abilities, which you can use to your advantage if you know how
- different game modes, suitable for different tournament needs instead of only one
- and more

and things that i'm not sure:
- countering enemy team hero picking (you probably don't see what heroes enemy team picks in LoL?)
- runes spawning - does LoL have it?

So what LoL has that HoN doesn't? Is it really as competitive as HoN?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:22:33 AM by Kossak » Logged

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »

Ohh blimey where to start. I have a real issue why denying fits in the competitive element. Sure is an interesting mechanic but it works more on defense than attack - which is why LoL took it out. It also means that you spend your initial game focussing on this and in particular a new player will be totally at sea for no good reason other than you are able to click before they do.

The creep levels I see again an unnessary addition from Dota - whereas LoL looked at it and amended HoN just kept it in and added this whole element which imho detracts from the final game - possibly HoN players find it adds to it. It will make the games more likely to stalemate. LoL's keeps the moto KISS - Keep it Simple Stupid smile

Clan and Teams are not yet implemented in LoL but should be coming along. At the moment you make you team for the match - it's fine but I would agree it will be a useful mechanic and then should allow for stats on teams as they are seperating a team  (serious) against a clan (casual)

In Lol you are correct - you choose your team the opponents pick theres and then you use that to win. As I understand it no hero is overpowered enough that he can't be countered by the team.

In terms of stats - there are a load of stats after each game, I can't remember how much is kept - would have to check but after each game I can analyse each heroes setup - how they did what they did. In addition if I am killed in game - I believe in HoN that is dead time, in Lol it's shop time so not as huge a pain as it could be. They also have a death stat so I can look at why I died to hopefully counter it.

Replays I thought were possible but I haven't seen them - again would be useful

Hopefully covers it.

Out of interest have you played LoL - I have at least fired up a game of HoN before taking my positon smile

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2010, 12:16:07 PM »

LoL is so much simplified that it is more for casual players that competitive. All those mechanics that you think are not necessary, are a good example of how good player can master and new player even doesn't know what they are for or that they exist. In good player hands they are huge advantage and thus making the game more competitive, as there are much more ways to be better than the enemy and much more strategies, counter-strategies that can be used. Yes LoL is simpler, much simpler, that is also reason why it is not as competitive as HoN.

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »

You didn't answer my final question  Roll Eyes

I'm not sure this is going anywhere tbh - certainly doesn't want to make me get closer to HoN which I believe is the ultimate intention.

Tals

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2010, 12:56:36 PM »

no i didn't play LoL lately, but i did play it when it was in beta and i read forums about it. So does it mean i am wrong saying which features LoL doesn't have? So i have similar question: Did you actually used denying in HoN if you say it is so bad thing? smile

I think this is clear, can you say it is different: when new person doesn't see what certain mechanic is for (or thinks it is unnecessary or too difficult), and advanced player can use that mechanic to gain big advantage - it is for sure very competitive mechanic, isn't it?

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

Quote from: Tals on February 02, 2010, 12:51:02 PM

I'm not sure this is going anywhere tbh - certainly doesn't want to make me get closer to HoN which I believe is the ultimate intention.

Tals

smile Kossack you're persistant but it's not always a good thing and yes I have seen denying in action. I'll keep my eye on HoN but not because of this thread.

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2010, 01:55:23 PM »

i didn't mean to force anyone to play HoN smile. Eventually its more of a personal choice which game to choose, but for me HoN has clearly more features. I would probably never need them if i didn't see them, but once you get used to them you wonder how you could ever play a game without it smile

baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »

The most important question I have - where do I download the LoL client? I went to the website, looked all around, signed in, still couldn't find the client DL. Am I missing something? Also, the reviews for LoL stated that much of the paid for content wasn't enabled back in November - at release. Has this been fixed?

Second question - can I DL HoN and try it before purchase? No subs, right? I'll be glad to try both and give it a shot - but frankly, I've heard things about the HoN community being VERY cutthroat and mean to Newbs and I wasn't turned on by that sort of, IMHO, immature behavior. A look at the LoL forums shows that this exists here too - but from my limited experience in Beta, I didn't see too much in the way of immaturity.

Bael
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »

as for HoN: i have last one key left. The community happens quite often to be very bad (only for noobs, i don't see it at all now, when i learned how to play), so if you are kind of a sensitive person - better not play this. If you are sure you want to try this game with quite noob-hostile community and are not afraid of it - i can give you my last key smile.

as for LoL: yea i coudn't find this client as well and had no idea where the hell they hide it smile. But at last i found a link from beta in which i was participating, so i guess it is it: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/download#2 Though i don't know if it is EU client or US one. It seems to be US server... Tals will know better.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2010, 06:01:55 PM »

Quote from: baelthazar on February 02, 2010, 04:49:41 PM

The most important question I have - where do I download the LoL client? I went to the website, looked all around, signed in, still couldn't find the client DL. Am I missing something? Also, the reviews for LoL stated that much of the paid for content wasn't enabled back in November - at release. Has this been fixed?

Second question - can I DL HoN and try it before purchase? No subs, right? I'll be glad to try both and give it a shot - but frankly, I've heard things about the HoN community being VERY cutthroat and mean to Newbs and I wasn't turned on by that sort of, IMHO, immature behavior. A look at the LoL forums shows that this exists here too - but from my limited experience in Beta, I didn't see too much in the way of immaturity.

Bael

You have to create an account first right here. Some of the content has been added, like the store for the game. But there are still only two maps to play on, which really sucks. They also have a ton of stuff to add in yet which should make the game better.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »

Yep re lpl go to the us site and click getting started on that page is the download and the register.
At the moment the game is fine as it stands they have 2 maps but 1 main matchmaking map. So far that hasn't been an issue for me but others could vary. I've played about 25 games so far as an indicator. I have the us client for when playing with you guys. Any questions fireaway. Just learnt that annies giggle is also a cue for her stun great stuff I was finding it difficult to count to 5 lol

baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2010, 06:34:01 PM »

I JUST saw the tiny little link that says "if you already have an account, download here" on the registration page. Geez... they could make that a little easier to see...

I think I'll pass on HoN. Is it still in Beta then, if you have limited keys to give?

Bael
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »

Quote from: baelthazar on February 02, 2010, 06:34:01 PM

I JUST saw the tiny little link that says "if you already have an account, download here" on the registration page. Geez... they could make that a little easier to see...

I think I'll pass on HoN. Is it still in Beta then, if you have limited keys to give?

Bael

To be fair it's arguable that it still is in beta. It's just tagged as such by the developers - my view would be because it's working quite well for them being able to offer free entry and then have people 'preorder' it.

Tals

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »

New version released today smile

New Skins in the Store!
Pharaoh Amumu - Everybody's favorite sad mummy is now sporting some stylish Egyptian threads.
Noxus Poppy - The pint-sized powerhouse has taken a turn to the darker side in her wicked new armor.
Myrmidon Pantheon - The mighty warrior is suited up in his golden coliseum attire.

PVP.net v1.04.17

When you join an Arranged Team lobby, you should now be able to see the other players in the lobby.
Added an option to submit your logs to Riot Games. You can access this option through the PVP.net Options Menu.
Added a “Remember Username” option to the login screen.
Added volume and mute controls for music in the PVP.net Options Menu
Improved auto-balance in the matchmaking algorithm, improving the distribution of player skill in a match significantly in about 5% of matches.
The Most Played Champions section of the Summoner Profile will now display the top 3 most played champions.
Fixed a bug that was causing users to be able to see other users’ Losses in some cases.
Fixed several errors related to Masteries being saved and displaying cryptic messages in the PVP.net client.
Fixed an issue that was causing Summoner Inventory to not persist through system restarts in some cases.
Fixed a localization issue that was causing the wrong numerical separator to be displayed for languages other than U.S. English.

League of Legends v1.0.0.72

Champions

Pantheon, The Artisan of War
Spear Shot : Pantheon hurls his spear at an enemy unit, dealing attack damage and a percentage of his weapon damage.
Aegis of Zeonia : Pantheon leaps at an enemy champion, bashing them with his shield and stunning them. This also refreshes his Aegis Protection.
Heartseeker Strike : Pantheon unleashes 5 swift strikes in front of him, dealing double damage to Champions. Pantheon also becomes more aware of his enemy's vital spots, allowing him to always critically strike enemies at low health.
Grand Skyfall : Pantheon composes himself then leaps into the air to a location, striking all enemy units in the area and slowing them for 1 second. Enemies closer to the impact point take more damage.
Aegis Protection : After attacking or casting spells 4 times, Pantheon will completely block the next normal attack that deals more than 40 damage to him.

Gragas, The Rabble Rouser
Barrel Roll : Gragas rolls his cask to a location, which can be activated again to explode after arriving or will explode on its own after 5 seconds, dealing damage to enemy units in the area.
Drunken Rage : Gragas guzzles brew from his cask, restoring Mana over a short period of time. After he finishes drinking, he becomes drunkenly enraged, increasing physical damage dealt and decreasing all damage taken.
Body Slam : Gragas charges forward and collides with the first enemy unit he comes across, dealing damage to all enemies near the collision.
Explosive Cask (ultimate) : Gragas throws his cask to a location which explodes on impact, dealing damage to enemy units in the area and knocking them back.
Happy Hour (Passive): Gragas takes a drink from his cask every time he uses an ability, restoring Health over time.

Alistar
Pulverize stun duration lowered to 2.2 from 2.5
Headbutt animation improved

Amumu
Bandage Toss Mana Cost reduced to 90/100/110/120/130 from 130 at all ranks
Curse of the Sad Mummy Cooldown reduced to 170/150/130 from 180/160/140
Bandage Toss has a new animation

Cho'Gath
Fixed a bug where using Feast when the target had too much health caused too much damage

Corki
Valkyrie animation improved.

Gangplank
Parrrley now applies Grog-Soaked Wound.

Heimerdinger
Hextech Micro-rockets Range decreased to 1000 to 1200
Fixed a bug with H28G Evolution Turret that allowed him to place more turrets than the maximum.

Katarina
Death Lotus Base Damage modified to 50/65/80 from 30/45/60.
Death Lotus scaling changed to 50% of damage from items instead of 55% of total attack damage
Death Lotus AP Scaling reduced to 30% from 40%.

Malphite
Unstoppable Force animation improved.

Morgana
Fixed a bug where Dark Binding wasn't triggering Rylai's Crystal Scepter

Nidalee
Javelin Toss missile speed increased.
Pounce has a new animation.

Poppy
Devastating Blow Bonus Damage reduced to 20/40/60/80/100 from 20/60/100/140/180
Heroic Charge has been made slightly more precise
Heroic Charge now properly breaks channels
Fixed a bug where Poppy couldn't charge while Diplomatic Immunity was active.
Fixed a bug with Diplomatic Immunity where Poppy could kill Tryndamere through Undying Rage

Tryndamere
The first physical attack after finishing Slash will now properly animate.

Twitch
Spray and Pray Missile Range reduced to 1100 from 1300
Spray and Pray Bonus Range reduced to 375 from 525.

Udyr
Fixed a bug where Udyr's Bear Stance was providing multiplicative move speed, rather than additive, causing it to give too much movement speed while slowed
Turtle Stance Mana Restore reduced to 6/7/8/9/10% from 12/14/16/18/20%.
Phoenix Activation AP reduced to 16/24/32/40/48 from 24/36/48/60/72.
Phoenix Activation Damage reduced to 8/12/16/20/24 from 12/18/24/30/36.
Monkey's Agility Attack Speed reduced to 10% from 15%. Also adjusted the attack speed gain to be additive instead of multiplicative (reducing the damage when combined with attack speed items).
Udyr's Movement Speed reduced to 315 from 320.

Zilean
Time Warp Movement Speed modifier reduced to 55%, from 65%
Time Warp's haste effect is now a multiplicative movement speed modifier
Time Warp duration reduced to 2.5/3.25/4/4.75/5.5, from 3/4/5/6/7
Time Bomb and Time Warp range increased to 650 from 600.
Chronoshift range increased to 900 from 600

Summoner Spells
Flash cooldown increased to 210 from 180
Ignite can now be Cleansed.
Rally now gives 10-35 Attack Damage, instead of 30% increased base physical damage.
Exhaust is now split into two buffs: Exhaust Slow and Exhaust (Blind). (Highlander should no longer dispell blind).

General
Fixed several in game crashes
Bonus physical damage to turrets from AP expanded to also affect inhibitors and the nexus
Increased the bonus damage to structures from AP to 40% from 25%
Users can now rearrange the items in their inventory. Simply left click and hold an item, then release over the slot you’d like the item to be in
Fixed a bug that was causing abilities that are on cooldown to visually overlap other abilities
Fixed an issue that was causing characters to fly extremely high up in the air as a result of two champions using movement based abilities at the same time.
Fixed an issue where abilities appeared to be castable and off cooldown, but would not cast
Fixed a bug with Nidalee’s Cougar Form that would cause other players in the game to lose their targeting reticules
Area of Effect Spells should now properly hit invisible units, and units in brush
Fixed an issue with Jax’s Leap Strike that was causing the damage to fail in some cases when interacting with targets in brush
Fixed a bug that was causing cooldowns on buff icons to not refresh when the buff is refreshed
Fixed a bug that was causing Item Stack numbers to still appear when there was no stackable item in that inventory slot
Fixed a bug with the animation system that was causing some abilities to cancel animations in unintended cases
Fixed a bug that was causing channeling spells to not trigger the ability in some cases
Fixed an issue with spell order queuing that was causing unintended behavior in some cases
Fixed some tooltip issues with Heimerdinger
Fixed a Game Server crash related to in game Chat
Fixed several other Game Server crashes
Fixed several issues with Death Recap in languages other than U.S. English

Lizard Buff
Movement slow amount lowered to 10% from 15% from levels 1-5.

Masteries
Cripple's armor and magic penetration lowered to 10 from 25.
Improved Rally now gives 20-70 Ability Power, depending on level, instead of a 20% increase to base magic damage dealt.
Fixed a bug causing a Utility Mastery to not work properly

Runes
Decreased the effectiveness of Critical Damage runes by 10%
Increased the effectiveness of flat Ability Power runes by 10%

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »

Quote from: baelthazar on February 02, 2010, 06:34:01 PM

Yes it's still in closed beta. You can't get into it if you don't have a key. From time to time they open beta for 24 hours for their facebook fans. I sent you a key via PM. If you want create your account. If you never played any MOBA game before it's good to watch basics on YouTube and/or read a bit. But some people prefer going right into the game. If you want so, make sure you know how to start practise mode (don't play anything else for the first time). You can practise right from the start without worrying about others (noone will connect to you) and statistics (they are not counted) and you can do anything you want in practise mode.

Nice tip: you can have HoN running and your browser at the same time, and flawlessly alt-tab between them when you check this option: HoN -> options -> Graphics (first tab) -> uncheck "exclusive mode". With this your screen won't flicker at all while alt-tabbing.

Here are some links which proved very helpful for me:

Not official but very good knowledge about HoN:

And Official:

My in-game name is "Kossak" so feel free to add me (when you login and press "play online", you will have all community features under F6).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:49:50 PM by Kossak » Logged

baelthazar

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:32 AM »

Thanks Kossak! I'll sign up and give it a shot tonight!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »

the most humorous part of all this for me is that when I tried to get Kossak to play HoN he said it was too difficult to understand and he wouldn't play with us.  I moved on and ended up having more fun with LoL.  Now cut to several months later and Kossak is the one trying to get everyone into HoN.  O_o

I'll be playing LoL when I get the time...
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2010, 06:28:25 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 03, 2010, 06:23:56 AM

the most humorous part of all this for me is that when I tried to get Kossak to play HoN he said it was too difficult to understand and he wouldn't play with us.  I moved on and ended up having more fun with LoL.  Now cut to several months later and Kossak is the one trying to get everyone into HoN.  O_o

Good to hear Hark. I'm playing a lot with the Gamers With Jobs crew, from around 9.30pm GMT there are a lot of them that are playing this. Just hook into there vent. Although I had put down some money on the Euro version i'm now finding the US version is where I am playing. Game time over next 4 days is bad but should then be back on proper again.

Huge thread on the game in it
http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/45972

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2010, 07:34:38 AM »

the most humorous part of all this for me is that when I tried to get Kossak to play HoN he said it was too difficult to understand and he wouldn't play with us.  I moved on and ended up having more fun with LoL.  Now cut to several months later and Kossak is the one trying to get everyone into HoN.  O_o

very true smile HoN on the beggining is very, very difficult, and if you don't give it some time you probably won't like it (if you are new to such games as i was). But once you get into HoN, it's the best game ever and you wonder how could you ever play a moba game without features that are in HoN smile.

-- edit --
Oh and i'm not trying to force anyone to play HoN - after half a year i have quite plenty of friends to play, and now find it difficult not to play when some of my friends are online (and there is always somebody online) smile. But if you look at both games, it's clear that HoN has more features and is more competitive (and for me more fun).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:44:18 AM by Kossak » Logged

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2010, 07:41:32 AM »

Quote from: Kossak on February 03, 2010, 07:34:38 AM

very true smile HoN on the beggining is very, very difficult, and if you don't give it some time you probably won't like it (if you are new to such games as i was). But once you get into HoN, it's the best game ever and you wonder how could you ever play a moba game without features that are in HoN smile

Kossack - I think your posts will read better if you can manage to talk about HoN without putting down other games in the process. Let HoN speak for itself rather than comparing the two which although similar don't cross over that well - you haven't even played it smile

Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2010, 07:43:55 AM »

i played it quite a lot in beta - when you were not playing LoL then:). But i don't even need to play it to know it deesn't have much features, do i? smile

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48:53 AM »

Quote from: Kossak on February 03, 2010, 07:43:55 AM

i played it quite a lot in beta - when you were not playing LoL then:). But i don't even need to play it to know it deesn't have much features, do i? smile

They're different but hopefully you've taken the point, I know you feel these are key features and they maybe to you but that point has been made. If Hon can stand for itself as a game let it do so. Going backwards and forwards really isn't that interesting to read or do smile

Tals

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: