http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 07:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest from Naughty Dog and Insomniac to be revealed soon  (Read 755 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2007, 06:39:37 AM »

The new games from Insomniac and Naughty Dog will be unveiled in the April issues of EGM and GameInformer, respectively.  I haven't seen anything on Ratchet & Clank 5 yet, but GI has a 3D screenshot of Naughty Dog's Uncharted : Drake's Fortune here.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 06:53:10 AM »

UK Magazine (and best print mag out by a country mile) Edge will also be featuring Uncharted in their next issue. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 07:17:15 AM »

Oh my god I cannot freaking wait. I love the Ratchet games, Uncharted looks awesome, and I hope Insomniac uses their awesome dev skills to full effect on the PS3!!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:55:21 PM »

Awesome!

I have been hearing that Ratchet and Clank 5 will be out this Fall for the PS3. This coming holiday should be pretty impressive for the PS3. Lots of great looking exclusives and of course the multiplatform GTA4.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 01:11:50 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on February 17, 2007, 12:55:21 PM

Awesome!

I have been hearing that Ratchet and Clank 5 will be out this Fall for the PS3. This coming holiday should be pretty impressive for the PS3. Lots of great looking exclusives and of course the multiplatform GTA4.

The same could be said of all three platforms.  This is a good looking year for gaming! 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 02:11:39 PM »

Both Naughty Dog and Insomniac had strong franchises on the PS1 (Crash Bandicoot and Spyro) which they left behind when the PS2 came out.  What's cool is they replaced them with other strong franchises (Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter).  I'm kinda hoping they do the same with the PS3.  Ratchet and Clank are great games but I'm much more interested in something new taking advantage of the new systems' capabilities.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »

Quote from: warning on February 17, 2007, 02:11:39 PM

Both Naughty Dog and Insomniac had strong franchises on the PS1 (Crash Bandicoot and Spyro) which they left behind when the PS2 came out.  What's cool is they replaced them with other strong franchises (Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter).  I'm kinda hoping they do the same with the PS3.  Ratchet and Clank are great games but I'm much more interested in something new taking advantage of the new systems' capabilities.

Well, Insomniac has already brought us a new IP (Resistance) so it sounds like they are trying a bit of both this time around. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 06:09:05 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 17, 2007, 04:40:41 PM

Well, Insomniac has already brought us a new IP (Resistance) so it sounds like they are trying a bit of both this time around. 

IMO aside from Squenix, Insomniac is Sony's far and away most valuable developer. And I hope they keep Ratchet going-there is no reason not to stick with an IP that has been as consistently fun, funny, and clever.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 01:06:22 AM »

I agree with this.  I love R&C (and loved Spyro), but the 3rd game was really just a rehash of the 2nd game (a really good rehash, mind you).  I'd be interested in seeing a new platformer series from them. 

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: