http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:48:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Darksiders video new updates!!!  (Read 11225 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »

Anyone got a strategy to beat Tiamat? I'm guessing I have to toss a exploder ball onto her then use my glaive first on fire then on that ball to make her crash into the ground right? I just can't seem to do it. My 40 year old body wont work the way it used to smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »

Spoiler for do you mean Silitha? I don't recall any "Tiamat":

If it's the big spider demon chick who teleports and eventually climbs the ceiling, you need to aim your chain at one of the glowing orbs that surround her. They will descend enough to become a grapple point (not a swinging one; this is one that pulls you right up).

From there, grapple/chain her to get the QTE final battle.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:50 PM »

Not seen a spider yet. Tiamat is the first big boss I think. She is a dragon. Its up on an open platform. She flies around and you have to bring her down to the ground to slice her up.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »

Ah, when you're on top of the building in the church...

Here's what you do:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I hope you have already purchased a health pack; I died countless times getting this battle right... Silitha was the other one that had me throwing my controller.

Tips:
- I found I spent almost the entire battle in manual aim mode
- I also got really used to dodging her fireballs.
- Try to get to her sides so that there are columns in the way so she doesn't get a clear shot at you.

As soon as you start, grab an unlit bomb and manually aim to throw it on her when she swoops back. Try to catch her when she flies in the first time and then do the glaive/fire thing. She will fall, and then BEAT THE CRAP out of her. Use whatever means you have; I saved my powers for later.

Once she gets up, she's going to be pissed. I seem to remember her doing 2-4 strafing runs with her claws or fire. You CAN stick her while she's doing those runs, so if you get the opportunity, get one of those bombs in your hands. I also tried to line myself up with her so that I was only a few steps from the edge of the platform, as she can't really direct herself. I've attached a basic pic below.

I believe they use the magic boss rule of three (you need to land this attack 3 times), and then shit gets real - now you're in ground combat mode (which I found harder).

Separated in case you don't want me to spoil your combat

Spoiler for Part 2:
She has several attacks. One is the fly up-drop-and smash the ground attack. I believe you CAN block the shockwave, but you can't block her landing on you. When she starts to ascend, get the hell out of there.

She also shoots out fireballs, I think you can block them. If not, you can dodge. She does this fairly often... it's her "jab" attack, along with a claw attack and possibly a grab (not sure about this one).

She also has a swinging tail attack that only comes out if you get behind her (which is rare).

Lastly, she has a charge attack, with an obvious tell (think of a bull scraping the ground). When she does this, you get some decent damage in.... QTE if you're ready for it. You grab her and hit B repeatedly to win the tug-of-war for control, and then throw her. Run over to her and beat the crap out of her. Expect her to get up and do the earthquake attack, so be ready to run.

I found I circle-strafed her a lot, send out my glaive even though it doesn't do much damage. I also relied on her charge attack- it's easy to stay alive if you're always staying far away from her- she gets mad and charges fairly often this way.

Since they lock you in, I hope you have a health potion - it makes a difference.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:15:36 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2010, 03:16:58 PM »

I dont have a health potion frown But the info you posted should help. I wasn't even knocking her down one time. For some reason its tough for me to get that manual aim thing going and dodge at the same time. It looks like I may be stuck here a while.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 20, 2010, 12:57:04 PM

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on March 29, 2010, 11:57:12 PM

Quote from: disarm on March 29, 2010, 11:55:00 PM

FYI...i got my free copy of Red Faction and Darksiders bonus disc in the mail today.  pretty awesome deal...can't wait to give it a try icon_cool

Me too! Me too!  icon_lol

Tell me how I get this.

it involves a bunny suit and can of peaches...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2010, 04:34:42 PM »

The one thing I didn't like about the boss battles in Darksiders was that they seemed to be only halfway thought out. The first half would be Zelda-like where you had to do something with an ability you just got, but then the second half would just be you having to beat the crap out of the boss until it finally died. This one is a perfect example.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2010, 05:07:52 PM »

Whatever demon you were hunting was not threatened by War without the power you got in that level... but they tell you that right from the onset.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2010, 11:09:20 PM »

I finally finished this today (many, many distractions).

I found the slog to find the maguffin bits at the end to be a little exhausting, but it wasn't too bad (certainly didn't take hours or anything).

Overall, I really enjoyed this.  I hope they did well enough to warrant a sequel.  I liked the setup for it at the end! 
Spoiler for Hiden:
And I want to see the White City.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2010, 07:14:28 PM »

I've been playing this for a few weeks, but today I have had my fill and am giving up. About half the time, I found this awesome, but it's just too hard even on easy. There's too much mind numbing repetitive combat. There have been several fights that I have had to try over and over again. The straw that broke my back today was Silithia. I just can't even get close to killing her, and the walkthroughs indicate she is easy! Well, I submit as I just don't care any more.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2010, 03:20:15 PM »

Darksiders 2 in 2012!

http://kotaku.com/5566615/darksiders-2-coming-in-2012
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2010, 05:48:36 PM »

Thats a long ways off, but if it builds on the first I'd be a day one candidate. This game was a big surprise to me and was a lot of fun to play.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »

Damn that's a long time!

I'll be in day 1... awesome game.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »

Maybe they're going to take all the dev money and spend it elsewhere in hopes that the world ends in 2012 so they don't have to produce anything  icon_wink

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 30, 2010, 03:16:58 PM

I dont have a health potion frown But the info you posted should help. I wasn't even knocking her down one time. For some reason its tough for me to get that manual aim thing going and dodge at the same time. It looks like I may be stuck here a while.

Did you ever get past it?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2010, 08:00:04 AM »

finally picked this up.  it's going to take some time to get used to the Joker piggy backing War  icon_lol

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »

yeah, I stared playing it finally too.

I think i'm doing something wrong. I seem to die a lot. It's like you can only hit something no more than 2 times and then you gotta run back and repeat. I hope i'm missing something because this is quickly becoming boring and more of a chore than playing a game.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »

I think you're missing something Jersoc. It wasn't like this at all for me. If you're sort of free roaming you have to "grind" a little to get where you're going but it shouldn't be that tedious.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2010, 01:29:56 PM »

Any thoughts on PS3 vs. 360?  I'm going to pick this up.

"Goonies never say die"
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2010, 01:46:12 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on June 22, 2010, 01:29:56 PM

Any thoughts on PS3 vs. 360?  I'm going to pick this up.

I think there were issues with both when the game was first released. Something to do with graphics. I know since then it's been patched.

Again, I played 360 version and didn't run into any bugs or issues. Graphics were fine, don't think I had my surround sound hooked up when this came out so I don't know about that aspect. Controls were fine with the 360 version as well. I think it probably comes down to which controller you like more again.

X360 - Nonnahob

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2010, 03:15:06 PM »

When Darksiders was first released, the 360 version had V-Sync disabled which led to some noticeable screen tearing.  The severity seemed to depend on the exact specs of your television, but the general consensus was that it was distracting without being disruptive.

Regardless, a patch was released that fixed the problem altogether, so I don't think you'll find any meaningful difference between the two versions at all.

-Autistic Angel
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »

I picked up the 360 version.. Achievments win.

"Goonies never say die"
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on June 22, 2010, 09:37:42 AM

yeah, I stared playing it finally too.

I think i'm doing something wrong. I seem to die a lot. It's like you can only hit something no more than 2 times and then you gotta run back and repeat. I hope i'm missing something because this is quickly becoming boring and more of a chore than playing a game.

The big fat demons that explode are hit-n-run. You also have dodge at your disposal. A little bit of grinding is required to up your combos and weapon damage. Once you've gotten up to and past the first boss (who I consider to be the dragon that Daehawk was stuck with), you should have enough experience and orbs to be able to stand against most demons.

Just remember to get a healing potion before going through the seal in the cathedral (first "real" boss) ... because then you can't go back out. All other bosses are not restricted.

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 23, 2010, 10:14:41 AM »

ok, once I got the sycthe it made a world of difference. having a CC weapon is major.

also note to developers:inverting flying controls on the fly=fuck you.

srsly. fuck you. made that entire section a pain in the ass because i kept flying up and down opposite of what i wanted.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: June 23, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »

That whole sequence should have been just one long cutscene of awesomeness. Instead, they tried to throw up some poorly done panzer dragoon nonsense.

Otherwise, can't wait for Darksiders 2!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »

yeah, that whole flight scene was bleh.  I missed the instructions at the beginning (was grabbing a beer, hey, if you're going to fly might as well have a cold brewski in hand) so I didn't realize how to do the homing missile part on command until the end.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:22:55 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29:59 PM »

so,i keep hearing on how great this game is

I downloaded the demo some time ago,and i thought it was so-so

Now PS+ is giving the game away,should i download it(10gig)?,or am i not going to like the game if the demo didn't impress me?

(I didn't like Blue Dragons Demo,but loved the full game)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2012, 09:17:53 PM »

It's a great game.  There were a couple of puzzles that were too long, but beyond that I enjoyed the whole game.  It's sort of a Devil May Cry, God of War, Legend of Zelda mash up.  Unless that sounds awful to you, I don't know why you wouldn't download it for free.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »

Quote from: Hrothgar on July 20, 2012, 09:17:53 PM

It's a great game.  There were a couple of puzzles that were too long, but beyond that I enjoyed the whole game.  It's sort of a Devil May Cry, God of War, Legend of Zelda mash up.  Unless that sounds awful to you, I don't know why you wouldn't download it for free.

Also throw in some Portal-lite puzzles

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: