http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 03:14:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late to the Party- Sid Meier's Pirates for PSP  (Read 664 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2007, 12:50:12 PM »

I ordered this from NWS Online in America along with Battlefront, Fallout Collection and Europa Universalis 3.  Sid Meier's Pirates was the first one I got into and unfortunately for the other games, it might be a long while before I break those open.  I'm just amazed at the wealth of stuff you can do in this game.  The land combat mini-game is deep enough for a game on its own.  This to me is a perfect reason to get a PSP.  The load times are fast as heck.  The graphics are beautiful and the options seem endless.  I play it at work during my breaks and it's a great game to only play for 10 minutes at a time.  It's absolutely recommended if you have a PSP.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »

I agree - Great game that translated well to the PSP!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 01:43:08 PM »

I just ordered this about 30 minutes ago on Newegg.com should be here early next week.

Did you notice if there's bot support in the multiplayer mode? I can only imagine what it would have been like if they included infastructure (online) but I guess that's just asking for too much..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 16, 2007, 01:43:08 PM

I just ordered this about 30 minutes ago on Newegg.com should be here early next week.

Did you notice if there's bot support in the multiplayer mode? I can only imagine what it would have been like if they included infastructure (online) but I guess that's just asking for too much..

Are you sure you're talking about Sid Meier's Pirates! for the PSP?  I don't remember there being any multiplayer in it.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 02:38:46 PM »

The game has multiplayer.  I just tried it out and I was able to create a game with myself and two bots.  Playing the single-player game is much more rewarding IMHO.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on March 16, 2007, 02:38:46 PM

The game has multiplayer.  I just tried it out and I was able to create a game with myself and two bots.  Playing the single-player game is much more rewarding IMHO.

Weird.  I don't remember multiplayer from the PC version.  How does it work?  Is it just ship battles or can other players progress through the game at the same time as you?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »

Just ship batttles-a bit like that korean game WWII game we all played a little while back.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 12:35:54 AM »

whatever happened to that game... was thinking about it the other day but couldn't remember the name.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »

No idea about the WWII game.. but even so just ship to ship battles is something to extend the replayability of the game.
Sounds a bit like Pirates of the Carribean (PSP also) that you could do up to 4 players (including bots) and either deathmatch or capture the flag on the open seas.

Too bad there wasn't infastructure though then maybe a few of us could get together and play online.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 17, 2007, 06:57:37 PM

No idea about the WWII game..

You mean you've never heard of Navy Field??  It's a fantastic online game that I used to play back when it was free-it actually is still free but now there's also a pay account.  I'm not sure what the deal is with that.  Anyways it was a damned good deal of fun.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: