http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:54:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late to the Party - GTA4 Edition  (Read 295 times)
Rumpy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2014, 01:45:04 AM »

Yes, that's not a typo. I got GTA4 for Christmas, along with GTA5, but wanted to play through 4 first. Loved it, all the way through, and I even like the physics that is often a point of criticism. I guess my major point of criticism is in its length. It's a bit too long, or maybe it's just because it's not set in different environments like SA was, making it feel longer. But I didn't feel it was much of a difficult game. Sure, there were some frustrating moments, but overall I felt they were manageable. I actually felt some of the tougher missions were the side-missions like the assassinations.

I actually got the Complete Edition, so currently making my way through The Lost and Damned, which is quite fun. Love the racing in it, which harkens back to Road Rash, and the theme itself as a motorcycle club helps differentiating it from the rest of the games in general. I've actually just completed Diamonds in the Rough, which I felt was one of the hardest missions yet, though I had a glitch which helped me complete it easier. At one point you're supposed to kill off some bodyguards on the way to deposit packages in trash bins, and normally there'll be more bodyguards on the way to the second bin. On this one try, I had died right after killing the last bodyguard, so when it came to replaying that part of the mission, it had actually saved progress so all I had to do was drive up to the trash bin markers and there were no bodyguards waiting. Bug or feature, it was handy!

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 04:37:30 AM »

I'll be interested in hearing your impressions after playing the first 10 hours or so in GTA V.  The leap in tech is going to be quite noticeable. 

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 03:12:19 PM »

Ya GTA IV was awesome, and GTAV just blows the roof off.  The only thing that bugs me is the cussing.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »

Heh, yeah, I'd imagine GTAV is quite a leap.  Overall, I've come late to the franchise. I had only really played the first game, the one with the top-down video, so one of the first things I did when I heard about GTAV was I bought SA on Steam when there was a sale and played through that. And that was that, I was hooked.   Technically, I feel Rockstar is a company that keeps innovating with their tech. There's always something new to their games. As such, It's kind of difficult going back. Holy hell, I tried playing Vice City after I played SA and I couldn't do it. I know people love it, but technologically it's very clunky. I had played SA on the PC, and had really come to appreciate mouse-look while driving, something VC simply didn't have. It was a difficult game through its technology, if that makes any sense.  It does make you appreciate the advances that SA made, and the other advancements made going forward. There are always some big technological leaps in their games.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:15:49 PM by Rumpy » Logged
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 12:05:40 AM »

Well, I've finally completed the main game and both expansions. On the whole, I thought the main game was great. As far as expansions go, I know there was lots of critcism towards The Lost and The Damned when it came out and that many considered The Ballad of Gay Tony to be the better one. Personally though, I think I liked TLAD more. It simply had more of what I liked, including more of a try to make something different and what I felt was more of a story, whereas TBOGT I felt was more scattered in terms of story.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: