http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 08:19:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lamest game moment  (Read 2164 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2005, 12:33:23 PM »

I think this one is right up there but what is the point where you just sit back and say "What the hell is wrong with the developer...this shouldn't be in this game!"

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 12:39:38 PM »

Mine would still have to be the end of 1942 for the NES.

I had battled through something like 50 levels and expected something grand to happen at the end.  This is what I got:

"Congrat-
ulations"

I just about busted the tv open with a sledgehammer.

Oh and in answer to your other question: Yes. Yes I do believe love can bloom on the battlefield.  Just ask Ryu Hayabusa.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 01:26:02 PM »

Okay, so love can bloom on the battlefield. But...have the truck started to move?

(blasted original site sure looked like it supported external linking)

biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

Mine was when I played the first Resident Evil.  It had been out a couple years and I had the plan to start with the first and work my way through all of them.  Well....

I got to the "master of unlocking" part and laughed so hard that I couldn't respect the game anymore.  I've still never completed any RE game, mostly because of that lame moment.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 01:41:58 PM »

Check it out, its Tim's lamest forum moment.  Nice broken link. slywink  *poke poke*  :twisted:

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 02:17:04 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Okay, so love can bloom on the battlefield. But...have the truck started to move?

(blasted original site sure looked like it supported external linking)

biggrin

You know what, Metal Gear is still one of my all time GREAT gaming moments.  That game was unbelievable...
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »

The end of Halo 2.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 05:55:43 PM »

Any appearance by Dante in SMT: Nocturne. As one of the walkthroughs on Gamefaqs observed: 'And here comes Dante to ruin the game again!'  Dumbest idea evar. (It doesn't help that I hate the character Dante even in his own series.  "Look how bad and cool this guy is!" make impress 15 year-olds - it just annoys the hell out of me.')

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 06:45:17 PM »

Ok new rule-if you post a screenshot you must post what game its from. Ron, I'm looking at you smile

My moment may be a bit controversial. Everything during and after killing the first Sith Lord in KOTOR 2 just makes absolutely no sense to me. Very dissapointing.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 06:52:18 PM »

Ok new rule-if you post a screenshot you must post what game its from. Ron, I'm looking at you

WHAAA???

Thats Otacon from Metal Gear Solid, yappin about how he want to throw the hump to Sniper Wolf.  I have to admit, chick snipers are cool and all....but uh...this guy also has a fixation on his mom.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
unbreakable
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 07:12:06 PM »

The ending of every Psygnosis game.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 09:35:21 PM »

Tingle: Okay, you're doing great but now you have to go find the 8 pieces of the Triforce

Dimmona: Huh?

Tingle: ...and to find the 8 pieces of the Triforce you have to first hunt around for the 8 Triforce maps.

Dimmona: Wait, what!?

Tingle: Oh, I forgot to mention - I'm going to charge you a few thousand bucks to translate each map.  Yeah, I know I'm supposed to be helping you, but I need some way to fund my gay lifestyle.

Dimmona: WTF!?!?!?  That does it.... <hits power button>

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 10:39:29 PM »

i don't know,... between otacon's soulful lament & tingle's cheerfully limp-wristed fetch-tasking, you all are slamming some of what are my favorite moments smile ...

the one that sticks out for me was the final boss battle in ffx - it didn't spoil the game for me or anything, but, following all that'd preceeded it, it was sooo anti-climactic...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 11:21:16 PM »

Quote from: "semiconscious"
the one that sticks out for me was the final boss battle in ffx - it didn't spoil the game for me or anything, but, following all that'd preceeded it, it was sooo anti-climactic...

I hated that song too.  It didn't help that I had to replay that battle a couple times to beat it.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 12:30:52 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
Tingle: Okay, you're doing great but now you have to go find the 8 pieces of the Triforce

Tingle: ...and to find the 8 pieces of the Triforce you have to first hunt around for the 8 Triforce maps.

Tingle: Oh, I forgot to mention - I'm going to charge you a few thousand bucks to translate each map.  Yeah, I know I'm supposed to be helping you, but I need some way to fund my gay lifestyle.

This sounds strangly like what I did.....I could have had a new Triforce forged with the jack I spent with that fruity freak.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 12:34:07 AM »

Actually, I think the lamest moment is in MGS2 where Jack's talking to his girlfriend, having a long dialogue about their past and future relations... in the middle of a 'ing mission to save the world.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2005, 04:03:15 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
Actually, I think the lamest moment is in MGS2 where Jack's talking to his girlfriend, having a long dialogue about their past and future relations... in the middle of a 'ing mission to save the world.

heh : check out the MGS commentary on VGCats.com.

As to lamest moment ever? I'd have to say the Syndicate end scene ranked right up there. The ending to Ultima 9 was also an effen eyesore.

oh, and the hand monsters in zelda (WW) that drag you to the beginning of the dungeon suck ass.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
unbreakable
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005, 06:38:26 AM »

Yeah, I was at least hoping for a cutscene at the end of Syndicate.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005, 05:44:53 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"

But....but...but...Nintendo RULES Dimmona!! Innovation??!!! Originality!!!???

Im really mainly just pulling your leg. Mostly smile
Gwar21
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005, 07:14:56 PM »

I think I've cleansed most of the older ones from my memory, but I still remember one lame moment: the final villain from Final Fantasy X.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2005, 01:45:25 PM »

I agree.  I went through the trouble of power-leveling my characters ,building them up, got 2 of the god weapons...and then killed the final boss in 3 hits.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »

This is reaching back a bit, but the ending of Eye of the Beholder... I played for probably 20 hours straight, just to get a lame text message and booted to the DOS prompt.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"
This is reaching back a bit, but the ending of Eye of the Beholder... I played for probably 20 hours straight, just to get a lame text message and booted to the DOS prompt.

That is a classic entry in the Hall of Lame.

Code:
Congratulations!  You won the game!

C:\>

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 05:40:25 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
I agree.  I went through the trouble of power-leveling my characters ,building them up, got 2 of the god weapons...and then killed the final boss in 3 hits.

Well, the game is not balanced to be so difficult as to stand up to people who just grind levels up and get all the hidden weapons-you certainly can beat it easily that way, but would you rather it be balanced for that so that regular parties could basically never beat the finall boss? Because that is exactly what would happen-there is a huge difference in those weapons.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005, 05:03:40 AM »

Any moment from MGS2 IMHO is as bad as it gets, well...for the most part. The FREAKIN!!! CUTSCENES, one after another...CRAZY FRICKIN` story!!! See what you did, you upset me? :wink: . I loved the first game, but 2...ick.
unbreakable
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2005, 06:36:17 AM »

Quote from: "Freezer-TPF-"
Quote from: "Laner"

That is a classic entry in the Hall of Lame.

Code:
Congratulations!  You won the game!

C:\>

There is actually a secret ending to that game.  It's so old, I don't know if I should put it in a spoiler caption.

Anyway, there is some wand you can use to 'push' the beholder back.  In the back of his lair there is a spike trap which will kill you if you walk into it.  Or, obviously, him if he is pushed into it.

Hmm... from MobyGames-

Eye of the Beholder was praised for its stylish cinematic opening sequence, which dazzled players and set the stage of the game to follow.

However, since the final game's size weighed in at 5 3.5" disks, SSI decided to cut the ending cinematic, figuring very few players would see it anyway, and it was not worth the extra cost of the sixth disk.

When EotB became a smash hit, MANY players who slogged it out to the end of the game were not amused when they were "rewarded" with a simple text message and unceremoniously dropped to DOS.

SSI soon realized their mistake, but the damage could not be undone. Many players assumed the game simply never had an ending, never suspecting it exsited but was not included!

The Amiga version was later released with the final endgame graphic.

Contributed by Tony Van (2543) on May 15, 2000.

--
I forgot which one it was, Quake 1 or 2 (or both?), but that was a pretty craptastic ending as well.
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 10:14:58 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"

Yeah, gotta go with that one. I was looking at the screen in disbelief just about every time I tried to save "What the fuck? I have this very important (and increasingly confusing) mission to do here. Shut up, bitch!" It was ridiculous. Still, it's one of the best games I've ever played.

My smile still stays on.
ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2005, 02:01:54 PM »

Rage stole my post.

The ending for KOTOR 2 had me outraged!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: