http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 11:25:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LA Noire coming to the PC!  (Read 2738 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »

I just think it's a bad sign when none of us have anything to say about the actual gameplay cause we're so busy jumping through hoops and clicking and right clicking just to get it to run.  icon_neutral

I expect War in the North's charms to wear off eventually and then I'll finally try to get into this more.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »

I'm liking the controls better with mouse and keyboard. It also feels like they may have tightened up the vehicle physics- on the consoles it felt like the cars had no weight to them. I'm still on the tutorial missions; I believe the one I'm in right now introduces the interrogation system and after that it's into the meat of the game.

Of course I have Skyim calling my name to, so this might not get much playtime right away.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »

I've been playing this and spent all of last weekend playing it. It's running fine on my 2+ year old rig and I haven't had any issues except it crashes when I quit the game.

I've been playing with 360 controller and switching to my trackball on the shooting parts and so far that's been working good. Graphic is pretty decent though my rig only has ATI 4850 so I've set it at medium.

Gameplay wise it's pretty cool, I haven't played the console version so this is all new to me. I like that they scanned the faces of the voice actors and they're still recognizeable. The facial movements are also pretty good. It is tough to figure out which facial gestures are doubt and which ones are lies.

I do have a few gripes though, on the street crimes, I find it weird that in a city that big with that many cops, my character is the only one who's responding to all these calls and most ended up in a shootout in which the bad guys get killed. I know it's just a game but I think I've killed 20+ bad guys in shootouts and so far, no trouble for me at all.

Overall, I'm liking the game. Been a while since I got a good "puzzle" game like this one.
Jaymeson
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 01:39:26 AM »

Been meaning to post - After the last Steam patch, and after a correction on my part with config, I have had no further issues with the game, and am really liking it.
I am almost done with Traffic missions, and have had no further technical issues.
Best adventure game I've played in years.
Jaymeson
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »

Question on those street crimes - is there an option to incapacitate a bad guy instead of putting two in their dome?  I've been unsuccessful so far in trying to "wing" one instead of creating A DOA - and if there are different ways to do the street crimes, are there differing benefits outside of just completing the task?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »

Am I missing something here, or is the game just a series of cases, and the animation is horrible to watch as well? Some of the heads, especially the guy who promoted me, looks like he has his face glued on over whatever horrible thing is underneath it, and its insanely big, compared to his body.

A new one
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »

Quote from: Jaymeson on November 19, 2011, 06:05:58 PM

Question on those street crimes - is there an option to incapacitate a bad guy instead of putting two in their dome?  I've been unsuccessful so far in trying to "wing" one instead of creating A DOA - and if there are different ways to do the street crimes, are there differing benefits outside of just completing the task?

There's a way to fire a warning shot if you hold down the left trigger (or whatever button you use to draw your gun) while aiming at a suspect.  A little circle will appear, and if you hold the button until it fills up, you'll fire a warning shot in the air.  This only works in certain instances, and other than the cutscene that plays at the end of the street crime, I don't think it makes any difference.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 03:19:52 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on November 19, 2011, 10:16:20 PM

Quote from: Jaymeson on November 19, 2011, 06:05:58 PM

There's a way to fire a warning shot if you hold down the left trigger (or whatever button you use to draw your gun) while aiming at a suspect.  A little circle will appear, and if you hold the button until it fills up, you'll fire a warning shot in the air.  This only works in certain instances, and other than the cutscene that plays at the end of the street crime, I don't think it makes any difference.

I'll need to try that. I hope it doesn't take long to fire that warning shot since the suspect may end up getting away, lol.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »

50% off on Steam? Already? Really?

FU, Rockstar!   @#$(*&% I'm crossing them off my future PC-version buy list.   disgust *Fist Shaking* What a bunch of BS. This is what these smiles are designed for...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:25:08 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 03:30:45 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 25, 2011, 12:23:28 PM

FU, Rockstar!   @#$(*&% I'm crossing them off my future PC-version buy list.   disgust *Fist Shaking* What a bunch of BS. This is what these smiles are designed for...

sales happen this time of the year, same as they do every year.  heck, Arkham City is on sale for $24.99 today only days after it's release, so it could be worse-  just think of everyone who paid full price for it on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:48:51 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 12:05:13 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 25, 2011, 03:30:45 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 25, 2011, 12:23:28 PM

FU, Rockstar!   @#$(*&% I'm crossing them off my future PC-version buy list.   disgust *Fist Shaking* What a bunch of BS. This is what these smiles are designed for...

sales happen this time of the year, same as they do every year.  heck, Arkham City is on sale for $24.99 today only days after it's release, so it could be worse-  just think of everyone who paid full price for it on Tuesday.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm waiting until LA Noire is at or lower than $20. Well, that may not make you feel any better but the sad truth is, software prices degrade so rapidly that it doesn't make financial sense NOT to wait until it goes on sale. But, if playing the latest games gives you more enjoyment, then make peace with your wallet and realize that this is what will happen.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2012, 06:05:55 PM »

Got this on steam holiday sale. Cranked it up and got a slide show. That hasn't happened in years. The internet makes it pretty easy to fix things, especially when the games has been out for a while. So I got it running smooth with everything maxed except shadows.
I love the atmosphere but I am  having a hard time getting into the gameplay. As posted earlier, the detective pawing all the evidence seems wrong. So you just kinda show up at scenes and click on stuff? And I'm having a tough time understanding the feedback from the interragation to know what I'm doing. I could have sworn I heard the correct chimes to all my questions and then it told me I got 2/4 right. I will keep at it but it seems pretty dull so far.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2012, 06:52:16 PM »

Quote from: Greg Wak on January 13, 2012, 06:05:55 PM

As posted earlier, the detective pawing all the evidence seems wrong.

AFAIK, it's what they did at the time. Crime scene investigations have changed over the years.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 13, 2012, 06:52:16 PM

AFAIK, it's what they did at the time. Crime scene investigations have changed over the years.
It puzzled me too. I'm not necessarily a stickler for details but by most accounts we've had basic finger printing technology in the U.S. in some form since the early 1900s (http://leladavidson.hubpages.com/hub/History-and-Technology-of-Fingerprinting). So I didn't quite get the idea this 1940s cop (even a rookie) would run around grabbing every used weapon and object with his bare hands at murder scenes as if to say, "HUH? I wonder what THIS IS?"   confused C'mon, even Leslie Nielsen wouldn't do that in a Naked Gun movie. icon_razz Maybe Rockstar didn't think it worth the time to show a character using a clean handkerchief or something to pick up evidence.

The whole MSNet framework debacle on my PC ticked me off so much I never even tried to get back into this after a brief dabbling in the beginning. I want to say "lesson learned," but I'm sure there'll always be something that jumps out at me as something I want to play early rather than wait and see how the game works/installs for other folks first.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:02:22 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 13, 2012, 06:59:13 PM

Quote from: TiLT on January 13, 2012, 06:52:16 PM

It puzzled me too. I'm not necessarily a stickler for details but by most accounts we've had basic finger printing technology in the U.S. in some form since the early 1900s (http://leladavidson.hubpages.com/hub/History-and-Technology-of-Fingerprinting). So I didn't quite get the idea this 1940s cop (even a rookie) would run around grabbing every used weapon and object with his bare hands at murder scenes as if to say, "HUH? I wonder what THIS IS?"   confused C'mon, even Leslie Nielsen wouldn't do that in a Naked Gun movie. icon_razz Maybe Rockstar didn't think it worth the time to show a character using a clean handkerchief or something to pick up evidence.

The fingerprint part is something they talked about in the previews for the game, I seem to recall. They said that the police hadn't started using that technology yet at the time.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: