http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 01:00:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KotOR2 - Light or Dark?  (Read 7202 times)
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2005, 11:58:56 PM »

Hi folks,

Got KotOR2 in my grubby hands (just came out here in NZ) and was wondering whether I should pick light or dark for my first play-through. Which do you think it would be more fun to experience the plot for the first time as?
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 02:47:28 AM »

I like to play lightside the first time and be nice to everyone then on my 2nd time through be totally evil and take out all the aholes I wish I could have the first time through.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 03:15:09 AM »

That's a good a reason as any smile Thanks. I did that with the first game but

*** SPOILERS FOR KOTOR 1 ***

sorta wished I had gone evil so the Revan reveal seemed more justified.
Jon Edwards
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 03:29:06 AM »

I played as a light-side Guardian/Weapon Master and a co-worker played as a dark-side Consular/Sith Lord. As far as story, I  believe I would have enjoyed playing as dark side more, based upon watching my co-worker play though. Like in KOTOR 1, doing nasty stuff and hosing everyone is just fun. However, I think I had more fun developing my guardian character and fighting in battles.  He found the battles too easy as a consular (on diffucult) in all but a handful of battles: lightning, lightning, lighting.

I don't think light or dark will make a huge difference. I wouldn't expect huge "pay off" moments as either light or dark, unlike KOTOR 1.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 09:46:01 AM »

i just started playing a couple nights ago and decided to go Dark Side this time...i went Light on my first run through KOTOR.  i'm enjoying it so far, but it is tough to make myself pick the Dark options sometimes.  i often feel like i can get more info from people if i'm not a totally evil bastard, so i try to play nice with some people while still going in an overall evil direction.  for example, i could easily be a total ass toward Atton and mock everything he says, but instead i sweet-talk him a little just to get influence...then i go talk about badly about him to Kreia because she seems to dislike him as well.  he seems to have a little bit of a mean streak hidden under the surface, so i think it'll work out having him on my side in the end.  it's actually pretty interesting to play people just so they'll follow you better later in the game...and i'm interested to see how it all works out over time.  i'm still pretty early in the game right now though...just getting started on Telos...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 03:51:02 PM »

Both KOTORs I've started as light then replayed through as dark...  Though on 2 it is tougher becuase you don't want to lose influence.  I figure it's just in character to say what they want to hear to keep them in line sometimes; unfortunatley that sometimes adds light points, defeating my efforts at being a totally corrupt Sith Lord.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 09:48:48 PM »

In any rpg that has an alignment meter, I try and play naturally the first time (kind of like my own psych eval  Tongue ).  In kotor I ended up about 3/4 of the way up the light meter.  I played through again as a dark consular...but the decision making was canned for me since I had to force myself to choose the "right" dialogue options.  

In kotor2, I'm trying to play naturally again, but there are so many opportunities to get light points that my main character now has a giant beam of light shooting up through his portrait.  I still won't wargame a dialogue tree to work towards light or dark points, and even with some dark points I've gained along the way, my character is still beaming with light lol.  One of my favorite dark side moments in kotor2 (paraphrased from memory):

"[Force Persuade]Give me all your credits and both of you walk into the center pit".
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 05:50:25 PM »

Does telling the game you went Light/Dark in the last one effect things in this game?  And is it significant enough that you would want to play through each side twice, one for each outcome of the last game?
Jon Edwards
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 04:58:45 AM »

I know there was a scene towards the tend that I missed  because I said I went dark side in the first game.  It's definitely isn't enough to make me want to play through another time.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 05:44:19 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Does telling the game you went Light/Dark in the last one effect things in this game?  And is it significant enough that you would want to play through each side twice, one for each outcome of the last game?

Yes, but it isn't a big enough deal to warrant playing the game twice.

Why pick before you start playing?
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 07:20:13 PM »

Quote from: "ChrisGwinn"

Second that.  I just finished KOTOR2 a second time this past weekend as evil.  Though evil as a whole was more fun and a heck of a lot easier, the ending was certianly not different enough to warrant the 25 hours it took to see it.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 09:20:06 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"

Second that.  I just finished KOTOR2 a second time this past weekend as evil.  Though evil as a whole was more fun and a heck of a lot easier, the ending was certianly not different enough to warrant the 25 hours it took to see it.

And he was asking if you should play through each side twice!  Light with KOTOR 1 finishing light-side, light with KOTOR 1 finishing dark-side, etc.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 09:25:02 PM »

I played kotor1 twice once light once dark, played kotor2 through light and will eventually play it again dark-probably in a month or so when it has settled a bit in my mind. I highly reccomend playing them twice to experience both sides.
unbreakable
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 05:01:42 AM »

And he was asking if you should play through each side twice!  Light with KOTOR 1 finishing light-side, light with KOTOR 1 finishing dark-side, etc.

Exactly.  I guess I could have been clearer on that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: