http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 05:20:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KoTOR II Darkside ending wtf(spoiler)  (Read 2820 times)
Ragnarok
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:59:42 AM »

So I finished this a few nights ago, having played through first as a Sith Lord.  I killed Kriea after fighting some purple lightsabers, then I think something exploded-a planet or something.  Then, credits.  I've had several rums by this point and the ending kind of went a little blurry in my memory.

Can someone tell me what happened?  Maybe run through what happens to your buddies after crashing on Malachor?  I don't remember any of this. retard
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 12:15:22 PM »

because they wound up rushing the game out the door in the end, the ending isn't very well done.  if you want a quick summary of what happens to your companions, you have to make sure you ask Kreia about it during that final conversation.  she'll give you some quick info to wrap things up, but it's still a little disappointing.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 12:18:41 PM »

You know...that sounds oddly familiar.  On my light side run...THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED.   I've actually come to the conclusion that it's the discussion between you and Kreia that is the actual ending, as you state your intentions on where you are going and more during that time.  But you never see Hanharr or Maya (I believe that is her name) even though you encounter the two on Malachor IV and there is a fight between them.  YOu know what happens to Remote and G0T0, but not the rest of the party.  Big shock..you learn about the people that invited themselves to the party, but nothing is said of the people who are optional characters (Handmaiden/Disciple - You only get one of these two..depending on your gender, Vasas - I believe you can strike her down).  Even worse...no word on Atton's fate.  *sigh*  It's a great game up until the end.  This one goes right up there with the ending of Scrapped Princess...hours of setup... and then poof.  It's over in a minute.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 05:14:56 PM »

Some of the dialogue that was cut from the game sheds a lot of light on what the ending should have been.  From what I can gather, Atton and the rest of your party survive and fly in the Ebon Hawk (in the cutscene ending) thus rescuing from Malachor V.  You also have to assume that Bao's remote either defeats GOTO or your friendly HK unit blasted GOTO and allowed the remote to put in the code (presumably after you radio to it to set it off).  Maybe in a few months you may see a user-mod that puts the missing dialogue in, but you won't see anything added by Obsidian in the upcoming patch.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 05:58:07 AM »

How very disappointing.  I'm now playing light side with a female character and have just completed Telos.  I assume from the post above that the handmaiden didn't come with me this time because I am female?

I guess when I get to the end again I'll pay closer attention to the bout with Kreia.  Thanks for the responses. smile
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »

There are several big posts about all the cut content online, however, someone has taken the time to piece together much of this info and host some of the reconstructed dialog in the form of text or sound files.

You can find a lot of it here:
http://tubertarian.com/kotor2missingcontent.php

There's always more, but by reading that you can get a good idea of the true ending to KotOR2.  Hopefully that'll provide a bit more resolution.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 12:06:17 PM »

My biggest problem with KOTOR 2 was even though I'm playing the randiest Jedi of all time, I never got any. Not that I'm aware off. Handmaiden was all over me, but I never even got a kiss. The blind one was able to see me, and even Kreie (Best Character in a RPG in years) said that I should never mate with her or the universe will implode with the implausibilty of it, nothing. And the Wookie lover kept telling me I was too old. (Like real life) Not even a random prostitute. In BG2 I had my own harem. Bleah. I'm glad I wasn't playing darkside. Chicks usually like bad guys, and not getting any would really annoy me.

And I even had the redhead in the slave outfit for the entire game. Handmaiden kept walking around in her undies. Such teases.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 08:18:18 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
There are several big posts about all the cut content online, however, someone has taken the time to piece together much of this info and host some of the reconstructed dialog in the form of text or sound files.

You can find a lot of it here:
http://tubertarian.com/kotor2missingcontent.php

There's always more, but by reading that you can get a good idea of the true ending to KotOR2.  Hopefully that'll provide a bit more resolution.

After viewing this I must say...Why the hell wasn't all this in the release?
Oh well, that helped anyway.  Thanks!

Oy yeah, what JayG mentioned had me disappointed too. :\
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 08:39:26 AM »

Particularly interesting was that originally, it was planned that you could redeem Kreia, and have Atris as the main villian at the end.  It also seemed like Atris could be a party member at one point.

I also like the conversation between Mandalore/Canderous on the Ravager.  That small dialogue, barely a few paragraphs, would have gone a long way towards establishing Mandalore's character and the events that made Canderous into the broken but still defiant man he is now.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 08:39:30 AM »

Just beat the game, I loved it. I thought it was far better then the first one. All except for the ending....how freaking lame. Whooo the ass end of the ebon hawk flying off.  I hope they do an expansion pack or something. Really puts a damper on starting over with a darkside chaaracter. But I guess it's the journey not destination bleh..

Ascendent
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 08:49:44 AM »

Quote from: "Ascendent"
Just beat the game, I loved it. I thought it was far better then the first one. All except for the ending....how freaking lame. Whooo the ass end of the ebon hawk flying off.  I hope they do an expansion pack or something. Really puts a damper on starting over with a darkside chaaracter. But I guess it's the journey not destination bleh..

Ascendent

Yeah i figured i would immediately replay it like I did with KOTOR1 (actually three playthroughs), but at the end of it I was just left sort of uninterested and dissapointed. It will be tough to make myself go back and redo it dark side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: