http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 04:36:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KOTOR 2 Trailer Up  (Read 1740 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2004, 10:23:11 PM »

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords

Who's your buddy? slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 11:58:33 PM »

Your thread title is not spelled correctly...

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 12:54:08 AM »

Release date - Winter 2004  Cool

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 05:35:31 PM »

i saw the trailer yesterday, looks good, and the release date almsot gave me a heart attack when i read this....good news, very satisfied so far.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 03:23:58 AM »

Ooo, that force grip with the breaking neck sound is gonna sound GREAT in my home theatre room... <drool>

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 04:02:36 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Ooo, that force grip with the breaking neck sound is gonna sound GREAT in my home theatre room... <drool>

Exactly what I was thinking, then I remembered I lack a home theater setup.

/cries

Personally, I think that trailer kicks the ass of the prequels combined. There is so much Jedi ass-whooping and Star Wars glory that I wonder why the hell Bioware and Obsidian weren't contracted to write the prequels in the first place?!?!? slywink

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 08:07:26 AM »

Uhm, because Lucas is involved.

'nuff said.

Trust the owner of the property to treat it worse than his guests.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 03:00:50 PM »

i dont know, alot of jedi action would kind of go against the original movies, dont you think, they were made so tehre would be one colassal jedi battel per movie, a movie full of jedi battles would be kind of a mistake.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 02:54:25 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
i dont know, alot of jedi action would kind of go against the original movies, dont you think, they were made so tehre would be one colassal jedi battel per movie, a movie full of jedi battles would be kind of a mistake.

I'm not sure that argument stands up, after the "Greedo shoots first" fiasco. I'm thinking the Star Wars Movie franchise has been flogged to death, and at this point there is no climax at all. That's why this prequel notion falls flat on it's face.

They should have either continued the story from the point where the twins were born, or, like KOTOR, introduced a new cast of characters in a different time that doesn't land adjacent to the commercial juggernaut that is Ep4-6.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 03:03:20 PM »

you may have a point, if he was to do this, he should ahve started with one and worked up to 4-6 and be releaseing 6 right now.....instead of 3, but hey im still seeing it.
what do you mean by the "greedo shoots first fiasco"?

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 04:04:57 PM »

Watch the original movies, then the revamped SE's from 97 and you'll notice that in the cantina Greedo shoots at Han, he miraculously dodges then shoots Greedo, versus Han just killing Greedo outright from the beginning. Something that showed Han was a badass not above killing criminals outright was then taken away so he's basically a good guy from the get-go. Stupid Lucas...

Apparently the only way to get the originals on DVD is to burn them myself with a converter but I'm not sure where I'd get one. smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: