http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 06:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KOTOR 2 - some questions  (Read 1328 times)
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2005, 06:31:08 PM »

I finally am playing KOTOR 2 on my PC after kicking the addicition that was WoW.  I have a couple of general questions for people who played it on the PC too.

First off, is there a bug with the NPCs' alignment?  I'm playing as a Sith Lord, and I know several times where Visas was fully dark and then loses it.  I didn't do anything but walk to the end of the map and their alignment changes.  I am also using the latest version of the game.

Also, is there a decent guide for influence anywhere?  I checked GameFAQs and the one there wasn't good.
CrayolaSmoker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 07:19:18 PM »

This FAQ has all the influence (and other) information you need.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 10:28:22 PM »

So no one has had this problem of NPCs losing alignment?  Seems weird that I'm the only one having problems.

That link goes to GameFAQs and it is blocked.  If you are linking the influence FAQ, I already looked at it and didn't think it was very helpful.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 11:41:39 PM »

Personally I'm waiting for the unofficial fan patch/mod that's working to add back in as much of the last third as possible. Once that's released, then I'll pick this up. slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 12:37:47 AM »

Quote from: "namatoki"
That link goes to GameFAQs and it is blocked.  If you are linking the influence FAQ, I already looked at it and didn't think it was very helpful.

It's a link to the largest (800+ Kb) FAQ.  It's got trees for all conversations that include dark/light and influence options.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 01:19:13 AM »

I used that one and the afformentioned influence FAQ; the latter helps you know which people to use, and when.  But I didnt play Dark Side yet.

I was able to everyone to jedi who was able to get there, get all the story dialogue from Kreia available, and get to Light Side Mastery.  I also made sure my character had the INT (and Computer and Repair skills) to get all of T3-M4's info as well.

I wasnt able to get any of HK-47's info, BUT I did manage to get enough influence with G0-T0 to find out some really interesting things (which isnt in the FAQs...).  If I had gotten HK-47 earlier, perhaps I could have managed to build influence with him and recover the light side points, but I got him really late in the game.

In another thread (in the Console Games forum) I posted my Workbench FAQ.  Unfortunately it was rejected by GameFAQs, but it is more complete than the one they have there (it was rejected because there is already a Workbench FAQ).  So hopefully people here can get some use out of it.
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 08:10:27 AM »

Thanks for the info, guys!  I'll check out that FAQ.

Still no info on my NPCs losing alignment.  frown
Yog-Sothoth
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 03:13:50 AM »

In case anyone is still interested:

NPCs do seem to lose their alignment.  I only noticed it when I was playing Dark Side.  It doesn't seem to be permanent, so something kicks it back.  I theorized that it was restarting the game, but it didn't seem to make much difference so I didn't pay much attention.
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 06:51:26 PM »

Well, I'm glad at least I wasn't the only one experiecing this problem.  It was really annoying having my NPCs losing alignment.  True, it wasn't game breaking, but watching Visas lose her 3 dex bonus was lame.  Of course you can solo the game playing through as a Sith Lord.

I'm playing through as a Jedi Guardian about to go Weapon Master, and I haven't noticed the NPC alignment bug yet.
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 11:44:25 PM »

I went Consular/Weapon Master.  Seemed to be the best combo to me, I never ran out of force power, even after spamming Force Wave.  Lots of times I just ran up doing the slice and dice, because my saber attacks were insanely powerful.

There were only a handful of fights which even presented a problem.  Two of them had droids with a paralysing attack (whats the effect which freezes you in ice?).  The fight against the handmaidens was somewhat difficult, I used the pathing to force them to ring-out.  In the ring fight with the Mandalorians (more trouble with unarmed battles) I had Kreia in the party, and had her cast force powers on herself; since it cancels all your effects, hers will still be active.  Then the battle at the end wasnt hard, I just had to do some hit, run, and heal.

Talking about KotOR2 makes me want to go back and play darkside now.  The only thing making me hesitate is my forgetting to write down my starting stats;  I restarted about five times (at least) because I was tweaking it to get exactly what I wanted.  Maybe I'll keep the high INT for the stat boosts from T3-M4, even though it involves light side points to get faction with him.

Was the info you get from HK-47 worthwhile?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: