http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 12:50:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KOTOR 2 Shots  (Read 3373 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2004, 07:45:45 PM »

What's sad is those look more Star Wars-y than the last two movies did in their entirety. Just my opinion, though. :twisted:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 08:35:27 PM »

Considering that even the story and characters within were better than the last two movies should speak in volumes.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here.  Here everything's soft... and smooth..."

Urk.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 08:45:11 PM »

You know, people point out that scene as the stand-out of awfulness, but IMO the "confession of love" scene near the fireplace takes the cake for worst love scene ever. smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 08:56:06 PM »

I actually think it's the out of nowhere "Incomprehensible Admission of Mutual Love Before we are Led to our Death" scene in the second movie that's worse than either of those two.  I mean, what exactly changed her mind again?  Watching him pout after a vigilante act of mass murder?

Who wrote those movies?  Hideo Kojima?  Hironobu Sakaguchi?  Say, there were a lot of CGI sequences...

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 09:25:43 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
Considering that even the story and characters within were better than the last two movies should speak in volumes.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here.  Here everything's soft... and smooth..."

Urk.

At least with the IMAX version they edited out that line smile
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 08:37:51 PM »

im pumped for kotor 2 the first was awesome and i am waiting for them to stun me again with the sequel. awesome gameplay, after you picked up how to fight  smile , i liek having a game with story instead of aimless shooting and killing for no reason.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 11:13:58 AM »

Agreed.  I think I'm bored to tears with FPSers.  Just no/little story.

I'm really pumped for KOTOR 2 and Jade Garden.  I hope Fable gets good reviews!

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
im pumped for kotor 2 the first was awesome and i am waiting for them to stun me again with the sequel. awesome gameplay, after you picked up how to fight  smile , i liek having a game with story instead of aimless shooting and killing for no reason.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 01:55:45 PM »

You'll really dig Jade Empire then, they have put so much effort into that game.  Best Action/RPG hybrid I've seen in a long time.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 01:57:58 PM »

Agreed.  I'm seen the various Jade Garden movies and they are just tremendous.  That game is just going to be a *blast*.

I loved it when the fighter used magic to change someone into stone and then use a roundhouse kick to bust the block into little pieces.

Cool. Cool. Cool.  Cool stuff.

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
You'll really dig Jade Empire then, they have put so much effort into that game.  Best Action/RPG hybrid I've seen in a long time.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 02:24:44 PM »

You better cut it out with that Jade GARDEN stuff....I know one of the programmers reads this forum. slywink  

The thing that impressed me the most was how seamlessly you could bounce between a hard martial arts style, then whip off a few magic spells, then finish them off with a swipe of the sword.   I played the game for an hour at a private meeting with Bioware during E3 (no cameras allowed. frown  ) and I never felt like I was fighting the system or the controls.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 02:28:34 PM »

Bioware are game *gods*.  The thing I really LOVE about Bioware games is the fact that you can pause the action and consider what to do next.  That is to die for in my opinion.

I never feel overwhelmed playing a Bioware game.  It's an enjoyable experience from beginning to end.

Bioware, I'm down for every game you release the first day it comes out.   Every time.

You better cut it out with that Jade GARDEN stuff....I know one of the programmers reads this forum. slywink  

The thing that impressed me the most was how seamlessly you could bounce between a hard martial arts style, then whip off a few magic spells, then finish them off with a swipe of the sword.   I played the game for an hour at a private meeting with Bioware during E3 (no cameras allowed. frown  ) and I never felt like I was fighting the system or the controls.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2004, 08:28:01 PM »

I played the game for an hour at a private meeting with Bioware during E3 (no cameras allowed. frown  ) and I never felt like I was fighting the system or the controls.

That's good to know.  When I watched the E3 movie I thought it looked very good, I just wondered if I had the dexterity to do all the transformations, moves, and everything else.  As long as the control is on then I don't see how it can fail!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 02:10:15 PM »

this looks tight! does anyone know when this is coming out, i didnt catch that.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 02:15:14 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
this looks tight! does anyone know when this is coming out, i didnt catch that.

At first it was February 2005, now it is Winter.  Both EB and Gamespot have it releasing on 12/6/2004.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 02:15:31 PM »

It's scheduled for February next year, but we'll see. smile

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 02:41:59 PM »

I thought they shuffled the release dates to make sure it was out before Xmas. Opting to put SW Battlefront out next year and moving KotOR 2 up.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 02:44:15 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I thought they shuffled the release dates to make sure it was out before Xmas. Opting to put SW Battlefront out next year and moving KotOR 2 up.

Hence my post above wbs slywink

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 02:55:06 PM »

I just noticed you both posted at the exact same time.  I thought wbs was still confused.

Hopefully it will be free of any game-killing bugs!  Lucky for me I save often and don't use only one slot.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2004, 03:18:48 PM »

oh thats good, i was expecting somehting around february or sometime next year, a christmas release date would be awesome. what about improvements, i havent really read up much, whats going to be different?

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2004, 03:31:48 PM »

The biggest difference I know of is that you will only have a choice of certain characters depending on which side of the force you fall on, which gives more incentive to go through both the Dark and Light sides of the game.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2004, 05:55:25 PM »

oh thats cool. any idea who will be on either side, anyone really famous?

dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 06:39:22 PM »

Quote from: "DiamondDecision"
The thing I really LOVE about Bioware games is the fact that you can pause the action and consider what to do next.  

Are you sure Jade Empire allows this?

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2004, 11:09:08 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I just noticed you both posted at the exact same time.  I thought wbs was still confused.

Dude, I'm always confused. Don't you know that by now?

Personally, I doubt winter very much unless Obsidian was so far ahead of schedule it's ridiculous. That's my $.02 though so take that for what you will.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2004, 11:15:42 PM »

You can pause in Jade Empire to switch enemies or select a different fighting style.    There's a thread about it at the Jade Empire forums here.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2004, 01:00:03 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Personally, I doubt winter very much unless Obsidian was so far ahead of schedule it's ridiculous. That's my $.02 though so take that for what you will.

From what I understand, since they're using the same engine, and I haven't really seen that many graphical updates, with the exception of some added stuff, I'd say it's feasible. Most of the focus is going to crafting a new story, and new compatriots.

That said, I also doubt they'll make the winter schedule, though I really (really) hope I'm proven wrong.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2004, 07:32:46 PM »

fellow, any idea who the new characters will be? please share

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 08:17:08 PM »

They're still pretty hush-hush about who your new followers are, but from what I've managed to dig up...

1. One of them is the "white haired chick" named Kreia. She's the one you've seen in all the ads and posters, wielding a lightsaber.
2. Then you've the bleeping utility droid, T3-M4, making a comeback from KOTOR. Let's hope he'll be bleeping a bit more than he was before.
3. Third, a guy called Atton Rand, who's supposedly a "pretty boy" character. Now whether that means he's the typical snobbish, rich, whatnot, or just cursed with good looks, or what, I can't say.
4. Mira, the bounty hunter scout, who seems to have something against killing, except only for self defence. Reluctantly. You can find more info on her from the official homepage.
5. This is just a guess, but I'm wagering that HK-47 will make another apperance, considering how popular he became in the first game. I imagine there'd be quite a few upset fans, if he wasn't included.

I'm sure there'll be a few more. And, considering the people who're in charge of this game, I expect the "sidekicks" to be a lot more fleshed out than they were in KOTOR.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2004, 03:12:53 PM »

oh thats cool, its good to hear that some characters are returning. thats good news, that was one thing i ddint like in the original, the sidekicks were kind of like cardboard cut outs in terms of depth. thanks for teh updates man...ill keep looking for new info.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2004, 06:03:01 PM »

HK-47 rules all. Plain and simple. Keep him with you at all times and you'll never stop laughing. biggrin

"There's a 10% chance the little creature is lying to you, Master. Would you like me to blast him now?"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: