http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 02:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KoToR 2 shipping on Monday?  (Read 2387 times)
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2004, 04:28:16 AM »

Is this game really going to be here in only 6 days?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 05:11:49 AM »

Hard to believe, but yes...yes it is.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 05:26:38 AM »

Aw crap. Kiss "free time" goodbye.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 06:31:48 AM »

Gotta catch 'em all!

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 07:13:54 AM »

IGN will be posting their review tomorrow night.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
AJ McClain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 08:43:29 AM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
Gotta catch 'em all!

:lol:

I wish I could...

Gamertag: Sin Mordai
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 03:04:03 PM »

yes yes yes yes!!!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 05:14:10 PM »

Cant wait.

olaf
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 05:43:10 PM »

Wooo!

I guess I got the cast off of my hand just in time!
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 05:53:57 PM »

Excellent!
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 08:28:55 PM »

Thanks! I was concerned that this was going to be an Ebgames release date guess and that my hopes were going to be crushed today. I gotta say that this is my most anticipated title of the season.
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 12:55:47 AM »

http://xbox.ign.com/objects/679/679264.html

IGN scored it a 9.3.  I don't think the actual review is up yet.  Caution: as with all IGN reviews, take their KotoR 2 review with a grain of salt.

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 03:00:14 AM »

Quote from: "dandylife"
http://xbox.ign.com/objects/679/679264.html

IGN scored it a 9.3.  I don't think the actual review is up yet.  Caution: as with all IGN reviews, take their KotoR 2 review with a grain of salt.

They liked it but from the end conclusion, 9.3 seemed too high to me. It still has nasty load times apparently as well as bugs just like the first did.

It does have rain and snow now though!  smile  The various saber fighting styles sound interesting.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 03:28:37 AM »

I'm definitely psyched for this, but I'm not buying it now.  I'll probably put it on the Xmas list.  The main reason being, besides that I'm swamped with work, games, and World of Warcraft, is that...wait for it... I never finished the first one.

I know, I know.  I got half way through it, I really liked it, and for some reason got sidetracked for a while, and never got back to it.  Of course, in the mean time, a preview of Kotor 2 managed to spoil the major plot twist that I had known was there, but had managed to avoid finding out exactly what it was.  At this point, it's been so long that I'll basically have to start over again.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2004, 04:35:06 AM »

The IGN review has tempered my enthusiasm just slightly.  I was expecting a score in the 8's based on the review text.  My biggest disappointment from the review is they didn't find the story as strong as the first.  I'm really expecting great things from the writing team that brough us Torment.

The load times and framerate comments were kind of a cold splash of water too.  I tolerated them with little difficulty in the first release, but after playing the PC version since I feel a bit spoiled.  I'm *almost* tempted to hold off until February but who am I kidding?  I'll probably buy both.
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

Gamestop called me today, they said definately by monday afternoon.
This game can't possibly not rock.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2004, 06:57:02 AM »

"It still has nasty load times apparently"
I've never understood this.  Throughout all of KoTOR, I never had a load time longer than 10-15 seconds, and found the load times on par with other games.  I can see complaining about the load times in Sudeki or Top Spin, but the load times for KoTOR were just fine for me.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

It's strange, but if you just read the review you would assume that the score would be an awful lot lower. The games still looks great, but a 9.3 should be a classic.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2004, 01:26:26 PM »

I have plenty of other games to keep my attention until it comes out on the PC.  Cool
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2004, 07:08:24 PM »

Well, read the review and nothing in it set off alarm bells for me. The load times and frame rate issues aren't a big deal. It didn't bother me in the first game, and the review didn't make it sound like it was any worse in the sequel. While it would be nice if Obsidian could have fixed some of the issues, given the turnaround time I wasn't expecting them to.

As for the story, I'm kind of scratching my head over this line:

KOTOR II's overall story is not quite as strong as the sweeping epic of the original, but its pieces are more compelling.

What does that mean? I kind of took it as the overall story development and tone of the game is better in Sith Lords, but it doesn't have a plot twist that everybody can ooh and ahhh over. Which is fine with me. I like simple stories well told.

Anyway, just my take on the review. It'll be interesting to see what more responsible web sites say about the game.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 07:17:12 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"

What does that mean? I kind of took it as the overall story development and tone of the game is better in Sith Lords, but it doesn't have a plot twist that everybody can ooh and ahhh over. Which is fine with me. I like simple stories well told.

That puzzled me a bit as well but maybe the individual conversations and quests are better written but the story as a whole isn't as good?  I'm not sure.

I am glad they went ahead and said not to expect a major KOTOR-level twist.  I was wondering if Obsidian would even try that and its good to know not to even worry about it.
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2004, 09:22:10 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
It'll be interesting to see what more responsible web sites say about the game.

Heh.  Yes, IGN is truly the cheap two-bit whore of gaming journalism, isn't it?

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 09:30:38 PM »

After reading it, I'm definitely holding off until February. I love KOTOR so much more on the PC, and the load times there are practically non-existent for me. Not to mention I'm not hitting the triggers on my controller while scrolling through the menus, which is nice. smile Besides, if it's still got bugs in it then the PC version will at least get patched. Oh wait, they might patch it over XB Live, but that doesn't do those of us without Live any good. I'm starting to hate this trend toward buggy console games, then patching them via the optional online service.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: