http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 04:41:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KOTOR 2 Gold!  (Read 1434 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2004, 11:57:06 AM »

Straight from the CG front page and the linky, get ready for KOTOR 2 in two short weeks.  Cool  It may be hard to top the first one, but I'm so hoping it won't disappoint.  
It's a release day buy for me anyways.

Who else is on board?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 03:09:40 PM »

Me.

Despite having more great, unfinished games than I know what to do with, this one will go to the top of my playlist as soon as I get my hands on it.

olaf
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 03:20:06 PM »

Ack, I still haven't played my copy of the first one.  I told them not to release this until I was ready!!  Someone's getting a phone call.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 03:52:07 PM »

I'm on board like it's nobody's business. If Chris Avellone does as good a job with the writing on this one, as he did in Planescape Torment, I'll be in heaven.

It's just a shame they won't release the PC version at the same time, since I'd rather purchase that.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 04:34:23 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"
It's just a shame they won't release the PC version at the same time, since I'd rather purchase that.

Same here and I dont have the discipline to wait so it will be Xbox version for me.

olaf
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 05:16:23 PM »

I'd love it day one, but at this point have to save it for Christmas since it's an easy gift idea...  Sigh.

But still working on Halo2 and GTA:SA, so really, I can wait the month.  So many games, so little time.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 05:27:38 PM »

Quote from: "olaf"
Me.

Despite having more great, unfinished games than I know what to do with, this one will go to the top of my playlist as soon as I get my hands on it.

Ditto.  I've been doing good on my backlog lately, but the past couple weeks have been all about the new releases.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 05:28:27 PM »

Is anyone else nervous about this sequel, considering it's not being done by Bioware?  Honestly, the gameplay mechanics of the first one were good, but not great, and the story pushed it into the realm of all-time great.  I didn't know the guy who did PS:T was involved, and that raises my hopes a lot, but I still have this nagging fear that's it's just not going to be as good.  And realistically, it probably can't be as good, but will it even be comparable?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 05:54:55 PM »

I'm onboard for this.  The folks at Bioware tell me that they had their hands in the mix the whole time, so I'm less nervous.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 06:37:22 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
Is anyone else nervous about this sequel, considering it's not being done by Bioware?  Honestly, the gameplay mechanics of the first one were good, but not great, and the story pushed it into the realm of all-time great.  I didn't know the guy who did PS:T was involved, and that raises my hopes a lot, but I still have this nagging fear that's it's just not going to be as good.  And realistically, it probably can't be as good, but will it even be comparable?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There're quite a few top people who used to be with Black Isle (Fallout 2, Icewind Dales, PST, helped with BG1 & 2), and they've had plenty of experience in the field.

I imagine that the game mechanics will be very similar (if not the same) to KOTOR, but the story and your companions will have evolved into something better. Fingers crossed, of course.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 06:52:24 PM »

I'm all for it, but I'll wait for the Pc version come February since that's when my birthday is. biggrin Also, I'm enjoying KOTOR way more on the PC than I ever did on the XBox. It just handles better. I'm also trying to burn through the original right now as a villain because it's been so long I don't remember anything more than a few details here and there. It's funny as heck getting Dark Side points, but I forgot just how damn long it takes to get off Taris.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 09:30:17 PM »

Its going to rock!!
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 10:36:01 PM »

IN!

...when it comes out for the PC.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 07:59:31 AM »

I wouldn't woory either about this game. As Fellow said the guys behind it are veterens of the industry. I also don't expect anything really new. This will probably be essentially a big stand alone expansion pack. What I like to call a 1.5 version game. But I don't mind that since I enjoyed the first one allot.
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 03:42:16 PM »

In!

Bioware anything is immediately purchased.  I've already pre-ordered Jade Empire as well.

IMHO, Bioware has no equal in producing RPGs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: