http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:13:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kotor 2 Discussion (Some Spoilers Maybe)  (Read 724 times)
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2005, 08:57:31 AM »

I chose to head to Nar Shadda for the second planet, and boy oh boy is this a big one.  It feels like the freaking endgame.  I can't imagine what else is going to happen.  Are all the planets this huge and full of stuff to do?

I think I have spent 8 hours just on Nar Shadda.  And I don't think I am quite done with it.  A certain Jedi needs rescuing by his somewhat inept companions.

With all the tough bosses I have been fighting, I sure am glad they kept the ability to switch in and out of easy combat too.  I only needed it on the final battle in the first game (just could not put that sucker down, not even after dealing with his source of healing), but in this one, pretty much every tough guy needs a switch of difficulty for me.  I probably should have gone with a guardian instead of a sentinel.

Anyway, so far I am loving this one.  Kotor 1 seemed a little more bright, this one feels like it was written by the people who did Planescape Torment.   It says something when I say it is darker, I am as goody goody as I can be (well, except for a brief foray into the seedy underworld of smuggling.... gotta make some dough somehow) and nothing I do seems to make any difference.  

It is like I am some sort of "bad magnet".  Maybe the old hag is the reason for that.  I don't know yet.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Floyd Walker
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:29:50 PM »

I've found that going to some of the other planets first seems to help out.  Once a Jedi has a lightsaber, the words "threshing machine" come to mind biggrin
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 07:02:28 AM »

Heheh, actually, the Obisidian guys are the guys that made Planescape Torment, they left the company to form this new gig.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 09:52:35 AM »

So far, my biggest gripe with the game is the little bugs.  

Nothing major, just quests revealing themselves before I even accept them, weird fades when boarding the ship (as if a cutscene is supposed to start, but nothing does), the races having weird little bugs like not registering that I have the fastest time or telling me I am the champ when I'm not.

But I am enjoying the game despite these little unpolished bits.

Obsidian is reminding me of Troika.  Which, depending on your viewpoint, might be a good or bad thing.  For me, it is good.  I loved two out of the three Troika games I have.  Despite their flaws.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »

Obsidian, from what weve been told, had almost no time to get this game ready. There is an interesting article at gamespy. I am willing to give troika benefit of the doubt that maybe one of their games was rushed, but I know for a fact that Sierra sat on Arcanum for...4 months? before release, and it still came out a buggy mess.

The talent at Obsidian is insane. Prior to the ending, KOTOR2 is just a genius example of storytelling through a computer game, but its clear that they were told that the game needed to be released NOW and things suffered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: