http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 07:01:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Know What Game is Absolutely Awesome?  (Read 1006 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:01:15 PM »

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

Just an unparalleled level of variety of gameplay, humor and freshness.  Just when you settle into a groove, they throw a new opportunity to be clever at you, whether it be a vehicle mission, arena mission, super boss mission or ????

I'm on the final battle level and have totally enjoyed this game.  Far more than I expected (despite the raves about it on the boards).

It's also a LONG game and has taken me several weeks to get through (of course I'm not a power gamer).  What a great time.

The designers on this one should be so proud of the work they did and again, hoping against hope, that this title gets a sequel that it so richly deserves.

Once again, I recommend this title to just about everyone who has a gaming console.  It's just brilliant!  Even better than just some silver medal (Ron Burke, whowever he is, needs to be fired). slywink

It is on the cusp of permanent status in my collection which is the highest complement a game can get from me.  We'll see how it ends!

Incidentally, according to my XBOX word document (yes, I'm a geek) this is the 40th game I've played on the XBOX platform.  What a great investment it has been!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Incidentally, according to my XBOX word document (yes, I'm a geek) this is the 40th game I've played on the XBOX platform.  What a great investment it has been!

If a Word document makes you a geek, I wonder what this says about me... http://games.coopasonic.com/

No, those games aren't for sale anymore, they've all been ebay'ed or traded in already, I'm not pimping anything except my geekness.

On topic, never played Metal Arms, I guess the box shots weren't interesting enough.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 06:02:14 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"

The designers on this one should be so proud of the work they did and again, hoping against hope, that this title gets a sequel that it so richly deserves.

Well, you never know, it might get a sequel.  But they've been bought by Blizzard and are currently hard at work on Starcraft: Ghost smile
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 10:56:29 PM »

If a Word document makes you a geek, I wonder what this says about me... http://games.coopasonic.com/

That's hawt, baby.  H-A-W-T!

Well, you never know, it might get a sequel. But they've been bought by Blizzard and are currently hard at work on Starcraft: Ghost  

That's fine with me! But it'd better be their next project!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:29:04 AM »

The game was "eh" to me. Never really grabbed me, then I got stuck in a junkyard several levels in and said screw it.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Harry F. Ishnuts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 02:03:08 AM »

Does anyone above the age of 10 actually use the word "awesome?"

-HFI-
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 02:04:21 AM »

Of course. What planet do you live on?
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 02:35:09 AM »

Quote from: "Harry F. Ishnuts"
Does anyone above the age of 10 actually use the word "awesome?"

Having passed 10 several times over, I feel fully qualified to say yes. Awesome is what comes next after great in my book.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 02:45:09 AM »

Yes, the PS3 will be AWESOME....

I wonder what the F stands for....

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 07:01:46 AM »

I use the word awesome.

Also: Yes, Metal Arms is an excellent game. It had a great sense of humor.

If the game has a flaw it's that it does get pretty damned difficult in places, and there were several sections of the game where I ended up wandering around wondering what the hell I was supposed to do.

But literally everything else in between was so awesome I just didn't care.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: