http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:31:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kings Bounty: Crossworlds  (Read 2010 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

another stand alone expansion for Kings Bounty:

King's Bounty: Crossworlds in Development

Expansion Pack Announced for the Multi-Award Winning Title

MOSCOW, Russia - May 24, 2010 /GameBlast/ - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company and Katauri Interactive today announced the development of King's Bounty: Crossworlds, a stand-alone expansion to the award-winning King's Bounty: Armored Princess.

The expansion features an updated version of King's Bounty: Armored Princess along with two new campaigns, dozens of new quests, new items, spells and creatures. Fans of the King's Bounty series will be thrilled to see their requests were answered as King's Bounty: Crossworlds will also include a full-scale game editor. As in the multi-award winning 1st game, the player has many options to battle both new and old enemies. Various new skills and abilities, as well as a flying steed, will help to overcome the hordes attacking the kingdom. The Princess is also accompanied by her tamed dragon, at the very beginning it is small, but its abilities develop steadily until it becomes an incredible ally. The dragon will do its best to protect the Princess during the battles, starting with simple attacks and finishing with fire breathing and volcano summoning.

King's Bounty: Crossworlds features:

2 brand new campaigns (Arena Champion with boss battles in a gladiatorial tournament and Defender of the Crownwith battles in unique tactical arenas with a random selection of enemies and allies)
New creatures to slay or use in combat
70 new items, 8 new item sets, including one for the pet dragon and 3 component artifacts.
7 new quests allow players to continue their journey
50 new abilities and skills
13 new spells
Game Editor for King's Bounty: Armored Princess

The King's Bounty series are adventure games with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a rich fantasy world. The character and their army of companions travel across a huge continent, visiting dozens of different locations all connected to each other. Communicating with NPCs, collecting resources and recruiting an army the player will control their character in real-time mode, while all battles take place in classic turn-based mode with a strong emphasis on tactical elements. King's Bounty: Crossworlds release is scheduled for Q3 2010. More information about the game can be found at www.kings-bounty.com

so if you're considering getting Armored Princess you might want to wait as this will include it and probably be about the same price.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »

OMG OMG OMG!! First I'm hearing about this. Even with a massive backlog, I'm on my second game of KB:AP and can't stop playing it. I NEVER play games twice after I finish them.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 04:31:30 PM »

Given the past history with KB sales, I'll probably be waiting for this until it's around $5. 

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »

Anyone else read this as King's Bounty : Crosswords?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »

I'm confused.  This is a stand-alone expansion, but has relatively sparse content for such and will come with AP?

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 05:39:40 AM »

Is it just me who didn't get sucked into the kings bounty series. I tried the demo for the first game, found the combat confusing and never retried. Am I missing something or is it that type of game which won't appeal to all tastes. I always feel that I'm missing something by not playing this game!

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »

it's up for pre-order on Steam.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 02:39:05 AM »

If you preorder Crossworlds for $10 on Steam, you get King's Bounty : The Legend for free.  The game requires Armored Princess, and I doubt many people have AP and not the original game, but you can always gift it to someone.  Also, Direct2Drive has AP on sale this week for $6, but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with Steam's version of Crossworlds.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 10:42:55 AM »

Quote from: Tals on May 25, 2010, 05:39:40 AM

Is it just me who didn't get sucked into the kings bounty series. I tried the demo for the first game, found the combat confusing and never retried. Am I missing something or is it that type of game which won't appeal to all tastes. I always feel that I'm missing something by not playing this game!

i felt the same way at first. stick with it and the treasures will be revealed . . .
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »

It's actually already up on Steam right now...like ready to download and play. QT3 pointed it out and I've been enjoying it all morning thanks to the snaffu. Grab it before Steam catches on smile
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »

Interesting... a week early. I'm guessing that, since I don't have the first two through Steam, I won't be able to get this that way. The others were downloaded from GamersGate, wonder if it would still work out or if I need to 'steam' what I've already got?

Ah well, never mind, it seems this wouldn't work out.  icon_frown
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 12:58:32 PM by MonkeyFinger » Logged

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 02:27:58 AM »

so, did anyone !#!#@!#!@ get this?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 02:36:29 AM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 11, 2010, 12:48:37 PM

Interesting... a week early. I'm guessing that, since I don't have the first two through Steam, I won't be able to get this that way. The others were downloaded from GamersGate, wonder if it would still work out or if I need to 'steam' what I've already got?

Ah well, never mind, it seems this wouldn't work out.  icon_frown

MOSCOW, Russia - May 24, 2010 /GameBlast/ - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company and Katauri Interactive today announced the development of King's Bounty: Crossworlds, a stand-alone expansion to the award-winning King's Bounty: Armored Princess.

Because I can,
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 03:28:09 AM »

There's nothing "stand alone" about it, it's an expansion for Armored Princess and requires that it be installed.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 03:37:29 AM »

I always knew those Russkies were liars  Tongue

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 03:11:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2010, 02:27:58 AM

so, did anyone !#!#@!#!@ get this?

I !#!#@!#!@ did. 

I got it for the 9.99 mistake price steam had up temporarily, too. 

So far, so good.  I had started a game of Legends but after seeing how good AP with Crossworlds was, I quickly started playing that instead. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »

So does the steam version have the activation limit?  It doesn't list any additional DRM on the store page while Impulse lists the Starforce activation limit.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: