http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 10:49:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning announced  (Read 19371 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on February 08, 2012, 10:13:15 PM

Quote from: rittchard on February 08, 2012, 07:26:12 PM

One quick question: on the PC, is there a hotkey or easy way to close screens?  The only thing that bugged me was having to hit ESC a bunch of times.

I don't see a key to do it, but if you have a 360 controller hooked up, you can hit Start to get back to the game.  Since it changes controls on the fly, you can hit the button on the controller and then go right back to using mouse and keyboard.

oddly enough I've found hitting 'I' seems to close every menu straight away.  it doesn't work with the map though, but hitting M will close that.  likewise, with any screen that you hit one key to get into (like L for the quest log) hitting the same key takes you out.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »

As cool as chakrams look, they're a weird a weapon to use.  A hyrid range/melee weapon sounds good in theory, but the range isn't long enough, and enemies can quickly close the gap to melee range.  I switched over to bow for my ranged weapon, and faeblades for melee, and that's been working well.  

I think chakrams can still work as a weapon option, but I would make them the primary melee weapon, and use a scepter (wand) or bow for range.  They do have the nice perk that if you can complete the standard 4 combo attack, it ends with a knock down.  The powered up aoe attack is pretty good too.

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on February 09, 2012, 07:47:14 PM

As cool as chakrams look, they're a weird a weapon to use.  A hyrid range/melee weapon sounds good in theory, but the range isn't long enough, and enemies can quickly close the gap to melee range.  I switched over to bow for my ranged weapon, and faeblades for melee, and that's been working well.  

I think chakrams can still work as a weapon option, but I would make them the primary melee weapon, and use a scepter (wand) or bow for range.  They do have the nice perk that if you can complete the standard 4 combo attack, it ends with a knock down.  The powered up aoe attack is pretty good too.

When I was a "mage" I used chakrams and a sceptre. Which worked nice.   
As a Rogue its felblades and a bow.

I struggled as a warrior.  The greatsword was very slow.  The longsword was ok, but did not seem to have allot of speed or punch..
 I am not sure what is a good weapons combo for them.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »

Quote from: Jag on February 08, 2012, 03:48:22 PM

Faeblades are cool. That is all you need to know.

it almost feels like I'm cheating when using them  icon_lol  still, I prefer daggers, and I'm kinda bummed I haven't found anything decent beyond the crafted ones I made earlier.

Because I can,
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 09, 2012, 08:01:05 PM

Quote from: Jag on February 08, 2012, 03:48:22 PM

Faeblades are cool. That is all you need to know.

it almost feels like I'm cheating when using them  icon_lol  still, I prefer daggers, and I'm kinda bummed I haven't found anything decent beyond the crafted ones I made earlier.

I went back to Daggers too.   I got a pair that are purple that do fire damage/flame during day, and cold at night.

I got them somewhere in the ettin area.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »

So far as a pure Mage...I've found the Sceptre and Chakrams duo working out well. But using the magic attack as my right button power. I just put the one point necessary to get the skeleton type pet for the Mage. I had to quit the game shortly after getting the skelly so I haven't experienced his worth much yet. But he stays up a good time, 120 seconds he's listed as. You can put points in skills to boost him as you level. He seems mainly an Archer type, but that could be just the little time I had to use him.
He is called up pretty fast as well...2 summons him, 1 switched me back to the magic blast. So I loose nothing of my potency having him up. Gravey man, pure gravey.

Every time I play this game I like it a little bit more. Looks like Curt not only played ball really well, but he's got some serious creds going on here with KoA.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »

The 50 dollar price tag on amazon and a few dollars left on a gift card put me over the edge.  Downloading now.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »

Damn it, found a nice long sword and fate weaved again..  argh

Played till midnight.
Woke up at 3:30 this morning and started playing again. 

I must save web wood.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »

Is there a list of all the keyboard controls somewhere, and/or any way to remap keys?

And more specifically, is there an Autorun key?
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 10, 2012, 07:14:10 PM

Is there a list of all the keyboard controls somewhere, and/or any way to remap keys?

And more specifically, is there an Autorun key?
no autorun
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »

I'll say it again: I've never been so glad I gave a game a second shot.  The more I play, the more fun it gets.  This game is pretty dang good!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on February 12, 2012, 01:10:18 AM

I'll say it again: I've never been so glad I gave a game a second shot.  The more I play, the more fun it gets.  This game is pretty dang good!

I played it all damn weekend, finally parked my rogue last night at half past midnight..  geesh. 

It is like they took the best parts of tons of games and put them all in one.   Ninja gaiden, god of war, wow, diablo

They even stole the damn eye of sauron hahah..

I pretty much have no complaints, its a blast.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2012, 02:19:58 PM »

So I picked this up to initiate my new computer build.  So far I am enjoying the game, only to about level 6 I believe.  I keep reading about folks saying the game is too easy, and I wonder if it is dependent on the build.  I am playing as sorcery/finesse and I get my butt kicked royally on normal difficulty.  I am also constantly running out of inventory space, I may need to start selling the set pieces that I can't wear.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »

I decided to go with the digital DL from Amazon.  The download was quick but then I go to install and have to go through Origin. What a clusterfuck that has been.  First it appears my version of Origin was outdated so I had to dl the new client.  Then it gave me a bunch of errors when i tried to install and I found out that the old client never shut down and was messing with the new one.  I finally got it to install and now its taking like 2 hours through Origin.  It frikkin downloaded faster than that!  I guess thats the price we have to pay because assholes think its ok to pirate games. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2012, 04:33:19 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on February 13, 2012, 02:19:58 PM

So I picked this up to initiate my new computer build.  So far I am enjoying the game, only to about level 6 I believe.  I keep reading about folks saying the game is too easy, and I wonder if it is dependent on the build.  I am playing as sorcery/finesse and I get my butt kicked royally on normal difficulty.  I am also constantly running out of inventory space, I may need to start selling the set pieces that I can't wear.

I got a level 15 mage, and another level 14 rogue.  

Honestly, just sell off any stuff that is not a upgrade.   You will get a house with storage as you go, then your storage problems will be over, unless you are a total pack rat.

Easy?  I don't know, compared to what?  
It is easier then old school roll playing games like Temple of elemental evil.   It is easier then witcher or witcher 2.

Most newer RPG games are easy though.  Skyrim is easy.

But, combat in this game is not like RPG type tactical / strategic combat..

It is combat like a action game... god of war, the new castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, infamous, spiderman,   etc..  

If you ever played god of war, Kratos slices and dices his way through enemies like butter...     That is how combat is in this game.  
Even the fateweave special attack is just like killing a minotaur on god of war.

I find it fun, just different.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on February 13, 2012, 04:32:42 PM

I decided to go with the digital DL from Amazon.  The download was quick but then I go to install and have to go through Origin. What a clusterfuck that has been.  First it appears my version of Origin was outdated so I had to dl the new client.  Then it gave me a bunch of errors when i tried to install and I found out that the old client never shut down and was messing with the new one.  I finally got it to install and now its taking like 2 hours through Origin.  It frikkin downloaded faster than that!  I guess thats the price we have to pay because assholes think its ok to pirate games.  

It's probably been covered already, but I was surprised to find out that the retail copy of the game doesn't actually include the game, just the origin client.  I know they probably feel they're just protecting their interests, but to me it comes across as if EA really seems to hate their customers.

The only reason I didn't download it from amazon after buying it there was because I read the customer comments about the origins client needing to redownload it (unless you did some slight of hand to make it think the amazon files were the right ones).  I shouldn't have to research the installation of a game, for cryin' out loud.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:46:56 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on February 13, 2012, 04:32:42 PM

I decided to go with the digital DL from Amazon.  The download was quick but then I go to install and have to go through Origin. What a clusterfuck that has been.  First it appears my version of Origin was outdated so I had to dl the new client.  Then it gave me a bunch of errors when i tried to install and I found out that the old client never shut down and was messing with the new one.  I finally got it to install and now its taking like 2 hours through Origin.  It frikkin downloaded faster than that!  I guess thats the price we have to pay because assholes think its ok to pirate games. 

Not that it helps you now, but thankfully the Steam version does not use Origin.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2012, 04:54:01 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on February 08, 2012, 03:19:55 PM

If you wait a few days, I'm sure people will start complaining about all the things they don't like.  Might save you some money.  

Also, in case it benefits anyone else:  I found out why my load screens were ridiculously long.  In a word... V-Sync.  I disabled it via the game and the loadtimes went from about 45 seconds to less than 3 seconds.  Found that little trick from reading the Gamespot forums of all places.

edit to clarify:  I'm speaking about the loadtimes upon entering/exiting a building or new area.

My load times haven't changed when using V-sync or not...however when I have V-Sync disabled, I get a weird "whining" sound coming from what I am guessing is the video card when I am on the loading splash screens and main menu.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »

Just rantng because I was hoping to get some play time in before work this afternoon.  Still, it does seem to be a bit punitive towards those who are honestly purchasing a game.  I understand the reasons but that doesnt mean I hafta like it!  YOU HEAR ME ORIGIN?   slywink

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on February 13, 2012, 04:54:01 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on February 08, 2012, 03:19:55 PM

If you wait a few days, I'm sure people will start complaining about all the things they don't like.  Might save you some money.  

Also, in case it benefits anyone else:  I found out why my load screens were ridiculously long.  In a word... V-Sync.  I disabled it via the game and the loadtimes went from about 45 seconds to less than 3 seconds.  Found that little trick from reading the Gamespot forums of all places.

edit to clarify:  I'm speaking about the loadtimes upon entering/exiting a building or new area.

My load times haven't changed when using V-sync or not...however when I have V-Sync disabled, I get a weird "whining" sound coming from what I am guessing is the video card when I am on the loading splash screens and main menu.

You might want to keep v-sync enabled then. That sound you describe is the fan on the graphics card spinning up because your computer is suddenly trying to render hundreds of frames of menus to the screen per second. If the developers didn't plan for this (and many don't), you risk overheating and destroying your graphics card.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »

I probably should update the V-sync thing, just in case it benefits anyone.  Somewhere along the line of the past few days, Orgin/EA/38 Studios must have released a stealth patch or something, because my V-Sync issues have totally gone away.  I now have it enabled again, and my transition time at load screens is less than 2 seconds most of the time.  I have done absolutely nothing different, so I'm just guessing it was a stealth fix.

As to the game:  I am now a level 12 fully specced finesse character - and yes, it continues to keep getting better.  And I am a very, very slow player.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit how many hours I have invested for those measely 12 levels.   icon_neutral

I hope this game sells really well so they make more!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2012, 11:31:51 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on February 13, 2012, 11:07:39 PM

I probably should update the V-sync thing, just in case it benefits anyone.  Somewhere along the line of the past few days, Orgin/EA/38 Studios must have released a stealth patch or something, because my V-Sync issues have totally gone away.  I now have it enabled again, and my transition time at load screens is less than 2 seconds most of the time.  I have done absolutely nothing different, so I'm just guessing it was a stealth fix.

I fired up Origin the other day and it updated the game; not sure what it did.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2012, 04:36:02 PM »

not sure what they did but I ran FRAPS with V-Sync on and off, and now with v-sync off I'm getting 120+ FPS in game and around 300 on the menus.  in short, make sure you turn it back on, especially if you have a tendency to put the game on hold by going to the menus.

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »

After trying out several builds through the first 20 levels, and ensuring that the fateweaver in the House of Ballads was rich with my hard earned gold, I've come to the conclusion that going pure might, finesse or sorcery is the way to go early in the game.  I did fine as a hybrid, but the pure builds were much stronger at that point in the game (when ability points are limited).  I was able to get to the class defining abilities faster.  I tried pure sorcery, might and finesse, and they were all better experiences than any of the hybrid destinies.  I'm sure that changes later in the game when there are more ability points to spread around, and the hybrid paths start picking up some of the stronger abilities in both trees.

My favorite abilties available to level 20s and below are:
Relentless Assault:  No more interrupts!  At max there is no armor penalty.  This ability is really good, for many reasons.  It's the perfect compliment to the heavier weapons that hit like a truck, like greatsword and hammer.  I can get in around 3-4 whirlwind power attacks with a greatsword before the 20 seconds ends...which is plenty of time to clear an encounter or kill a boss.  Fully specialized, you get a lifetap chance to heal with every hit while RA is active.  I could see this also being a great ability for a caster that doesn't like to be interrupted casting the really long AOE spells.     

Ice Barrage:  Not a lot of options for a low level casters.  Maxed out Ice Barrage messes bad guys up, and pushes them back, and slows them, and hits other nearby targets.  It also has a pretty fast cool down. 

Heal:  I know, it's lazy, but it's so nice to have a heal available before you're able to trick out gear with health regen gems, or life stealing gems for weapons.  It's great between fights, and saves $ that would be spent on healing potions.  I spent just 1 point to unlock the skill.

Abilities that I didn't like:
Quake:  I'm sure I was using it wrong, but the cone seems really narrow, the range is really short on the first 2 steps of the 3 chain attack, and it would blow most of my mana...which prevented me from using Relentess Assault when it came off cool down.

Sphere of Protection: 10% damage resistance for 30% max mana cost doesn't seem that great.  I tried the next upgrade with the damage balls, and they seemed to go away after awhile, requiring recasting.  If it were more like 20-30% resistance I'd be more inclined to use it.  I didn't really need it either (playing on normal). 

Adrenaline Surge: A lot of points for an ability that only has a 70% chance to fire off when my health is below 25%.  I hate skills like this.  The perks are nice once the ability kicks in, but I don't plan on being at less than 25% often.  And it's on a 5 minute cool down.  That's crazy.

Stealth (in general): Advancement in the stealh skill should unlock movement speed increases while stealthed, just like almost every mmo on the market does now.  It's too slow.  There are tons of grouped bad guys that roam around and face all over the place.  Smoke Bomb helps, but it's more of a crutch for a less than optimal stealth implementation.

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on February 14, 2012, 06:38:30 PM

My favorite abilties available to level 20s and below are:
Relentless Assault:  No more interrupts!  At max there is no armor penalty.  This ability is really good, for many reasons.  It's the perfect compliment to the heavier weapons that hit like a truck, like greatsword and hammer.  I can get in around 3-4 whirlwind power attacks with a greatsword before the 20 seconds ends...which is plenty of time to clear an encounter or kill a boss.  Fully specialized, you get a lifetap chance to heal with every hit while RA is active.  I could see this also being a great ability for a caster that doesn't like to be interrupted casting the really long AOE spells.     

Ice Barrage:  Not a lot of options for a low level casters.  Maxed out Ice Barrage messes bad guys up, and pushes them back, and slows them, and hits other nearby targets.  It also has a pretty fast cool down. 

Heal:  I know, it's lazy, but it's so nice to have a heal available before you're able to trick out gear with health regen gems, or life stealing gems for weapons.  It's great between fights, and saves $ that would be spent on healing potions.  I spent just 1 point to unlock the skill.

Abilities that I didn't like:
Quake:  I'm sure I was using it wrong, but the cone seems really narrow, the range is really short on the first 2 steps of the 3 chain attack, and it would blow most of my mana...which prevented me from using Relentess Assault when it came off cool down.

Sphere of Protection: 10% damage resistance for 30% max mana cost doesn't seem that great.  I tried the next upgrade with the damage balls, and they seemed to go away after awhile, requiring recasting.  If it were more like 20-30% resistance I'd be more inclined to use it.  I didn't really need it either (playing on normal). 

Adrenaline Surge: A lot of points for an ability that only has a 70% chance to fire off when my health is below 25%.  I hate skills like this.  The perks are nice once the ability kicks in, but I don't plan on being at less than 25% often.  And it's on a 5 minute cool down.  That's crazy.

Stealth (in general): Advancement in the stealh skill should unlock movement speed increases while stealthed, just like almost every mmo on the market does now.  It's too slow.  There are tons of grouped bad guys that roam around and face all over the place.  Smoke Bomb helps, but it's more of a crutch for a less than optimal stealth implementation.

That pretty much nails it.   Every time I tried to get some use out of adrenaline surge by not drinking a potion, I just ended up dead.   I also couldn't get quake to hit more then 1 at a time, and it just did not seem worth the effort.

Stealth was also bad.  This is a fast action game where you attack large groups of mobs.  Sneaking just slows you down, and a backstab is rarely needed anyways.
When it did seem worthwhile, there always a bunch of stuff around the boss that can see you when you try it.

Better off just blasting the shit out of them with the bow, then killing them with the daggers when they get too close.

I put two points in the healing, very handy in between fights.  I also like the mage AE that combines the elements.  You 3 tap it and just blow everything up.

Very fun.   icon_lol
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »

got the Omniblades from the ME3 demo.  it's a set of daggers that do 21 damage.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 14, 2012, 09:02:59 PM

got the Omniblades from the ME3 demo.  it's a set of daggers that do 21 damage.
I was hoping they would do more than that. I've already got a set that does better than that. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2012, 11:14:16 PM »

Here's the bizarre thing about the detection/stealth mechanic and why it's limitations don't bother me too much:  I can practically run right behind most enemies if they are facing the other way before I activate it and then backstab (I use daggers), totally negating the speed issue.  It's made me wonder if upping points in the skill actually has an affect on your ability to move silently in normal movement mode...

Also, I can not stand the stealth philosophy that lets me enter stealth and practically walk right the hell in front of an enemy and have them not see me (Hi Skyrim).  Reckoning is much, much more satisfying for me.

In Reckoning, I can often kill someone using stealth/backstab with a monster right next to him, not even reacting.  (I'm playing on Hard, so I don't think this can be blamed on difficulty level).  I was actually beginning to think it was easy-mode.

Now, I am speaking from the perspective of a character who is level 12, while you are 20, so it's possible I don't have a clue what I'm in store for, but that is my view based on where I'm at in the game at the moment.

LD

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2012, 02:02:58 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on February 14, 2012, 11:14:16 PM

Here's the bizarre thing about the detection/stealth mechanic and why it's limitations don't bother me too much:  I can practically run right behind most enemies if they are facing the other way before I activate it and then backstab (I use daggers), totally negating the speed issue. 

Hrmm, i may have to give it a 2nd look and see if I can pull it off...

My rogue is like 15 now I think
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2012, 01:50:23 PM »

I'm playing on normal and it's not been overly easy but I'm curious about bumping it up to hard.  What are the changes from normal difficulty?  Can I even change mid game?

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 15, 2012, 01:50:23 PM

I'm playing on normal and it's not been overly easy but I'm curious about bumping it up to hard.  What are the changes from normal difficulty?  Can I even change mid game?

I seem to die too here and there on normal, and sometimes I have to lay into the potions.  Maybe I suck though  I am also wondering what hard changes.

I started to play my 2nd toon on hard, but, changed my mind, hah...   
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »

I'm up to level 17 on Hard now and haven't died even once. I did discover today that I've messed up the difficulty for upcoming content as well. Turns out that the first time you enter an area, that area scales to your level (or as close to it as it can get within a certain range) and then stays there for the rest of the game. This means that if you run through several areas early on, those areas will be too easy when you come back later. I did this when I ran through a bunch of areas all the way down into the deserts/canyons in order to find content that would be, you know, challenging. The irony is that all I ended up doing was making the game easier for me. *sigh*
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 15, 2012, 02:38:16 PM

I'm up to level 17 on Hard now and haven't died even once. I did discover today that I've messed up the difficulty for upcoming content as well. Turns out that the first time you enter an area, that area scales to your level (or as close to it as it can get within a certain range) and then stays there for the rest of the game. This means that if you run through several areas early on, those areas will be too easy when you come back later. I did this when I ran through a bunch of areas all the way down into the deserts/canyons in order to find content that would be, you know, challenging. The irony is that all I ended up doing was making the game easier for me. *sigh*

Ahhh, ok that makes sense.   I guess we need to "complete" a area before we go to the next one.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »

Wait a minute... that is a pretty significant fact I didn't know about at all.  And, it's kind of a big deal as well in my opinion.  I'm glad you posted that, TiLT.  I would have been pretty pissed had I made the same mistake.  Thanks.

LD

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2012, 11:02:51 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on February 15, 2012, 10:26:29 PM

Wait a minute... that is a pretty significant fact I didn't know about at all.  And, it's kind of a big deal as well in my opinion.  I'm glad you posted that, TiLT.  I would have been pretty pissed had I made the same mistake.  Thanks.

sounds like what they did for Dragon Age: Origins, but with that game it helped make some of the supposedly 'pain in the ass' areas a bit more tolerable, i.e. I visited Redcliffe right away but didn't go into the full quest until I finished a couple other areas.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »

Curt Schilling takes a mace to "Gnomon O'Brien" in this video from the Conan O'Brien Show (go to 3:20 in the video) smile

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »

Just finished the House of Ballads and I’m curious about alternate endings.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I chose to rule alongside the Maid of Windermere despite her being the villain. Of the characters she seemed the most sympathetic; basically forced by fate to play the villain and always destined to lose. She chose to rise above the nature of her people and change her fate, which is admirable in my opinion.

Anyways, I think the Maid and I are married and co-ruling tyrants now. I also received the Iconoclast Twist of Fate card. I’m hoping the cards you receive are different based on your choices…
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »

For no good/practical reason, I picked this up in old fashioned box form today.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 18, 2012, 08:57:23 PM

For no good/practical reason, I picked this up in old fashioned box form today.  icon_cool

you should put the CD key into Origin so you can download it  icon_wink

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2012, 09:03:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 18, 2012, 08:58:56 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on February 18, 2012, 08:57:23 PM

For no good/practical reason, I picked this up in old fashioned box form today.  icon_cool

you should put the CD key into Origin so you can download it  icon_wink
I hope that works cause the disc installation won't. Once  I get through the "choose a language" screen, Origin pops up and nothing happens. disgust Doesn't seem to have any option to d/l it with the disc in.

Got some weird message on the first try about needing to "reload" something in Origin, but Origin has no Reload button I can find.

I managed to redeem the product code within Origin, dunno if it'll met me install now or d/l it. Talk about an assbackward way of doing things.

Thanks, CeeKay. Even if you were probably just being sarcastic, it is apparently going to let me d/l it now.  icon_biggrin

That worked, so it's all cool now even if it's the stupidest way I ever got a game.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:08:02 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: