http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 02:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur Impressions  (Read 8689 times)
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 07, 2012, 06:38:49 PM

I actually may only need to buy one of the DLC anyway

You don't need to buy anything! These DLC packs are just glorified cheat codes that only help in the early game, unless I'm entirely mistaken. I'm surprised they're generating discussion at all, particularly in a community where I'd expect most players don't need that kind of thing. Are you people so desperate to own every single bit of content for a game, no matter how useless to you, that you absolutely MUST purchase any bit of DLC that comes across your path?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »

not sure why they are cheat codes,they are packs of exclusive armour and weapons for certain toons that aren't usually in the game,probably do something that the other weapons don't do,but i don't think they are meant to overpower a player are they?

I am more amazed how i said 'i want this DLC,but was annoyed that it was included as Day One DLC and not in the online pass' which has generated all this discussion..it was pretty much a throw away comment,but seems to of pissed a few of you off,again not meaning to   icon_confused

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 07, 2012, 06:23:03 PM

Quote from: Dreamshadow on February 07, 2012, 06:21:51 PM

Can't wait to get home tonight and play this!

get a new headset and join us in coop (in other games that is)  ninja

Amen.  I'm thinking of getting the GOW3 headset so I can run both sound and chat into headphones.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 07, 2012, 07:02:41 PM

not sure why they are cheat codes,they are packs of exclusive armour and weapons for certain toons that aren't usually in the game,probably do something that the other weapons don't do,but i don't think they are meant to overpower a player are they?

Of course they are! They aren't cheat codes. They are glorified cheat codes. I drew the parallel with the hint numbers you could call in the old days to get actual cheat codes, and the comparison is apt in my opinion. Unless EA has suddenly decided to try something completely new, these DLC packs are a way to make you overpowered (though not too much, I gather) through the early parts of the game. You essentially pay money to reduce the difficulty. I severely doubt the game has been balanced against this new equipment.

It's EA's way of tempting you with more power if you're only willing to part with some extra cash. They did the same thing with Dead Space, providing overpowered (and overpriced!) weapons to those willing to pay for it. The overall opinion was that these new weapons and armor ruined the game experience, at least for the first playthrough.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »

if that is true then i WILL give it a miss,i just thought they were exclusive weapons and armour,i am already buying the guide with the game being 200hrs + so probably will already have all the help i need anyway if i get stuck

so are the pre-order weapons the same then?,with the game out Friday i was thinking of going out and pre-ordering still

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2012, 08:44:22 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 07, 2012, 08:39:17 PM

if that is true then i WILL give it a miss,i just thought they were exclusive weapons and armour,i am already buying the guide with the game being 200hrs + so probably will already have all the help i need anyway if i get stuck

so are the pre-order weapons the same then?,with the game out Friday i was thinking of going out and pre-ordering still

I admittedly have only limited knowledge about these new DLC packs, so what I said above may not be strictly true. I'd be surprised if it isn't however.

The pre-order weapons are more powerful than other early equipment from what I hear, but not by much. They aren't going to change the experience to a large degree.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 07, 2012, 02:50:33 PM

Day One DLC has appeared on the Marketplace

Finesse Bonus Pack-240 points(weapons and shields)
Sorcery Bonus Pack-240 points(Robe,Talisman and weapons)
Might Bonus Pack-240 points(Mail,shield and weapons)

It annoys me that this isn't included in the Online Pass(which is also up there for 800 points for those not buying brand new)

if it's anything like the Fae weapons pack or demo DLC they may not be worth it.  I mentioned in the PC thread that my first crafted weapon was better than most of the weapons in the bonus DLC.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2012, 09:11:49 PM »

I didn't even know you could craft weapons,LOL...for some reason i still expecting this as more Fable or Dragon Age than Elder Scrolls,you just made me giddy for wanting this more now  icon_lol

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2012, 10:34:48 PM »

To all of you that are completionists, it appears that you'll want to start the game on the "hard" setting. If you are the type of person that investigates every cave and alley, you can become overpowered somewhat quickly by all of the experience that is gained. This makes the mid and late game extremely easy.

I haven't received my copy yet, but I do not believe there are difficulty sliders in the game. Food for thought if an easy game=boring game. This info comes from a few reviewers and beta testers on other sites.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2012, 03:23:52 AM »

The Washington Examiner gave this game 2 stars out of 5.  GT gave it a 91 out of 100.  I wonder which score is closer to being an accurate reflection of the game.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2012, 03:27:14 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 08, 2012, 03:23:52 AM

The Washington Examiner gave this game 2 stars out of 5.  GT gave it a 91 out of 100.  I wonder which score is closer to being an accurate reflection of the game.

there are other reviews out too:

IGN - 9.0 / 10
1-Up - B+
Games Radar - 8 / 10
Gamespot - 7.5 / 10
Eurogamer - 8/10
Joystiq - 5/5
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:29:59 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2012, 03:56:08 AM »

I think Adam Sessler's review for G4 raises some interesting points in order to justify his 2.5/5 rating.  Even more interesting than his actual review, however, is his Sessler's Soapbox regarding the game...have to give him credit for his honesty and a pretty good rationale for why he doesn't think Amalur measures up to other games on the market...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2012, 03:59:19 AM »

Hmm, those are some very polarizing reviews.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:49 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on February 07, 2012, 03:11:00 PM

I don't understand the bitterness and entitlement people have with DLC.  Dont' want it, don't buy it.  Do you guys get pissed that you don't get free fries with your burger without having to buy a combo?  It's an odd attitude for me.

For me, it has to do with the "feeling" I get from the way they present the DLC.  If it feels like an optional bonus if I feel like shelling out more money, that's fine.  If it feels like they're trying to milk me for all I've got, then I get grumpy.

Take Triple Town on iOS.  Free up front, but limited turns, and unlimited turns cost $7?  Come on.  That's too much money to ask for an iOS title of this quality.  Grumpy.

Then Hero Academy.  Totally free up front, optional second team with discount, optional decorative fluff, then totally optional superfluous stuff for sale (taunts) for the folks who have money trees.  This feels fine.  No grumpy.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2012, 05:33:53 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 08, 2012, 03:59:19 AM

Hmm, those are some very polarizing reviews.

I get the impression (from the reviews I've read) that the polarizing nature comes from the involvement of R. A. Salvatore (this is the guy who introduced one of the most loved and hated fantasy characters ever, after all) and the WoW-like graphics. Both of those are pretty huge negatives in my eyes, so I'll have to more or less ignore them in favor of the actual gameplay. Some reviewers may not be able to do so, perhaps because they weren't prepared for what the game is. The combination of Salvatore and WoW-graphics leads to a dense and generic world and story that certainly doesn't appeal to everyone.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:03 PM »

based on this thread I gave the demo a whirl last night and did not like it enough to continue on.

I admit that I am a big eye candy consumer - I found the graphics dated at best. I don't really care how awesome a story is or how much depth it may have - if a game can't grab me visually than I am going to be a hard sell.

I almost feel like this title can be considered a late release for the 1st gen xbox or an early release for the 360. Yup I do.

I also did not like that the automap was inverted in terms of my actual movement - it would have been nice to see it default to up being on top in terms of tracking.

Combat - at least for the 30mins I played was boring - sure I only got to use the sword, daggers, fire staff.

I guess I am just too darn spoiled from Dark Souls to want to try anything in the fantasy realm for quite some time.

Now I get to reclaim the 1.9gb for something else.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »

Quote from: disarm on February 08, 2012, 03:56:08 AM

I think Adam Sessler's review for G4 raises some interesting points in order to justify his 2.5/5 rating.  Even more interesting than his actual review, however, is his Sessler's Soapbox regarding the game...have to give him credit for his honesty and a pretty good rationale for why he doesn't think Amalur measures up to other games on the market...

had to give up on watching that.... too much body/hand movement/espressions Tongue
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »

Quote from: naednek on February 08, 2012, 05:03:11 PM

Quote from: disarm on February 08, 2012, 03:56:08 AM

had to give up on watching that.... too much body/hand movement/espressions Tongue

Like this?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2012, 05:08:43 PM »

Quote from: Roman on February 08, 2012, 04:13:03 PM

based on this thread I gave the demo a whirl last night and did not like it enough to continue on.

I admit that I am a big eye candy consumer - I found the graphics dated at best. I don't really care how awesome a story is or how much depth it may have - if a game can't grab me visually than I am going to be a hard sell.

I almost feel like this title can be considered a late release for the 1st gen xbox or an early release for the 360. Yup I do.

I also did not like that the automap was inverted in terms of my actual movement - it would have been nice to see it default to up being on top in terms of tracking.

Combat - at least for the 30mins I played was boring - sure I only got to use the sword, daggers, fire staff.

I guess I am just too darn spoiled from Dark Souls to want to try anything in the fantasy realm for quite some time.

Now I get to reclaim the 1.9gb for something else.

It certainly doesn't seem to be your kind of thing,if i remember rightly from the demo i am pretty sure you can change how the map is,because i hated it as well as it was(inverted/upside down) and changed it

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

in another discussion just now I remember what this game looks like to me:
Kameo!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kameo:_Elements_of_Power

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »

BTW, I just read the descriptions of the DLC this morning...  It's talking about the same armor and weapons I got as pre-order bonuses from Gamestop.  So, read it carefully if you got preorder stuff.. you may have those packs already.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Enigma
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »

I don't know what to think about these reviews.  The demo didn't impress me much but many of the reviewers love it.  Personally I'm having a hard time thinking that an RPG can get 90+ review scores when comments are made by the reviewer such as: "Quests aren’t much more than FedEx or “kill X number of enemies”".  I understand it has other good qualities but for an RPG it seems like quests quality is essential to be considered a great RPG.

Now Playing:
PS3: Demon Souls
PC:   Diablo III, Saints Row 3, Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery)
e1123
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »

Quote from: Roman on February 08, 2012, 07:14:00 PM

in another discussion just now I remember what this game looks like to me:
Kameo!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kameo:_Elements_of_Power

Other than being colorful and a little cartoonish, I don't really think so. The indoor areas aren't so hot, but the outdoor environments look great in my opinion. I get the feeling that a lot of people are dogging because they don't like the artstyle. I understand that a little since I typically don't like over-the-top weapons and such, but, so far, it's a pretty interesting game. To be honest, I don't really care for a lot of the art in Skyrim and I think it has made me a little more accepting after having played that for a number of hours.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2012, 02:17:37 PM »

I put in about 10 hours yesterday.   I made a mage, which was fun.  He used chakrams and sceptre....   
then respec later to warrior.. Felt like I was in slow motiion, argh.
  Then ended up going to a rogue.   

(The fate weaver is making gobs of cash from me.)

I like the game allot.   

It reminds me of single player world of warcraft. with "god of war" combat and a diablo loot system.

I got a house fully refurbished and my chest is full of gear.       
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2012, 02:31:43 PM »

Just got back in from picking the game up,i went looking for the guide while i was out as well and went to the local 'Mall'(we don't really call them that,but it gives you an idea what its like) which is where i usually go,and they didn't have it..surprised i went back to my home town game shops and they didn't have it either,,so made the trip into Manchester city centre to the game shops there,where i found out that the guide is not due out for another 2 weeks....ahem,bastards!!,LOL...shame because that hardback guide looked lovely Tongue

so i just hope i don't miss too much with the game supposedly being so huge

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

Same here.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 10, 2012, 02:31:43 PM

went to the local 'Mall'(we don't really call them that,but it gives you an idea what its like)

In the U.K. they're called "Place where there's a bunch of stores, like a mall".

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 10, 2012, 03:25:28 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 10, 2012, 02:31:43 PM

went to the local 'Mall'(we don't really call them that,but it gives you an idea what its like)

In the U.K. they're called "Place where there's a bunch of stores, like a mall".

Yup,that's the one  Tongue

about the guide,at least in the UK(not sure what's happening in the U.S.)
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/FuturePress

Future Press
First of all, we'd like to apologize to people who are disappointed that the guide is late. Please believe us, we're working night and day to create a guide that has the same high quality standards as any other Future Press guide. We have increased the page count from initially 400 to now 600 pages to make justice to the massive content that the game delivers. We could have easily deleted entire chapters just to be in time (and the guide would have still been decent), but that's not what we do.

The guide will be out in the second half of February, and we certainly hope that it's well worth the wait for you guys. We really appreciate everyone’s patience.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2012, 04:51:19 AM »

Im somewhat interested in this game and saw that Amazon has it for $45 shipped right now.   That s for the 360 version, the PC version is like $60  so my question is this.  Is there any reason to get the PC version over the 360 version?

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2012, 05:19:05 AM »

Played quite a few hours tonight.  I agree with the games radar/gaming trend/IGN reviews.

This is a damn good game.   Wish all 2.5 star games were this good.

I may pull a all nighter tonight.   Headbanging!
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:30 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on February 11, 2012, 04:51:19 AM

Im somewhat interested in this game and saw that Amazon has it for $45 shipped right now.   That s for the 360 version, the PC version is like $60  so my question is this.  Is there any reason to get the PC version over the 360 version?

I play PC games and PS3.   Arguments for the PC are usually better graphics, possibly modifications, etc. Any advantage the console has can be done with the PC.  (hook PC up to TV for big screen/couch, get a controller for the PC, etc.  

Usually I prefer the playstation for most games.   I do not do mods, and I dont feel like messing with the rest of it.

Skyrim, I bought on both systems.   I mostly use the PC for TBS games (heroes 6, civ 5), old games (GoG), and MMO's, and the witcher..   

But its all a matter of flavor, different strokes for different folks, etc.

There is a thread in PC forums if you want to ask questions about graphics, controls etc.  

I do not know the details for this game.  
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2012, 09:05:29 AM »

I pretty much always go for the PC versions of games when available since my PC is way more powerful than my consoles. Still, for Amalur I went with the PS3 version, to a large degree because the graphics are so bad anyway that seeing it in greater detail won't really do much for me.

I haven't really gotten far into the game yet, as I couldn't really start playing until yesterday. Took a fighter character up to level 3 on Normal. Found Shepard's armor (despite not playing the ME3 demo) and the Fate-Touched weapons and used them (dropped the weapons quickly though as I could craft much better ones almost instantly). Ended up feeling that the game was way too easy, and I hated having Shepard's armor equipped since it meant that I was overpowered and could find no joy in finding armor drops for a while since they'd all be worse than what I had.

Ended up restarting with the same kind of character on Hard. Went up to the chest with all the items, opened it, then promptly closed it and pretended it didn't exist. The game got much better as a result.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »

I am about 5-6 hrs in

Came out of the tutorial area and that Fateweaver guy gave me a mission to go to Ardens hut...yeah,not done that yet,been past his house a few times,but i have just been doing sidequests,sidequests and sidequests..bought my first backpack,which extends my inventory by 10,because i damn need it,been in and out of my inventory,moving things to junk,selling all my junk ...but i am now at a point where my Shepherd(Mass Effect 3)gear is no longer needed,but can't bring myself to sell it icon_confused

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2012, 12:22:42 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on February 11, 2012, 04:51:19 AM

Im somewhat interested in this game and saw that Amazon has it for $45 shipped right now.   That s for the 360 version, the PC version is like $60  so my question is this.  Is there any reason to get the PC version over the 360 version?

The PC version looks the best, while the 360 version looks the worst, and there's a pretty discernible difference between the two.  Also, the PC has the advantage of using the keyboard and mouse interface with 8-9 hotkeys for abilities, while the console versions only have 4.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

Tip - take detect hidden... you will miss out on some good loot

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »

I have been reading up about getting a house for storage,which apparently i will probably get it tonight

The Chest in the house hold 155 items,and is 'shared' between all other houses

although i will easily fill that up,155 + whatever you are carrying(my total is currently at 80,not sure if i can get more backpacks),i guess that will have to do

I think my tally of completely worthless shit in Skyrim easily toppled 1000 items stuffed into all the chests in that one house in Whiterun  icon_lol

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »

Kingdoms of Amalur has gone straight in at number 1 in the UK charts,and knocked Final Fantasy 13-2 off the top,it is apparently the first original RPG to hit the top spot since Pokemon Red in 2000

I have put in about 12 hrs now,done 3 main quests(after the tutorial)and done 24 side quests,LOL

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 11, 2012, 06:04:32 PM

I have been reading up about getting a house for storage,which apparently i will probably get it tonight

The Chest in the house hold 155 items,and is 'shared' between all other houses

although i will easily fill that up,155 + whatever you are carrying(my total is currently at 80,not sure if i can get more backpacks),i guess that will have to do

I think my tally of completely worthless shit in Skyrim easily toppled 1000 items stuffed into all the chests in that one house in Whiterun  icon_lol

Why are you keeping so much stuff? The only things I keep in my house's chest are those that I'm not sure if might be useful for certain quests later. If a weapon, armor or apparel isn't better than what I have currently, I either take it apart at a forge (preferably) or sell it. There's no reason at all to keep all that stuff. Even if you want to change your playstyle halfway through the game it's easy enough to craft or buy what you need when that happens. You might be able to make a case for keeping set items around, but in my experience you'll never even get close to finishing a set before you've completely outleveled it.

In other news, I'm finding the game to be almost ridiculously easy, which is ironic since I'm playing on Hard. Yesterday I wandered into a zone that was above my level (currently 15). Almost every monster I came across there had an orange name, which I think indicates it's about 2-3 levels above yours. Through a freak accident I managed to aggro 4 whole groups of enemies at the same time while there (including a bunch of trolls and wolves), yet I won the fight without any major problems, chugging only one or two potions along the way. It doesn't help that I feel like I'm leveling way too fast. I've barely left the first major area in the game (the forest), yet I'm already getting close to reaching the second last tier of abilities in the Might tree.

They need to add a patch with a new difficulty like Hard, but which seriously reduces xp gain (perhaps reducing it to as little as 30% of the current values or so). That might fix all the difficulty issues I'm having.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:30:46 AM by TiLT » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2012, 01:21:30 PM »

i am not keeping all the stuff i was just saying what the chests and you can hold,i am doing as you say and selling off the stuff i don't use...its just with these type of games,i know that there will be some things that will be going in the chest,accessories i keep having to make a choice over some are good at some things while others are good at other things

Orange is 2 levels above you,red is 4 levels....defeating an enemy that is 4 levels above you nets you an achievement,i got mine in some Lab basement with some skeletons in Detyre(Apotyre i think) at level 8,all the way there the enemies were getting harder but they still had yellow names i knew where to go for the red names/achievement,so i ran all the way there  icon_biggrin

and although i can wade through most enemies,i still have problems with those big guys with hammers,on their own,no problem but 4 or 5 or 6(like in Lorca-Rane)then dodging them is a lot harder,and i usaully always dodge into their hammer attacks...which fire at you even if you are not close to them

I agree with the levelling,Level 40 is the cap and i am currently 15 and yes i am able to select the middle tier,the master tier opens at level 16  saywhat

Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2012, 04:24:25 AM »

Ok, I got a question. It looks like you are limited to 4 "magic" abilities that you can map to the buttons on the controller.

Is there anyway around this?  I know you can "unmap" sustained abilities to free a slot, since you do not need to cast them all the time.

But,on my mage, I have lightning, cold, heal, fire, summon pet, and that bad ass AE that combines all the elements.

I need 6 buttons to use my abilities, not 4.  Anyway around this?   I seriously doubt anyone wants to go all way into the abilities menu and swap out every fight.

If I respec and drop the pet and the lightning, I gues that would solve the problem too..   But that means I will need to put points in another tree, and make sure they go into something that is NOT an ability.   Which wouldn't be very fun.

Any solution to my troubles, or is it just a limitation of the console version of the game?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: