http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 07:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingdom Under Fire - Heroes  (Read 990 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2005, 03:14:20 PM »

OK.  Is anyone getting this game?

On impulse alone, Devil and I are (most likely) going to get this and try it out.  It has some cool sounding Multiplayer modes, which means Xbox Live!  There is even a Co-op option, which is all I really needed to know.

I will admit I know nothing about the game other than what I read at the ConsoleGold info page:  http://www.consolegold.com/GameInfo/game/3778.html

If anyone knows anything regarding what the multiplayer modes will probably be like, feel free to pass on the wisdom.  I'm especially interested in if we can get a group together and play teams or versus or whatever, over Live!

Based on other experiences Devil and I have playing games for the first time, here are some early predictions:

- Neither of us read the manual or go through the tutorials before playing.  If Devil follows his usual operating procedure, he won't even break the shrink wrap until he sees that I actually bought the game and am online with it.

- It takes us a minimum of 30 minutes to figure out how to even choose our armies.

- It takes us a maximum of 20 minutes to get completely steamrolled by the A.I. armies on the easiest levels.

- Devil struggles with the controller, stating numerous times he can't figure out how to make his armies attack anything.

- I will misdirect my armies at almost every turn.  I will retreat when meaning to charge; rush when meaning to flank, and pull out my ranged weapons when engaged in melee.

Assuming noone comes into this thread and proclaims the game will be absolute garbage... anyone who buys the game and wants to enjoy the fiasco, you are welcome to either spectate and laugh or join us and teach.

LD   :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:29:56 PM »

Yeah!

What he said!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 03:48:37 PM »

If there is a coop mode to allow you to play the missions together, then yes, I am in.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 06:51:41 PM »

Being a newbie to Xbox, can someone compare this to a computer game.  Is it similar to something like Warlords Battlecry?  I'm not a fan of rts games, but i did like the Warlord Battlecry games as it was little micromanagement and alot of action and magic.  Is this similar as far as gameplay goes?
Also, how intuitive is the controls?  I'm considering this over Ninja Gaiden Black and Mortal Kombat if it's what i hope it is and the controls are done well.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 07:23:37 PM »

It's like Dynasty Warriors except you control the entire army instead of just wandering around on the battlefield.

Your main character has his own personal unit that he always stays with, and each unit you have has its own leaders.  You jump between them in the heat of battle giving orders from a thid person view.  Think of something similar to Sacrifice.

From all I heard, the sequel includes a coop mode through missions, but I haven't heard much else and I don't know if the feature was kept.

All I know is that if COOP was kept in game I'm definitely getting a copy.  My friend liked the on foot gameplay, but he didn't like the commanding part (he's more a Dynasty Warriors fan) so I figure when we play COOP, I'll take control of the entire army while his buffed up uber unit goes in hacking.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 08:31:52 PM »

hey i loved loved loved the first one!

that said - can someone let me know what the unit upgrades and such are like? i was afraid theyd dumb it down or take away some of the options which were a huge reason for my enjoying the first so much.  can you still level up skills, get new skills, upgrade / change brigade types and buy massive amounts of equipment?  let me know okay - if positive ill probably be picking this up!
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 10:29:55 PM »

hmm, still unsure.  i could see myself not really liking the command aspect of the game myself, but i'm not sure.  i'm really an action type player, but commanding might not be too bad if its not too damanding.
maybe Dynasty Warriors is a better fit for me.  do you just control 1 character in Dynasty Warriors and build them up in a rpg type of way?  
i'm gonna pick something up along with TW06 tomorrow and i'm unsure what to get.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 01:17:05 AM »

Have no idea about the questions.  But I did check out the website briefly.  It's cool, and may help a little, I don't know.

http://www.kufheroes.com/

Random and Custom missions?  Awesome!!!

Now I wish I could find out more about the multiplayer options.  I suppose I will know soon enough.

LD  :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 01:48:29 AM »

Xmann, I think you're more of a Dynasty warriors player then.  My friend also preferred action combat rather than commanding.  To win at this game you really need to switch around and command your units instead of focusing on the main character all the time.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 01:48:43 AM »

well after doing a bit of research, i'm gonna go with Kingdom under Fire.  it's getting alot of positive previews and the single plaer campaign sounds like it might have alot of legs (which i need).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: