OK. Is anyone getting this game?
On impulse alone, Devil and I are (most likely) going to get this and try it out. It has some cool sounding Multiplayer modes, which means Xbox Live! There is even a Co-op option, which is all I really needed to know.
I will admit I know nothing about the game other than what I read at the ConsoleGold info page: http://www.consolegold.com/GameInfo/game/3778.html
If anyone knows anything regarding what the multiplayer modes will probably be like, feel free to pass on the wisdom. I'm especially interested in if we can get a group together and play teams or versus or whatever, over Live!
Based on other experiences Devil and I have playing games for the first time, here are some early predictions:
- Neither of us read the manual or go through the tutorials before playing. If Devil follows his usual operating procedure, he won't even break the shrink wrap until he sees that I actually bought the game and am online with it.
- It takes us a minimum of 30 minutes to figure out how to even choose our armies.
- It takes us a maximum of 20 minutes to get completely steamrolled by the A.I. armies on the easiest levels.
- Devil struggles with the controller, stating numerous times he can't figure out how to make his armies attack anything.
- I will misdirect my armies at almost every turn. I will retreat when meaning to charge; rush when meaning to flank, and pull out my ranged weapons when engaged in melee.
Assuming noone comes into this thread and proclaims the game will be absolute garbage... anyone who buys the game and wants to enjoy the fiasco, you are welcome to either spectate and laugh or join us and teach.