http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 06:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kingdom hearts 1  (Read 1481 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2007, 04:56:09 PM »

has anyone beat this game?....i am second to last boss ansem..fighting him,yet AGAIN!!(although the last boss is in 8 stages)..this game has become the hardest game i have ever played

if you have beat it,can you remember what level you had got to

i loved kingdom hearts,but it just seems a bit pathetic how they keep throwing boss after boss after boss at you(it may just be me pissed off 'cos i cant get to the end)

its like..'oh,done that boss,have you?,well try this......oh done him have you,fine have this one then....done him,well try this without donald and goofy then'...and so on and so on...its bad enough that the last save point was 2 boss fights ago!!!

i bought kingdom hearts 2 in september,but i havent even put the disc in because i wanted to finish the first...but...ouch!!

seriously though if they were gonna make this game this hard,they should of done manga/anime characters....'cos disney characters is kinda misleading,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 05:03:12 PM »

Yeah, the final battles are a bitch.  I can't remember what level I was at but I want to say maybe somewhere in the 40s.  I know I put just over 30 hours into the game. 

KH1 has a pretty good ending which is worth seeing.  However, it leads straight into the GBA game Chain of Memories which tells an entire chapter of the story and *that* leads into KH2.  So prepare to be confused at the start of KH2.  Hell, you'll be confused anyway even if you played CoM but that's for a different reason..
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 05:19:51 PM »

I had to set KH aside after getting my arse handed to me in the final boss fights.  I keep meaning to go back but never get around to it.  I think my characters were all in the low 50's and deciding I would need to grind out a bunch of levels.  I've been holding off on KH2 as I too want to finish the first and possibly get the Gameboy one beforehand.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 05:20:17 PM »

I think my levels were in the 40's too but I remember getting through the bosses rather quickly and not having much of a problem.......but I do know I consulted a bunch of faq's during the game on various things so I probably read up on the best way to beat the bosses. I'll just pretend it was legendary skill instead of reading up on the best strategies  icon_biggrin
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »

LOL,damn i am level 52...and have now gone to swearing at the TV(on 31 hrs)

i did actually get chain of memories...and remember absolutely hating it,and no i cant remember any of that story

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 08:00:53 PM »

I would suggest levelling up and doing some of the sidequests to get the best keyblades.  I think I was around level 55 and had the Oblivion Keyblade, and I didn't have any problem with the final bosses.  The ending is really good, too, so it's worth it to finish the game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 08:49:46 AM »

Boss battles were tough - I only beat it once.  Whenever I go back and randomly see if I can beat the bosses, I get my ass handed to me and appreciate how good I used to be at the game biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 09:11:32 AM »

I tried the game a couple times, and just could not at all get past how awful I thought the action combat was frown I really wanted to like it too.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »

okay,i have got the oblivion keyblade(which is pretty cool,thx EddieA)...and i started grinding at the colluseum....but that was very slow and was taking all my items away,and i wasnt making any money

so

i went to traverse town,ever since rescueing kiari,there have been bigger enemies there,so i started to level up there,and the levels just flowed by,as i get HP balls...dont use items now....anyway...i got to level 65(i wanted to make sure i did it)...and tried again,but i died at the same f*&kin' point....it just wont let me heal myself when i need to and he kills me...so i am now grinding again i am currently level 66,and when i get to level 75 and it still wont work,then i am calling it quits....the shadow dude is piss easy but that ansem,who you have killed a dozen times already(and i still have to beat him again...and on my own again after this fight)gets his shadow to grip me and i cant move(or heal),and thats when i die crybaby

and yes,that TV has had some more verbal abuse directed at it

oh,my time is now 38 hrs

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 01:54:43 PM »

YAY i did it..i cant believe it,i have had the game for 3-4 years and i have finally done it

i levelled to 70 and then went to see if i could do it,and getting past that ansem guy was what i needed...the rest of the bosses came easily(as well as ansem again...but i beat him again)...well...i did them anyway.

below is a spoiler on the ending and a link that shows the ending on youtube

Spoiler for Hiden:
the ending was good...perhaps could of done without the saturday morning disney song,but that doesnt matter...yeah yeah..riku is still lost,as is king mickey(following pluto at the end will no doubt find him)...and kiari and her gi-normous feet are on destiny islands alone...but what i really wanna say is..HOLY SHIT...aries and cloud back together!!!!...wonder how many FF fans actually know about this?...i never..i wonder if any FF fans have scoffed at the idea?

heres the vid of the ending for anyone who wants to see it...damn cool,this vid is 9 and a half mins...and its a bit pissing loud as well....i'm gonna download it onto my PSP  icon_biggrin...although this ending doesnt have the short vids after the credits of everyone meeting up with friends etc(aries and cloud...pinocchio becoming a real boy,no suprise..wheres his cat anyway??.LOL)..and pluto with the letter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRZD2GezY3M&mode=related&search=

the secret ending is also on you tube...if that is the real secret ending,it does look cool,and is like a trailer for KH2

right,now to actually put kingdom hearts 2 disc into my PS2

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »

The secret ending (called Deep Dive) is indeed a preview for KH2.

Damn, if you had gone much higher than level 70 you almost would have been ready to challenge Sephiroth. 
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 04:50:33 PM »

Duuuuude, "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru isn't a Disney song!  It's a freakin' sweet j-pop song!

It's way better than the song they chose for KH2!   *tch

TheMissingLink on PSN
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on January 06, 2007, 04:50:33 PM

Duuuuude, "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru isn't a Disney song!  It's a freakin' sweet j-pop song!

Yeah, I was going to say something but I couldn't remember if Simple and Clean was used in the ending as well.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 04:59:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 06, 2007, 10:42:58 AM

okay,i have got the oblivion keyblade(which is pretty cool,thx EddieA)...and i started grinding at the colluseum....but that was very slow and was taking all my items away,and i wasnt making any money

so

i went to traverse town,ever since rescueing kiari,there have been bigger enemies there,so i started to level up there,and the levels just flowed by,as i get HP balls...dont use items now....anyway...i got to level 65(i wanted to make sure i did it)...and tried again,but i died at the same f*&kin' point....it just wont let me heal myself when i need to and he kills me...so i am now grinding again i am currently level 66,and when i get to level 75 and it still wont work,then i am calling it quits....the shadow dude is piss easy but that ansem,who you have killed a dozen times already(and i still have to beat him again...and on my own again after this fight)gets his shadow to grip me and i cant move(or heal),and thats when i die crybaby

and yes,that TV has had some more verbal abuse directed at it

oh,my time is now 38 hrs

This is my main gripe about JRPGs in general.  It seems like if you are having problems with a certain boss or level, the usual solution is to go and grind levels.  Being good at a particular RPG doesn't seem to take skill, but it is more of a factor of how long you play. 

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »

yeah simple and clean,i did notice the name at the credits...who are they?...it sounded like it came from a disney movie or something

hope you are kidding about sephiroth...isnt he like the hades cup or something?...all 40 ish rounds?..i did the first 3(10 rounds each)..but not the hades and the ???? cup....i tried one of the secret bosses,the one in agrobah he had 6 arms and he just handed my ass to me..didnt help that he disabled magic for me ,the duck and the dawg

the good thing about this game,thats different than the final fantasy games..is when you level,you usually have to get EXP again,for a higher amount...this game,i think after 50 or 55 i noticed that it was stuck at 17,000..or 18,000..so all i did was go round traverse town killing the enemies,i did a certain route that would take me through 2nd district,the hotel,the gizmo shop,on the rooftops and then into 3rd district...,if i did that run twice(which would take about 20-30 minutes)..i would level...thats why it took me 8 hrs to gain 18 levels,LOL

now take me in final fantasy 11..and i think i am destined to be on level 32 forever!!!!

just started number 2...they have changed a few things,not sure for the better,but we'll see

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 06, 2007, 05:32:33 PM

hope you are kidding about sephiroth...isnt he like the hades cup or something?...all 40 ish rounds?..i did the first 3(10 rounds each)..but not the hades and the ???? cup....i

He's the ??? cup.  pretty nasty fellow that took about 5 seconds to wipe my leve 50 party.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »

yeah,i could see that happening to my party,so i didnt even try

kingdom hearts 2,is pretty good,although they keep adding stuff to the game,like drives and crap like that...i just want it to be the same as KH1

the first 3-4 hrs were a bit tedious(with roxas),but then after those opening titles(thats right,after 3-4 hrs)...it got a ,lot better...the gummi ship is a bit better,but i wasnt really keen on those parts in the first one,and never even opened up the gummi ship menu

oh,but i dont like it how you have to take the guest fighter into your party...eg,you,the duck and mulan...i always shunned the disney characters out f my party because i just wanted it to be the three of us,and also be more used to the way the three of us fight

but,i am enjoying the game,and i suppose thats all that matters....looks as though its bigger than the first game

i am up to beasts castle...6hrs in

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 01:55:07 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 08, 2007, 08:54:50 AM

kingdom hearts 2,is pretty good,although they keep adding stuff to the game,like drives and crap like that...i just want it to be the same as KH1

I'm sure TML will be quite sympathetic icon_wink

For me, the first Kingdom Hearts game was something I was strangely compelled to play through but I don't think it was actually a very good game nor would it be something I would be comfortable recommending to most people.

KH2, on the other hand, was pretty damn great and fixed most of my issues with the first game so that I could actually play it guild free. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 09:08:58 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 08, 2007, 01:55:07 PM

I'm sure TML will be quite sympathetic icon_wink

For me, the first Kingdom Hearts game was something I was strangely compelled to play through but I don't think it was actually a very good game nor would it be something I would be comfortable recommending to most people.

KH2, on the other hand, was pretty damn great and fixed most of my issues with the first game so that I could actually play it guild free. 

guild free?....how do you mean?...have i missed something

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 09:10:02 PM »

Haha, it was a typo- I meant "guilt free" Tongue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 08:42:01 AM »

oic,LOL Tongue

getting more used to the game......missing christopher lee though,he hasnt been in it for some time(he just has one of those voices that gives everything quality)

Auron kicks ass as well in the underworld

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 01:36:36 PM »

Yeah, Christopher Lee is pretty badass in the game. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 07:10:28 AM »

okay,i am now....er....*cough*...singing with ariel the little mermaid under the sea..and with sebastian the crab(who i think looks like a lobster)

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

And with that, congratulations metallicorphan, you've been awarded my favorite poster of January '07 award.

(I'll let the "pretty good" comment slide)

TheMissingLink on PSN
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 07:31:38 PM »

LOL,well you know what i mean...i wanted it to be the same STYLE as KH1....anyway i am getting quite used to KH2 now,and its drives

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: