http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 06:27:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance  (Read 786 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:43 AM »

coming in 2015, with no magic or monsters or lemurs.  It's set in the Holy Roman Empire, along with knights, swords, fistfighting, sieges and probably some totally unrealistic way to heal yourself slywink

oh, and boobs:

As players traverse expansive, strikingly detailed locales, they'll grapple with a range of period- accurate fighting techniques, horseback combat, open-field sieges, and large-scale battles, all while developing relationships and a reputation that will inform the greater story. Kingdom Come: Deliverance promises no magic, high fantasy or mythical overtones - it draws its inspiration instead from historically authentic characters, themes, and warfare.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »

No Supermen with black S backgrounds either, I guess.

Also, I don't know why, CeeKay, but your images rarely show up for me.  And when I try to open them in a new tab, I get an error message (in both Chrome and ie).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:19:29 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 02:33:25 PM »

Somehow I don't think that kind of cleavage would have been acceptable for anyone but women of ill repute at that time. Tongue It's a strange pandering to fan service in a game that seems to be trying for realism, but if this is the worst immersion breaker, I can live with it.

This could definitely be an interesting game. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 19, 2013, 01:16:48 PM

Also, I don't know why, CeeKay, but your images rarely show up for me.  And when I try to open them in a new tab, I get an error message (in both Chrome and ie).

that's odd.  I don't have Chrome on my PC, but I checked with IE and then whatever the Kindle Fire uses (just to rule out a possibility of it being cached somehow) and they both work fine.

Maybe it is your PC's attempt at protecting you slywink

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 11:59:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 19, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 19, 2013, 01:16:48 PM

Also, I don't know why, CeeKay, but your images rarely show up for me.  And when I try to open them in a new tab, I get an error message (in both Chrome and ie).

that's odd.  I don't have Chrome on my PC, but I checked with IE and then whatever the Kindle Fire uses (just to rule out a possibility of it being cached somehow) and they both work fine.

Maybe it is your PC's attempt at protecting you slywink

I did try to add a CeeKay block feature into AddBlockPlus...

Actually, I wonder if it's an issue with Imageshack somehow.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 12:03:03 AM »

does this one show?

the Rehost Image add-on can do either Imgur or Imageshack, but sometimes it doesn't like Imgur so I switch it back.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »

Yeah, I can see the boobs now.

So bizarre.  Everyone else is seeing the original image?

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 05:50:34 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 20, 2013, 04:06:30 PM

Yeah, I can see the boobs now.

So bizarre.  Everyone else is seeing the original image?
yep.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 05:01:56 PM »

They just opened the Kickstarter campaign for it and uploaded a video

85,604 pledged of 300,000 goal

keep in mind, the lower tiers are for Act 1, which despite it's name is actually the meat of the game.  so you can get most of the game at the $24 level. 

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Act I, as it is planned, is a full scale, stand-alone game. It has 30+ hours of gameplay, complete open world map, all quests and closed story line. Most (if not all) game mechanics described above will be included: horse riding, combat, castle sieges, there will be at least one large-scale battle. Acts II & III extend the story, add new environment in separate maps, new quests, gear and weapons. They will also add new quests to the map of Act I. It will be possible to travel between maps of all Acts, some quests will require you to visit all of them.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »

$214k now with 28 days to go

I love this

Emergent Gameplay

Our world is a living, breathing, and COMPLEX ecosystem, ready to be toyed with. Everything happens for a reason, every character has his/her daily routine, and every routine can be affected by the player. Characters are able to react properly to all player actions and adjust their routines to them.

Reminds me of Skyrim,and the excitement i had waiting for that game

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »

And so it happens, just 36 hours into our Kickstarter campaign we have reached our goal!

That's really, absolutely, mind-blowingly thrilling. We cannot stress strongly enough how grateful we are to all of you. This resounding confirmation of what we've been working on for almost two years just makes everything worthwhile. We are happy -- and privileged -- to be working on this project and we want to make the best possible game we can, for you.

Now, with our goal reached, it's time for stretch goals and we shall announce the first one tomorrow. I would also like to make one thing clear: we have come to an understanding with our investor that every penny we make above the Kickstarter goal will stay with us and will go toward making Kingdom Come: Deliverance better.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 09:07:36 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 23, 2014, 08:56:32 AM

Reminds me of Skyrim,and the excitement i had waiting for that game

The big difference here being that these guys don't have to restrict themselves by developing for last-gen consoles like Bethesda did, and as an independent developer they have far more creative control and ability to use more "niche" game mechanics. For all its greatness, Skyrim was still burdened by last-gen concerns and a watered down RPG system compared to previous entries in the series.

I'm looking forward to this. Backed it at the 25 level for the digital version. Would have liked to see more options for act 2 and 3, but didn't see them within the reasonable levels of rewards. May have to look again.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 04:45:52 PM »

I'm not surprised.  300k wasn't very high.  I hope they get some interesting stretch goals now that they know the market is interested.  I'm waiting to see what those are before committing more than the $24.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55:02 PM »

doing good,passed 530k with 22 days to go

and new stretch goals

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 07:05:57 AM »

Kingdom Come: Deliverance To Be Distributed Digitally on Xbox One

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 07:41:43 AM »

The PS4 version will probably follow pretty soon. "Stay tuned" is the latest message from the devs. There's already an announced PS4 version of the game, but only for physical copies AFAIK. I'm kind of surprised Microsoft had a quicker turnover than Sony about this considering both companies' recent history of indie treatment. Good for Microsoft and Xbox One owners.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »

Just realised that this is in not $,so 564,000 converts to something like $920,000+

Quote from: TiLT on January 31, 2014, 07:41:43 AM

The PS4 version will probably follow pretty soon. "Stay tuned" is the latest message from the devs. There's already an announced PS4 version of the game, but only for physical copies AFAIK. I'm kind of surprised Microsoft had a quicker turnover than Sony about this considering both companies' recent history of indie treatment. Good for Microsoft and Xbox One owners.

This is what i want from next gen(current gen/whatever)consoles,more games like the PC has,and more diverse games,PC get all kinds of cool stuff(just thinking of that Euro Truck Driving game for one)

Kickstarters in the past for pretty cool games have always been for PC/Mac,never 360 or PS3,so i am hoping kickstarter peeps can now start adding XB1 and PS4 to their projects

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »

good to hear this.  I want a copy on PS4 but really wish they lower the entry point to get it and going with a digital copy would seal the deal. 

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 10:29:05 PM »

Quote from: Caine on January 31, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

good to hear this.  I want a copy on PS4 but really wish they lower the entry point to get it and going with a digital copy would seal the deal. 
. Agree with this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake up.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 10:29:38 PM »

It's now official: The game will be coming out for both Xbox One and PS4 in addition to the PC. Digital copies of the game that you receive through the Kickstarter can be for any of those platforms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: