http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 08:44:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Killing Floor (Steam zombie-stomper from Red Orchestra devs)  (Read 8113 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »

Slo-mo triggers when it wants, and more often when headshots kick in (I think). Also, some classes get a bonus to slo-mo (makes it longer if memory serves), which gets really funny if the slo-mo kicks in time and time again. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2010, 03:33:24 AM »

I haven't memorized the baddies' names but the one that seems draped in metallic stuff, and sort of has this glowing red thing on his chest, and seems damn near impossible to shake once he targets you (Scray? something like that?), I find really annoying. I've tried head-shotting it at point blank range and it does nothing. I think my noob question was answered that  shotguns and one other weapon work on it, or dropping a grenade at it's feet (kinda hard when he's basically strapped to my face).

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2010, 04:51:21 PM »

There is finally some new free content (for current owners of the game), including 4 new maps [in this case, polished versions of fan-created maps in a competition]:
http://www.bluesnews.com/a/2058/incendiary-free-content-pack-for-killing-floor-released
Tripwire Interactive are pleased, once again, to announce the release of another free content pack for their hit co-op survival-horror shooter, Killing Floor, along with a new DLC character pack – and an exclusive “The Ball” themed DLC character for Killing Floor.

The free Incendiary Content Pack gives a big boost to the Firebug perk in the form of a brand new weapon – the MAC-10. This submachine gun not only packs a punch with a high rate of fire and .45 caliber rounds, but for the Firebug will also fire incendiary ammo that will make his enemies do the fire dance. With this the Firebug now has his own personal close-range weapon.

Also included in the content pack are four new maps that were selected from the best maps entered in the Grindhouse map making competition. These maps have been given the “Tripwire Treatment” and have been polished up and made official. And to celebrate the release Tripwire will be offering a 50% discount on Killing Floor and the existing DLC character packs through Sunday 10th October 2010.

Highlights of the content pack include:
Four new maps – Hospital Horrors, Biohazard, Mountain Pass, and Suburbia
New Firebug weapon – the MAC-10 firing incendiary rounds
New money system – money now rewarded based on % of damage dealt rather than who gets the final shot, no more kill poaching for money!
Balance changes for several perks including the Sharpshooter, Commando, and Demolition perks
Bug and map exploit fixes
As always the content pack is free to all those who already own Killing Floor and will automatically download through Steam.

The “PostMortem” DLC Character Pack will bring you four new playable characters for the game. The DLC will be available to purchase over Steam or in-game, to anyone who already owns a copy of Killing Floor.
The Ball is their new game, not related to Killing Floor:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35460/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:54:07 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2010, 05:49:20 PM »

Looks like the Chrome browser symbol  retard

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2010, 06:03:40 PM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on October 08, 2010, 05:49:20 PM

Looks like the Chrome browser symbol  retard
True, but it's more catchy. Otherwise, it would be like...
The ChromeTM browser symbol is a first person action-adventure game featuring a full single-player experience built on Epic’s Unreal™ Engine 3 technology. As a swashbuckling archaeologist working on the slopes of a dormant volcano somewhere in Mexico, you get stuck in a cavern. It doesn’t take long before you realize this is more than just a cave. You reveal ancient ruins that have been hidden from outsiders for centuries and discover a mysterious artifact, a gold and metal shelled ChromeTM browser symbol.

As you progress towards solving the mystery of this amazing place you must unlock the secrets of the ChromeTM browser symbol and learn to control this ancient artifact. Venturing deeper into the volcano, you reveal some of mankind’s greatest secrets and you will start to encounter not just puzzles and traps, but also various strange creatures – the guardians of this mystery. These creatures have to be overcome, using only the ChromeTM browser symbol to defend you.
icon_mrgreen Maybe Google should sue for royalties...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:10:10 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2010, 12:55:12 AM »

Twisted Christmas for the Killing Floor.  It even has a guest cameo from TF2!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2010, 03:16:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 09, 2010, 12:55:12 AM

Twisted Christmas for the Killing Floor.  It even has a guest cameo from TF2!
I'll have to check it out. I still can't explain why I can play Killing Floor for hours without motion sickness while everything Source-engined (along with COD:MW, the new MOH etc.) makes me wanna hurl in a few minutes.

btw, I like the latest (it's not free, but is only $1.99) set of player character skins on Steam. Unlike some of the previous ones, some of them actually seem cool, rather than just bizarre.  icon_cool

Here 'tis:
Killing Floor: PostMortem Character Pack
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35417/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:19:05 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »

The update is supposedly live, and the game is on sale. I'm going to redownload it tonight, god knows how long it will take though.

Because I can,
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »

Was hoping for a sale!!!!

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »

the Summer Sideshow is coming.  I'll have to re-install tonight in case I have time to check it out.

Because I can,
Kossak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »

I started playing it again few weeks ago and can't stop - like i am discovering this game anew smile. Today i'm gonna make my berserker lvl 6!

And here's the Summer Sideshow movie

Add me: Raptr: Kossak, Steam: Kossak
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »

and there's another free weekend on Steam to celebrate their twisted Christmas 2 event.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

the Summer Sideshow is back!

Summer Sideshow Event Details

Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – auto downloaded through Steam
    All new level – Hellride - experience heaven and hell as you follow the course of this doomed carnival ride
    All creatures in game replaced with freak-shows themed monsters including Pukey the Clown and his side-kick, the Fleshclown
    16 new Summer Sideshow achievements return only for the duration of the event
    9 All new achievements added
    5 new official weapons – the IJC community weapon pack has been polished up and made an official part of the game
    “Steampunk Mr Foster” playable character Unlockable again for the duration of the event
    New DLC Character Pack – “Urban Nightmare”

it ends July 23rd.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:25:07 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: