http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 03:01:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Killer 7: Um.  (Read 1299 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2006, 01:30:26 AM »

10.00 at EB.

Heard great things about it though the controls are seen as a weakness.

I spent about 30 minutes on this tonight and have questions:

1. WTF!?
2. Am I going to have nightmares tonight? If so, how bad will they be?
3. Has there ever been a game as stylish as this?
4. WTF?!

That is all.
Brinstil
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:52:55 AM »

"WTF" is the best way to describe it. The game is weird, moreso than just about any other game ever. It's a helluvan odd game, and the mood, style and ambience of it are pretty interesting. The story is nonsensical in a way that kinda sorta almost works. Basically, you could read a plot analysis of it (and there are some doozies out there) and still go ' saywhat'

I hope you have fun with it, as it's certainly a unique experience. It's always fun getting people's reactions to this game. Crazy-ass Japanese games  icon_biggrin

“The PS3 will instill discipline in our children and adults alike. Everyone will know discipline.”
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:30:25 AM »

Quote from: Brinstil on August 17, 2006, 01:52:55 AM

"WTF" is the best way to describe it. The game is weird, moreso than just about any other game ever. It's a helluvan odd game, and the mood, style and ambience of it are pretty interesting. The story is nonsensical in a way that kinda sorta almost works. Basically, you could read a plot analysis of it (and there are some doozies out there) and still go ' saywhat'

I hope you have fun with it, as it's certainly a unique experience. It's always fun getting people's reactions to this game. Crazy-ass Japanese games  icon_biggrin
I was about to mention you as somebody who'd played through it.

The game definately sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a try.

PSN ID: EduardoX
angrycoder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 03:38:05 AM »

the game is much more enjoyable if you treat it as an adventure game with really strange action sequences.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:30:28 PM »

I love nearly everything about Killer 7.

Except for playing it.  I dread playing it, got about 75% in and no matter how f'n cool I like the way it looks, the fantastic style, I can't play it any longer.  It'll stay in my collection, forever teasing me.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 07:56:44 PM »

this is one of the Few games that doesn't dissapoint when it comes to the ending.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 01:10:47 AM »

i wouldn't really consider killer 7 a 'game', but more of a go at your pace story/movie.  The action/puzzle sequences aren't terribly difficult, but what compelled me to finish it was to see WTF was next.  Definitely an interesting use of a console/videogame platform to tell a story, albeit a really strange and confusing one.

If they decided to take put out a killer 7 movie, I'd probably pick it up.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 03:15:02 AM »

Yeah, this game is whacked.

I wrote up a thread about it over at OO. Read it if you dare!!!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 12:29:27 PM »

I spent another 50 or minutes on this last night and I'm getting more and more into it.

I just can't get over the style...

However, as that bit of time was still more 'get acquainted' time, I didn't save my progress.  So I'll be doing it all over again.  I'm pretty thrilled about this one now.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »

I only got to spend about an hour total gaming this weekend and nearly all of it was on Killer 7.

I get the sense that I'm still not very far into it, but man I am all the way into it.

Not 'mu shu'!  But MU SHU! Into it.  If I had the time, I'd probably play this game from start to finish in just a couple of days.

I haven't leveled up anyone yet, cause I'm still trying to figure out the abilities of each.  I like Kaede the best so far because of the sniping.

It's like playing a graphic novel. I'm afraid I like it too much actually.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 09:13:36 PM »

i picked this up the other day.  I had been looking for it off and on, and when you said it was 10 bux, I couldnt resist.  WOW, is it wierd.  I am a bit stuck right now.  Candlesticks.  But.  I will get it I am sure.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 10:51:34 PM »

as a courtesy to 'advanced search'-impaired topic generators (you know who you are):

ancient killer 7 thread here...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 11:13:29 PM »

I swear to God, if you damned people rope me into another video game because of the stinkin' forum effect I'll ... I'll ... I dunno, I'll enjoy another obscure game?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 12:50:17 AM »

for 10 bux, I dont think you can much go wrong.  My EB friend, recommened the GC version as opposed to the PS version.  I dont know much of the difference, he said it was controls overall. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 01:24:53 PM »

Quote from: GGMark on August 22, 2006, 12:50:17 AM

for 10 bux, I dont think you can much go wrong.  My EB friend, recommened the GC version as opposed to the PS version.  I dont know much of the difference, he said it was controls overall. 

The only nitpick I have with the controls (admittedly, the are quite different) is that it's hard to pinpoint aim, but I guess that's a nit for nearly any first person perspective game.

Sadly, I've not had any time to play this at all in the past couple days.  I'm anxious to get back to it, but man life is busy!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »

Quote from: GGMark on August 22, 2006, 12:50:17 AM

I think the game's something like 20 'Nuck Bucks, so yeah, it is pretty cheap. I just don't think it'll put a dent in the back log list of other older games that have to be picked up.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 02:01:52 PM »

I got to sit down with this game for about an hour and 20 minutes last night.

The more I play it, the more I love it.  There's a great sense of isolation and loneliness between the various personalities and the way the 'level's' are organized.  It's rather harrowing but entirely compelling.

I have cobbled together the bits of story that have been given to me and I think 'understand' what there is to understand.  Also, the map interface makes sense now and I've almost figured out all of the game mechanics. I'm still not sure how to counterattack or how to use some of the less apparent special abilities (like down attack).

Sadly, I'll be heading out of town for a several days and the PS2 won't be making the trip (DSL will though), but man I want to play this game.

Oh and I have I mentione the style?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 01:19:35 PM »

Finally got back to it for about an hour and a half last night.  It's still really quite good and while I'm not sure where the story is going, it is quite discernable.

It's a fabulous surprise of a gem so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: