http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 12:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Killer 7 - Japan Trailer *revived* *new trailers*  (Read 1999 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2005, 06:43:48 PM »

I had my eye on this one before...but the 3:21 of the Japan Trailer on http://www.gametrailers.com is some of the most unreal, twisted, awesome game footage I have ever seen.  I recommend the download to anyone - it's a fantastic trailer!  I think we'll be seeing this one in summer, however frown

Anyone else got an eye on this one / any info to share?

TheMissingLink on PSN
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 05:21:46 PM »

er... yeah.

weird.

Like the style, but I haven't got a clue as to what the game would play like...
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 09:07:23 PM »

Woah....

PSN ID: EduardoX
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 10:48:54 PM »

Quote from: "Eduardo X"
Woah....

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 11:17:07 PM »

That game looks crazy cool. I just hope the thing controls well on the Cube.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 11:25:53 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"

Has anything, ever controlled well on the Cube? I mean that-Im not trolling. I have a cube, and I think the controller is a peice of crap.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 11:44:22 PM »

Do you have a Wavebird because seriously, that's one of the best controllers ever made.

Wavebird + Super Smash Bros. Melee = Perfection.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 11:54:15 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Do you have a Wavebird because seriously, that's one of the best controllers ever made.

Wavebird + Super Smash Bros. Melee = Perfection.

I dont answer people that never play games with me  Cool

No, i dont have a wavebird, unfortunately with my hate-hate relationship with the cube i was reluctant to sink more money into it.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 12:30:41 AM »

Yikes, I thought that looked terrible.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 05:43:49 AM »

See Rage, it's funny - I think the Cube controller is phenomenal, except if it were to be used for FPSs. Had the silly little yellow nipple been given a larger "top" to it, like the grey control stick, the Cube controller would be ideal. I wonder if any third parties have made such a controller.

And the Wavebird rules all, by the way.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 02:39:02 PM »

That didn't make any sense, the levels look horrible and I guarantee the controls suck.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 02:53:30 PM »

Thats crazy looking, not sure what the heck was going on in any of that.  Looks interesting though.
jeansberg
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 05:04:10 PM »

Looks weird and freaky to me, although the graphics remind me of a psx game  smile
depward

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 06:05:32 PM »

I like the look and all of the artistic things in there.  Plus that trailer is just plain cool!  Though, it does give me questions about the gameplay . . . but I guess we'll see.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
RamPanther
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 06:03:19 AM »

In the distant past I read that much of the game is on rails, almost like those automatic car wash thingies.  You just sit back and fire as the game moves you along.

I'm not sure if that design decision changed.

Its also coming to the PS2 if you prefer that controller. Since the graphics are cell shaded there shouldn't be much difference in appearance between the two.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 02:41:31 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
See Rage, it's funny - I think the Cube controller is phenomenal, except if it were to be used for FPSs. Had the silly little yellow nipple been given a larger "top" to it, like the grey control stick, the Cube controller would be ideal. I wonder if any third parties have made such a controller.

And the Wavebird rules all, by the way.

I actually modded my Wavebird by swapping out the yellow stick with another grey stick from a different controller.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 06:15:24 PM »

That's amazing - that's freaking brilliant! 'Cause, as you'd know, both the grey stick and the yellow nub have the same "stub", just different tops, so they'd be interchangeable. How does it play? How does the camera feel in third person games? How does Time Splitters play?

Geez, you make me want to go out and buy two used controllers just to try that out.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 06:41:50 PM »

Ditto - do explain!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2005, 07:04:46 PM »

there are several websites on the web explaining the very simple mod, and all have stated that it's the only way to use the controllers

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 07:30:15 PM »

I've tried finding them, no can do.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 05:37:03 AM »

I even called up EB to see how much a pair of used Cube controllers would be. The little experiment would cost $40. Anyone know if there's a way to buy a replacement grey directional joystick that would be cheaper than $20 after shipping and all that jazz?

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 07:46:14 PM »

There wasn't much interest in this one before, it seemed, but it's coming closer and closer to its release date.  It ships on 6/7 (according to EB) and keeps looking more and more weird.

A few new trailers on the http://www.gametrailers.com website...looks very story-driven.  It looks like you change characters to gain sight in alternate realms, to me.  I had heard about it, but in the Kaede trailer, you can finally see how having your character cut her wrists is an effective move.   :shock:

Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon with me!?

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 07:47:25 PM »

I'll jump on in.  Though, I don't particularily want to purchase another copy so we have two at the apartment.  I'll leech off of yours   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 08:48:44 PM »

Sorry, I never saw the replies to this thread.  :oops:  The mod is very easy. It's really nothing more than just swapping out the sticks, they have the same base. The most difficult part is keeping the buttons and such from falling out/lining up correctly when you have to put the controller back together. You might ask at a gamestore if they have any broken controllers, since you're only interested in the parts.

Unscrew the controller (tri-wing screwdrivers are available at some gamestores or use a 1/16" or 2mm flat-head) and separate:

Flip the motherboard up to remove and replace the sticks:

Final results:

Makes a world of difference. I pity the poor fool who ever has to use the dual-nippled version.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 11:03:27 PM »

very cool. that does look tempting...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2005, 12:33:59 AM »

Yeah I've been tempted to do that to my controller a few times, I love the cubetroller, it's definately got the perfect balance, could use maybe one more shoulder button though.

As for the game, it's on semi-rails in that you have some control and there are multiple paths in each level, you don't see your enemies but you hear them laugh like maniacs and you have to switch into first person to attack them, it is extremely story driven, has some very interesting and unique characters, and all previews have stated that whether the final product end up being a good game or not is almost irrelevant as the story, style and other things they are attempting are completely unlike anything we've ever seen.

Yes, I've been hooked by over juicy preview writing.

I think one preview said, good or bad games will be looked at from the perspective of Pre-Killer 7 and post-killer 7, and while that sounds neat... eh.. I don't know what to think really, the game looks nifty but is 50 bones  too much to ask to be the guinea pig in a pseudo-artsy-overly creative-heavily story driven-super in-depth character design-maybe lite on the gameplay- experiment?

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2005, 07:27:52 PM »

The art style and story look absolutely awesome, but I am worried about how the gameplay turns out.  If the gameplay does turn out half as good as the game looks, then Capcom will have yet another Cube winner on its hands.

I have to say, I've really done a 180 about Capcom in the last year or so.  Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4 are two of my all time favorite console games, so if they can give me a 3rd must-have game then I will have to start putting them in my 'buy anything these guys make' catagory.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: