http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 01:15:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Killer 7 gameplay impressions  (Read 891 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2005, 09:13:17 PM »

We're not suggesting that Killer 7 is not fun because that's not true. It's just a different kind of fun -- one that's bound to excite some players and royally piss off others. For the record, we fall in the first group.

Ign Hands On

pretty interesting read for those of us who are piqued by the title. Unless the story and presentation elements are incredibly amazing, I think I may have a tough time to come to enjoy that gameplay style.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 10:00:42 PM »

It almost sounds like Dragon's Lair...

I dunno; it's sounding more and more like a must-rent than a must-buy.  Still, there is no way I can pass up the premise of the story + presentation.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 02:08:26 AM »

From the article:

After too many near-wars, all of the major powers decide to forget their differences and enter into an era of true piece.

Are the IGN editors even trying anymore?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 03:33:27 PM »

Maybe they're sharing a pie.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 03:38:29 PM »

Also, this whole thing reminds me of the P.N.03 release.  Similarly stark environments and odd control choices.  Capcom is just weird.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 09:36:20 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
Also, this whole thing reminds me of the P.N.03 release.  Similarly stark environments and odd control choices.  Capcom is just weird.

yeah, funny you should say that - don't know if you noticed, but, at the end of the review, there's this 'games you might also like' ign list, & there was pn03, a game i'd also thought about while reading the review...

stylish splatter-violence stuff's been having some kind of revival for a while now in japanese movies (see takeshi miike), & this game seems to be very attuned to that whole thing. maybe i'm just getting old, but a little of that stuff (& i do enjoy a little of it now & then) goes a long way with me. i don't mind the 'experimental gameplay' aspects of killer 7, i'm just wondering how long i could play a game drenched in psychedelic bloodshed with nothing even resembling a likeable character to relate to...

probably wait for the inevitable $20 copy (which is what i did with pn03 as well)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: