http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 07:30:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kill me now please  (Read 6936 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2006, 11:15:47 AM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on September 29, 2006, 03:32:39 AM

Oh this just keeps getting better and better.  I called on the 25th of September.  They didn't process my repair request until the 27th and now I won't get my box until October 2nd, that is one week from the time I called in the repair.  This is so incredibly frustrating.

So she transfers me to some guy who speaks english as a second language.

"Sir... how can I help you"

"You can transfer me to your supervisor, because I already know you can't help me"

"But sir, I am a supervisor"

"I know, and you are powerless to help me, I already have been told, so escalate me to the next level, I want to speak with someone higher up the ladder"

"I can't do that sir, we aren't allowed to transfer you to our supervisors, we have to put a case in the system, and THEY will call YOU."

I understand the frustration you are going through. I honestly do. But you need to put this in perspective. It is only a gaming system. They have agreed to replace it. (yes, I understand, AGAIN)  Two days to process a return is actually a swift turnaround. You have a weekend wedged in there which extended your delivery date. That is not Microsoft's fault, it is the UPS business model. You ask for a supervisor, get your request fulfilled, and then immediately brush him off. They offer to have HIS superior call you and it isn't good enough. In most cases, Manager level individuals are not standing around to field calls over a $400 problem. They deal with strategic priorites and high ticket customers, and if every CSR or supervisor called them out of a Six Sigma meeting to resolve an issue for Joe XYZ, the department would come to a grinding halt. That isn't to say that your complaint is not important, it simply means you need to wait. There are other customers of a higher priority than you or me , because they spent $40,000 rather than $400. When I worked for Motorola and I received a call from customer Sarah Beckmen and a different call from Ameritech, I'm sure you can guess who got my attention first. I truly wanted to solve both issues, but prioritization is the name of the game.

You won't have a leg to stand on with the BBB because this isn't an issue of fraud, negligence or non-communication. People think that when they call the BBB and receive a response from the company with which they have a dispute that it was the work of the BBB. In most cases that isn't even true. Despite BBB claims that they contact a company within 2 days, it is usually closer to 3 or 4 days. Then the company has 14 days to respond to the first BBB request. If there is no response, a SECOND request is made followed by another 14 day wait. When you get a call from the company the day after filing a complaint, it is usually because you happened to come up in the company's CSR queue- NOT because some thugs at the BBB strong-armed the ACME Corporation.

Also, the Better Business Bureau is much less intimidating to multinational corporations than most people understand. Again, I sympathize with your frustration. You worked hard for your money and deserve a product of a specific quality threshold.  But it isn't like the piece of machinery that needs repair is the car that drives you to work to put food on the table. Read a book for a week or so. They ARE trying to help you.

This is also why you should own multiple gaming platforms.  smile

Perhaps you haven't read my entire posts then. 

1. This is my 5th repair, in the last 2 months it is my 3rd.  My last two systems received back from MS have been dead on arrival.
2. I was specifically told by a supervisor on monday afternoon (I am EST, they are PST so would have been late morning for them) that the box would ship either late monday or early tuesday.  This did not happen.
3. This customer support line is for Xbox/Xbox 360.  They aren't taking calls for someone who spent $40,000 compared to my $400, we all spent $400.
4. Patience can only last so long.  I was very patient the first 4 times I have had to go through this process.
5. I asked for the supervisor's manager because I was told on Monday when I entered the repair request by a supervisor that there was nothing they could do at thier level other than enter a repair request. 
6. Wether the BBB can do anything or not to remedy my situation is moot, I will still be filing a complaint against MS because it is a valid customer service/product quality complaint.  This is a situation of negligence.  They are being negligent in testing and repairing systems correctly.  They were negligent the minute they sent dead systems out as being new/repaired.
7.  The reason I find it unacceptable that a manager will call me... this was offered on the last repair (which took over 3 weeks, it took 10 days just to get the first box, at which point I asked to have my case escalated) and in three weeks time I was never contacted.  I have no faith that anyone will be following up with me at this point.  I was willing to sit on hold for an hour if I had to in order to speak with someone then.
8. It doesn't matter that it is just a game system, it is the principal of the situation.  I paid for a product that has turned out to be defective.  MS has been negligent in correctly repairing and or replacing my system.  In 10 months I have gone through 5 systems.  I have been without my 360 for a total of 11 weeks and counting.  During that time I am still charged for Xbox live, and my 2 year warranty is counting down.  A 2 year warranty I paid $50 for that originally provided overnight shipping and a total of 1 week turnaround which is now downgraded to 3 week turnaround.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on September 29, 2006, 01:16:29 AM

Not to be a dick, but anyone considering buy a 360 needs to get one from Best Buy.  I took my broke ass system in and had it replaced in 20 min.  Just be sure to get the warrenty on it and you are good to go.  Time to set it up.

that's what i did, but haven't had to return it yet.  just out of curiousity, is there a limitation on the number of times during that 2 year replacement plan that i can actually get it replaced?  or is it a "anytime something goes wrong, just take it in for a new one" deal?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 29, 2006, 04:18:20 PM

Not to be a dick, but anyone considering buy a 360 needs to get one from Best Buy.  I took my broke ass system in and had it replaced in 20 min.  Just be sure to get the warrenty on it and you are good to go.  Time to set it up.

that's what i did, but haven't had to return it yet.  just out of curiousity, is there a limitation on the number of times during that 2 year replacement plan that i can actually get it replaced?  or is it a "anytime something goes wrong, just take it in for a new one" deal?

It is a 1 shot deal if I am not mistaken.  When you get it replaced you would need to buy a new warranty with the new system.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2006, 04:55:42 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on September 29, 2006, 04:28:15 PM

Quote from: hepcat on September 29, 2006, 04:18:20 PM

It is a 1 shot deal if I am not mistaken.  When you get it replaced you would need to buy a new warranty with the new system.

Yup you are right, and that is what I did.  But I will also say that after having read all these stories of people being screwed by MS and having to wait for a system that is basically referbished by them, and could be DOA, 49.99 is worth it to get it replaced with a brand new system in 20 min.  2006-06-05 is the build date of my new system.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2006, 05:14:12 PM »

Arkon, I also called on Monday the 25th to get my coffin.  I've received the e-mail that my return process has started but have yet to receive the box.  According to my new Bangladeshian friend George Washington this morning, I can be assured that my box has shipped.  He can't tell me when or anything, of course, but assured me I would be seeing my return box "soon".  I'm breathlessly awaiting.

I'm very anxious to return my pristine, babied 360 to Microsoft so they can ship me a beat up launch console that's been refurbed by some contract repair morons. 

The point should be made that no one you deal with in this process is an actual Microsoft person.  Contract phone support contacts contract shippers who takes the box to a contract repair center.  No one at Microsoft sees anything of this whole process, except the end billing for services.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2006, 05:57:22 PM »

I wonder what EB/Gamestop's policy on their extended warranty is. I'm tired of my jet engine of doom 360 and I don't want to wait 3+ weeks for Microsoft to replace my console yet again.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2006, 01:52:24 AM »

Well so far, no call back from MS.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2006, 09:14:22 AM »

Give it time.  I am 100% that these are all so poorly designed that they will ALL fail eventually.  Most sooner than later.  My day-one 360 just died 3 weeks ago.  Thought I was immune too.

Sue me - I still don't know how to do quotes...

But, yes, I am an owner of two 360's - one launch, and one later when someone else decided Zuma was better than FFXI... at prime time!  And I pray that I am immune.... though I have the "real" warranties - one from EB and one from Best Buy.. so hopefully I will be auto-immune  - please, whatever gaming gods and goddesses exist, make it so!  Oh, and Destructor, I can't quote EB's policy but I do know I've returned 2 or 3 SP's for new boxed ones without question (lint inside screen in early models)..I'm guessing it's good if you have a knowledgeable staff person you deal with, like I do - our very own Chaz - yay me!  :slywink:

Arkon, I am so "sorry for your loss" - I cannot imagine what you have been through in this crazy process - it is really unbelievable!  If you start a letter writing campaign or a lie-in-front-of-MS tanks party, count me in!  icon_evil

And Dante Rising, please do read the posts from beginning and not from latest post, you have made some excellent points - however, they don't match Arkon's situation, not in real life anyway...

Good luck to all 360 owners, it is a fabulous system, when it works!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2006, 02:20:43 PM »

Damn, I wish I didn't have to read all of this. It makes me feel bad, whenever someone invests that much time and money into something like this has become it is very frustrating.

It also pushes my inevitable 360 purchase back more and more because I want to save up and buy it at Costco.

goodluck to the rest of you, Arkon you truly are deserving of something and I think with some investigative searching you could find a phone number or email address of someone higher up at MS, you start pestering them, even if it's not in their department and shit starts to roll down hill fast.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »

At the very least, you should be reimbursed for the money you are spending on Live! service, since that charge is ongoing and recurring and you can't utilize it.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2006, 03:41:20 PM »

Quote from: DonD on October 01, 2006, 03:24:17 PM

At the very least, you should be reimbursed for the money you are spending on Live! service, since that charge is ongoing and recurring and you can't utilize it.

Yea, good luck with that.    Roll Eyes    When I changed my name from ConsoleGold to Gaming Trend I had 6 months left on my Live service.  They refused to move it over despite how many managers I got involved.  They weren't real 'helpful'.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on October 01, 2006, 03:41:20 PM

Quote from: DonD on October 01, 2006, 03:24:17 PM

Yea, good luck with that.    Roll Eyes    When I changed my name from ConsoleGold to Gaming Trend I had 6 months left on my Live service.  They refused to move it over despite how many managers I got involved.  They weren't real 'helpful'.

I have already asked, Live is handled by a seperate support group.  They basically told me that it would never happen because I can switch back and forth from gold to silver as I like, too bad I pay yearly and that doesn't help me at all.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »

Sorry to hear about your problems Arkon, good luck getting it all resolved, you really have gotten screwed with your 360.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2006, 09:16:29 PM »

Ok, so I got my box finally to send back this system.  However I haven't heard back from MS.  I called them up and asked what the timeframe is for me to hear back about the escalation.  Get this...

"There is no time table, it usually takes between 2 weeks and a month."

So the guy on the phone says, just send the system back because we will need it one way or another.  Depending on the escalation you will get a refurb back in 2 weeks or a new system in a month.

grrrr...................

finger right at ya MS.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2006, 10:59:55 PM »

Yeah... it's a shame. 

We have all started forgetting who this Arkon262 is to be honest.  I'm not sure how many of us even still have you on our friends list anymore.

Bummer.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 12:06:03 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 02, 2006, 10:59:55 PM

Yeah... it's a shame. 

We have all started forgetting who this Arkon262 is to be honest.  I'm not sure how many of us even still have you on our friends list anymore.

Bummer.

That is just cruel man, just cruel.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2006, 03:47:44 PM »

Well another week has gone by.  No call from MS, suprise suprise.  They have my system, but have heard nothing about what I am getting back or when.  So do I call MS yet again, getting sick of the runaround.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2006, 05:38:18 PM »

Call and talk to a supervisor again, just ask what is going on, when you will be getting a system back, or when you should be expecting a call from their supervisor.  It has been a really long time that you have been having this problem.  Tell them the reference number of your last call to them, and just say, I have heard nothing back and have sent in my system and I want to know what is going on.

I don't know the complete details of sending something into MS, but ask to be notified with a tracking number when it is shipped if it hasn't already been.  You never know, you could call in and they could have already sent one out to you and you just haven't gotten it yet.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on October 09, 2006, 05:38:18 PM

Call and talk to a supervisor again, just ask what is going on, when you will be getting a system back, or when you should be expecting a call from their supervisor.  It has been a really long time that you have been having this problem.  Tell them the reference number of your last call to them, and just say, I have heard nothing back and have sent in my system and I want to know what is going on.

I don't know the complete details of sending something into MS, but ask to be notified with a tracking number when it is shipped if it hasn't already been.  You never know, you could call in and they could have already sent one out to you and you just haven't gotten it yet.

Yeah they set me up with e-mail updates that auto send with tracking info, which is how I know nothing has shipped back.  I hate the runaround when I call in and ask for a supervisor, takes me 15 minutes just to get them to transfer me.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »

Well, something got f'ed up.  MS just now emailed me saying they received my 360 for repair, that means it took almost 2 weeks to ship back to them????
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2006, 11:45:14 AM »

Wombat on the Cagcast had enormous difficulties (not as bad as you) and he basically got to the point where he called in and said "I want free stuff.' and they gave him a choice of PGR3 or Kameo.

Time to make some noise Arkon.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2006, 08:47:39 PM »

Yeah, you have been getting screwed by MS.

jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2006, 06:55:41 PM »

Well, I finally got a replacement 360 back from Microsoft.  Mine was a 11-05 build, this one's a 10-05 build.  It's about twice as loud as the one I sent in, has a ton of scratches across the top while mine was pristine and boots about half the time.

Half of the time when I press the power button on the console or controller to start it up, the lights and fans come one but no video signal or sound is ever produced - it doesn't boot.  I can turn it off and back on a couple times and it'll finally boot up.  It also has a nice plastic rattle from something (not the vertical sensor) broken and rattling the inside of the case.

I spoke to my friend George Washington at the call center, who offered to send me another coffin. Yay.  I hope that whoever go my nice, clean console is enjoying it.

What other business could pull this shit?  What if Microsoft owned car dealerships?  It'd be like this:

My 2004 Suburban, under warranty, breaks down on the road.  I call the Microsoft dealer and they tow it to the dealership.  The next day, they call me and tell me it's ready to be picked up.  So, I go to the dealership and they give me the keys to a 2004 Suburban, only it's beat to shit - dings on the doors, scratches down the side and a cracked windshield.

Me: Hey, this isn't my car.  This one's beat to shit.
MS Mechanic:  Yeah, it was going to take a week to fix your car, so we're giving you this one instead.
Me: Yeah, but this one's beat to shit.  Mine was in great shape.
MS Mechanic:  True, but this one's a lot better because it runs great.  Yours didn't run at all.  We're not even going to charge you.
Me:  Can't you just fix mine?
MS Mechanic:  Well, maybe... but we stuck it over there in that lot with 200 other 2004 Suburbans that need fixed.  So, we're not even sure which one is yours any more.  Just take this one... it runs great.  And if it breaks down again, just bring it back and we'll give you one of those others.

There isn't another business that could pull this shit and make it seem legitimate.  And not another sector of business consumers that would stand for it.  Fuck.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:23:47 AM by jament » Logged
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

You are absolutely correct, there is no other business that could pull that shit off.  I know that it might not get you anywhere, but demand a brand new system.  Not later but now. 

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2006, 07:52:20 PM »

I am so f***ing pissed.  UPS dropped off my 360 this morning.  Left it on my front porch.  Around lunch time, we got a torrential downpour. 

1.  They are supposed to require a signature when they ship it back, which never happened.
2.  They didn't even put it between my screen door and my front door.  I am unpacking the thing now, the cardboard box is falling apart in my hands.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2006, 08:02:09 PM »

Holy crap, Arkon, holy crap.

Your luck is so bad you need to buy a lotto ticket or something. Maybe your luck will turn around.  icon_biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

Please tell us they put the 360 in a plastic bag or something?  Man, that is awful...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2006, 08:07:22 PM »

Well thanks to them putting the 360 in a bag on the inside, it seems to be spared from water damage, bot not 100% sure, there seems to be some condensate inside the bag.  However before connecting it I am already leary.

Manufacturing date of the console they sent me: 10-29-2005
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on October 19, 2006, 08:07:22 PM

Well thanks to them putting the 360 in a bag on the inside, it seems to be spared from water damage, bot not 100% sure, there seems to be some condensate inside the bag.  However before connecting it I am already leary.

If you are worried about possible condensation in the bag, I'd wait a several hours or more before powering it up.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »

Yeah, or have a fire extinguisher present in case the thing goes up in flames..... (maybe then you would get a new one)

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on October 19, 2006, 08:25:04 PM

Yeah, or have a fire extinguisher present in case the thing goes up in flames..... (maybe then you would get a new one)

LOL

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing. You've gone through WAY too much hell on a console for this shit to happen to you.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2006, 12:05:46 AM »

:icon_eek:

Is this a new console or did they just send you a refurb?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2006, 01:42:09 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on October 20, 2006, 12:05:46 AM

It is a refurb.  Only reason I know is because none of the clear stickers are on the system.  I am going to let it sit overnight and try it tomorrow.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2006, 01:56:24 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on October 20, 2006, 01:42:09 AM

It is a refurb.  Only reason I know is because none of the clear stickers are on the system.  I am going to let it sit overnight and try it tomorrow.

I call BS on this.  Call MS and UPS and say that the package you received contained very sensitive electronics, that it was left in the rain and is now damaged.  You want a replacement.  Escalate the mother out of that until you get satisfaction.

MS and UPS are bonded against this. They should totally replace the unit.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2006, 02:50:54 AM »

Quote from: ATB on October 20, 2006, 01:56:24 AM

Quote from: Arkon on October 20, 2006, 01:42:09 AM

I call BS on this.  Call MS and UPS and say that the package you received contained very sensitive electronics, that it was left in the rain and is now damaged.  You want a replacement.  Escalate the mother out of that until you get satisfaction.

MS and UPS are bonded against this. They should totally replace the unit.

Word.  I know it sucks to have to sit on hold and talk to more idiots but I think in this case it is very justified.  Get some satisfaction. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2006, 12:19:07 PM »

Arkon, do you watch Lost?  You've become Hugo.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2006, 01:14:17 PM »

I swear to you Arkon, if I win the lottery tonight, I am buying you a NEW 360 for all your troubles. I feel so bad for ya. tear

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2006, 02:11:25 PM »

Well the 360 works..... sort of.  It won't connect to Live currently and I can only open the disc tray through the dashboard or by pressing the eject button dead center and pressing really hard.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2006, 02:27:46 PM »

I can't believe all the issues you are having, it is absolutely ridiculous. They should have sent you a gold plated one by now!  saywhat

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2006, 02:33:15 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on October 20, 2006, 02:11:25 PM

Well the 360 works..... sort of.  It won't connect to Live currently and I can only open the disc tray through the dashboard or by pressing the eject button dead center and pressing really hard.

And you're going to escalate to whom when?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: